Welfare/Food Stamp Recipients=Zombies? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Welfare/Food Stamp Recipients=Zombies?

TN.Frank
02-16-2012, 15:48
It doesn't seem too far fetched to equate todays Welfare/Food Stamp Recipients with the Zombies that you see in the movies, especially in the case of Government Shutdown and non-payment of benefits.
First off, they "feed" off of society just like Zombies and just like a Zombie Horde they'd take to the streets and move through Urban and even Rural areas if they didn't get their needs met by the Government.
It's very easy for me to substitute the Zombies you see in the movies with bands of City Folk that's lived off of the Government dime for generations ganging up on those of us who have saved food and supplies back for hard times.
Has anyone else noticed this similarity besides me?

humanguerrilla
02-16-2012, 16:21
Doesn't have to be welfare/ food stamp recipients. I was in the local sporting goods store the other day and overheard the "I don't need maybe more than three days stuff, I'll take what I need" speech from a college age kid. I believe this is more and more common and there are more and more soulless people that will be raging zombies if they miss a few meals.

I actually have a prepper friend who buys food preps with food stamps and is comfortable enough to brag about it to me. He works a seasonal job and draws unemployment when off. With his fairly large brood I'm sure they qualify for some other kinds of welfare. He is a capable country guy, into everything, with a big family of preparedness minded Mormons on his wife's side and they might be in a better position than some folks here.

G29Reload
02-16-2012, 16:36
Known as the mutant zombie biker theme.

I call them "targets".

If rape and pillage is your backup plan, you're on very shaky ground.

Its really bad form to be suffering from gunshot wounds when medical help is already stretched thin and maybe ordinary lines of communication are down.

SGT HATRED
02-16-2012, 16:41
This is my exact definition of "zombies"

cowboy1964
02-16-2012, 16:51
Bob Hope on Zombies and Democrats - YouTube

quake
02-16-2012, 16:56
Worse than zombies. First issue is that they'd be the equivalent of the newer "running" zombies, not the traditional slow, moaning zombies. Slow moaners would be easy to deal with; a large group of runners coming at you or your front door could be a very bad thing, regardless of how well a prepper is armed.

Additionally, these runners are liable to be wielding weapons every bit as formidable as the ones the prepper has at his disposal.

Worse than zombies, definitely.

(Cities suck.)

RED64CJ5
02-16-2012, 17:02
I actually have a prepper friend who buys food preps with food stamps and is comfortable enough to brag about it to me. He works a seasonal job and draws unemployment when off. With his fairly large brood I'm sure they qualify for some other kinds of welfare. He is a capable country guy, into everything, with a big family of preparedness minded Mormons on his wife's side and they might be in a better position than some folks here.

Sounds like a lot of folks around here. Scary.

dasadab
02-16-2012, 18:50
I am on the Board of the Salvation Army branch in a large coastal city. I have worked on homeless issues for over 10 years. About I/3d of the homeless population is comprised of Veterans. Many have significant mental health issues. Many military families rely on government assistance.

TN.Frank
02-16-2012, 22:45
I am on the Board of the Salvation Army branch in a large coastal city. I have worked on homeless issues for over 10 years. About I/3d of the homeless population is comprised of Veterans. Many have significant mental health issues. Many military families rely on government assistance.

That is a sad fact that our government won't take care of the Veterans that served their country but will pay out millions upon millions to generational welfare recipients.
I'm not talking about people who really need the help because of disability or other temporary hardships. There are some who's Grandmother and mother were on welfare, now they're on welfare and have popped out 4 or 5 kids(who will end up on welfare) who get "help" when others who really could use it can't get help at all.
This kind of person, on the government dole, feels that society owes him something and when push comes to shove(like in a SHTF situation) will TAKE rather then do like most of us here would and get into groups so we can help and give to one another.
I think about what's going on in Greece right now, all the disorder and riots and wonder how long before the same thing starts to happen here. The Occupy Wall Street bunch is just the tip of the ice berg and it makes me wonder how our country came to such a lowly state of affairs.
A buddy I met here on GT and who is currently serving his country in Afghanistan will be coming back to Crossville in about 3 months. We plan on getting together with a few other folks and forming a group so we'll have "safety in number" and if nothing else just have a few friends to hang out and go shooting with.

