Input Needed from any Suppressed 7.62 Diablo Owners [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Input Needed from any Suppressed 7.62 Diablo Owners

Keyhole
02-16-2012, 07:20
I've just purchased a 7.62 PWS Diablo SBR and have some questions about suppressing it. I was first looking at the AAC 762-SDN-6, put when I called PWS to ask about the threading, they told me the only can they found to work reliably was the Delta P Brevis. Does anyone run either of these cans on a 7.62 Diablo? With what adapter for the SDN-6? With stock buffer or a replacement? I'm open to all input and advice on this. Thanks everyone!

M&P15T
02-16-2012, 07:28
No idea on your question, but pictures would be awesome.

Keyhole
02-16-2012, 07:54
Understood, but I don't expect the stamp until maybe around May.

LA_357SIG
02-16-2012, 13:22
How does a can "run reliably" or not? Anyway, I don't have a PWS Diablo, DB or 762sdn-6 can. I do however have a 16" 7.62x39 piston AR and a 762SD can. It works as far as suppressing the "boom" from the muzzle and cycles fine. The sonic crack will still be there, but it is hearing safe (to me). I use a standard buffer. The SDN-6 would be a better choice for SBR because of the all iconel baffle stack and endcap. I cannot see how one can is more reliable than another except for a blowback issue, but that is not a big deal with adjustable pistons.

Keyhole
02-16-2012, 14:22
7 inches of barrel is typically not enough to stabilize the bullet. The Diablo has a 1:8 twist rate, so the bullet doesn't even get one full turn before exiting the barrel. Unstable round=baffle strikes, but it seems people are running this weapon suppressed without issues. That's what I'm primarily interested in. Confirmation and details on that.

Jer
02-17-2012, 01:18
Most suppressor manufacturers will NOT warranty below 12" due to your blast baffle being absolutely hammered in something that short. If you want to suppress with that length I would suggest looking into 300 Blackout.