P30 v1 range repot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : P30 v1 range repot

Knighj1
02-15-2012, 20:01
I got a chance to get to the range today and ran 2 boxes of lawman 124 grain and and 3 boxes of federal 115 grain and I have to say I am in love. I tried all the different back straps and have decided I like the medium the best all the way around. I only had 1 issue the slide stop did not stay open on two occasions, but this was user error not the gun(I'm a lefty and gonna take some time to get use to a lever on that side(I've only owned glocks), although it happened on the first 2 mags and never after that, you do the math). Also I had my 26 and shot a few magazines through it and put it up, there is no comparison trigger wise. I hate that it took me this long to jump on this. I am still shooting a little right an high when fast shooting, but today was the first time in my 8 years of shooting that I have ever been able to group so consistently that I made a hole the size of a tennis ball. I was very impressed and tickled to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bac1023
02-15-2012, 20:04
Very cool :cool:

Knighj1
02-15-2012, 20:05
Also when I field stripped it I saw what looked like grease lube from the factory. I have always used ballistol for cleaning/lube/oiling. Should I use grease on the p30 and what is the best way to clean after each range trip? There maybe a sticky or it's embedded in this forum somewhere if someone could provide a link or description that would be greatly appreciated

collim1
02-16-2012, 05:35
Also when I field stripped it I saw what looked like grease lube from the factory. I have always used ballistol for cleaning/lube/oiling. Should I use grease on the p30 and what is the best way to clean after each range trip? There maybe a sticky or it's embedded in this forum somewhere if someone could provide a link or description that would be greatly appreciated

I think you know my stance on the subject of grease. I got some I'll loan you to try out.

cowboy1964
02-16-2012, 09:25
Never needed grease on anything, even my Sig. I figure it just attracts and holds crap that much more.

I think hickok45 practically drinks Ballistol, besides using it on his guns. That's good enough for me.

The manual tells you everything you need to know about cleaning. And it recommends oil and says nothing about grease.

grecco
02-16-2012, 09:28
I also picked up a P30,
and feel the love,