G30Mike
02-16-2012, 23:03
I say let em come. Molotov cocktails are pretty easy to make, and work well with crowd dispersement I'm sure. :)
If I can't use fire, 3 weapon operators in the house would probably do nicely. Me on a Noveske AR, the girlfriend on the Colt AR, and my son on his scoped 10/22, with body armor and kevlar helmets all around. We should be okay for a while at least.

kirgi08
02-17-2012, 01:35
:50cal:

45reloader
02-17-2012, 04:45
It doesn't seem too far fetched to equate todays Welfare/Food Stamp Recipients with the Zombies that you see in the movies, especially in the case of Government Shutdown and non-payment of benefits.
First off, they "feed" off of society just like Zombies and just like a Zombie Horde they'd take to the streets and move through Urban and even Rural areas if they didn't get their needs met by the Government.
It's very easy for me to substitute the Zombies you see in the movies with bands of City Folk that's lived off of the Government dime for generations ganging up on those of us who have saved food and supplies back for hard times.

You are correct and they are most likely to become bold and violent. We are at a real crossroads in 4 years the national dept will be 24.6 trillion. You tell me how we make it another 5 years following this course.

TangoFoxtrot
02-17-2012, 05:49
Doesn't have to be welfare/ food stamp recipients. I was in the local sporting goods store the other day and overheard the "I don't need maybe more than three days stuff, I'll take what I need" speech from a college age kid. I believe this is more and more common and there are more and more soulless people that will be raging zombies if they miss a few meals.

Well the "I'll take what I need college kid" will give me personal pleasure when I give him an extra hole his his head or anyone else who thinks they are just going to rape and pilage society.

TangoFoxtrot
02-17-2012, 06:00
That is a sad fact that our government won't take care of the Veterans that served their country but will pay out millions upon millions to generational welfare recipients.
I'm not talking about people who really need the help because of disability or other temporary hardships. There are some who's Grandmother and mother were on welfare, now they're on welfare and have popped out 4 or 5 kids(who will end up on welfare) who get "help" when others who really could use it can't get help at all.
This kind of person, on the government dole, feels that society owes him something and when push comes to shove(like in a SHTF situation) will TAKE rather then do like most of us here would and get into groups so we can help and give to one another.
I think about what's going on in Greece right now, all the disorder and riots and wonder how long before the same thing starts to happen here. The Occupy Wall Street bunch is just the tip of the ice berg and it makes me wonder how our country came to such a lowly state of affairs.
A buddy I met here on GT and who is currently serving his country in Afghanistan will be coming back to Crossville in about 3 months. We plan on getting together with a few other folks and forming a group so we'll have "safety in number" and if nothing else just have a few friends to hang out and go shooting with.

OK... I think we got your point.

Bren
02-17-2012, 06:20

I agree. But, just like golfers, if we shoot them all they'll lock us up and throw away the key.

TN.Frank
02-17-2012, 09:39
I agree. But, just like golfers, if we shoot them all they'll lock us up and throw away the key.

That's GOPHERS.:rofl:

cowboywannabe
02-17-2012, 09:56
Bob Hope on Zombies and Democrats - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6YdNmK77k)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: couldnt have said it better myself!:rofl::rofl:

smokeross
02-17-2012, 10:08
I'm not too worried about them. Seems they will make large, slow, witless targets.

Bren
02-17-2012, 13:03
I'm not too worried about them. Seems they will make large, slow, witless targets.

Some of them are fast zombies.

G30Mike
02-17-2012, 13:13
Some of them are fast zombies.

True, our taxes feed them pretty well right now so we might be surprised how healthy some of them may be. :)

pugman
02-17-2012, 14:25
You are correct and they are most likely to become bold and violent. We are at a real crossroads in 4 years the national dept will be 24.6 trillion. You tell me how we make it another 5 years following this course.

Pocket change.

The government has approximately $211 Trillion due over the next 30 years.

We will make it as long as the government is able to borrow money from foreign countries, steal from future generations or tax the current tax base as long as we are stupid enough to continue paying it.

eracer
02-17-2012, 14:47
I am on the Board of the Salvation Army branch in a large coastal city. I have worked on homeless issues for over 10 years. About I/3d of the homeless population is comprised of Veterans. Many have significant mental health issues. Many military families rely on government assistance.Stop now.

You are ruining the fantasy that so many here have about who exactly the indigent are in this country. And don't you dare mention that the massive cuts in government mental health programs over the last two decades have created much of the homeless problem we face today.

Don't you dare...

G33Fla
02-17-2012, 14:47
kudos to Bob!

emt1581
02-17-2012, 15:25
I thought I mentioned this before but just in case....check out my thread titled "What happens when the handouts stop?". Dozens of pages of conversation about this very subject.

-Emt1581

Chindo18Z
02-17-2012, 20:08
Originally Posted by dasadab:

Not doubting for a moment that there are many veterans that fall into those categories, but...how do you really know they are veterans?

I have encountered some "poser" veterans in the homeless community...complete with self-spun tales of non-existent service, alleged service related mental trauma, and darkly classified anecdotes of derring-do. In other words...con artists.

Do you ever have cause to see any records or documents actually confirming their veteran status?

How do you go about verifying that military service in order to arrive at a 1/3 figure?

Akita
02-17-2012, 20:19

This is how the term 'Zombie' came to be in a shtf context. But you cant be PC and say who you are really talking about on the Internet; most boards will kick you off for speaking what you really think. Think of using 'zombie' as self censorship that kinda took a life of its own and gained pop culture status.

And before anyone jumps me, I'm just reporting what I saw happen. I personally dont use the term when discussing the masses of scum that will prey on decent folks and I wont care what race someone is if they choose the Dark Side.

Akita
02-17-2012, 20:22

I see we may have our DU troll back.

TangoFoxtrot
02-17-2012, 21:53
I see we may have our DU troll back.

Did he say something you disagree with or is not true. Besides we went WAY off topic here. This welfare topic should be said on the political rhetoric forum.:upeyes:

TN.Frank
02-18-2012, 07:48
Did he say something you disagree with or is not true. Besides we went WAY off topic here. This welfare topic should be said on the political rhetoric forum.:upeyes:

Ahh, but it's SURVIVING these folks rampage after the checks don't go out so maybe this IS the right place for it.

redbrd
02-18-2012, 08:34
You want to know what happens just refer back to Katrina. That was a city with many of the "Zombies" you refer to. Its not hypothetical it has been demonstrated in recent history.
Sadly I was there in the aftermath of Katrina. On one hand it was very uplifting to see the out-pouring of support from many folks around the country. On the other hand the "Zombies" ran in packs or sat on there butts waiting for handouts, literally refusing to help improve their own situation.

runcible68
02-18-2012, 23:26
I had relatives who fell on hard times and needed foodstamps to get by. I've also seen elderly people, including veterans, who have needed them as well. They were not lazy or shiftless by any means. They are not "zombies."

And what do we mean by zombies anyway? When we're being jovial, it means hordes of undead brain eating revenants that would make for some nifty guilt free target practice. But when you use the word to describe people who were affected by Katrina, well, I worry about what you mean.

My friend's daughter, who is white, was in NOLA on business when Katrina hit and was forced to take refuge in the Superdome. (She was also in the Towers on 9/11 too!) While the scene at the Superdome was awful, she did not see any of the horrors the media reported second-hand to garner ratings. She saw scared people trying to survive, not welfare deadbeats. I get so sick of the undercurrent of racism some posters in these forums like to engage in. And it happens. You know it happens. (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18572837&postcount=25)

Sorry guys, I hate to bust in on some of your self-reliance fantasies, but it's a good bet that some people on this forum are on some sort of government assistance too. Want to call them zombies? They way some of the people on this forum group think with the herd make me wonder who the real "zombies" are.

Some of you will call me a troll because I what I said doesn't fit into your scheme of things. Oh well. I've said my piece.

LASTRESORT20
02-18-2012, 23:30
~ "Welfare/Food Stamp Recipients=Zombies?" ~

Get Ready....

Javelin
02-18-2012, 23:31
Zombies don't need food stamps.

They eat brains stupid.

LASTRESORT20
02-18-2012, 23:35
Zombies don't need food stamps.

They eat brains stupid.

~ "...It doesn't seem too far fetched to "equate todays" Welfare/Food Stamp Recipients with the Zombies that you see in the movies, especially in the case of Government Shutdown and non-payment of benefits.
First off, they "feed" off of society `just like Zombies`..." :yawn:

TN.Frank
02-19-2012, 08:29
"Zombies" contribute Nothing to Society, they're only purpose is to feed and pro-create. :whistling:

Sgt. Rambo
02-19-2012, 09:38
I work between to Northeast cities and have witnessed the Zombie hoardes or the closest thing you'll see to them. First one was a group of 40-50 living in/on/under railroad lines where they shoot heroin and literally live like zombies. When asked why don't we or the city go and do something about it... No one had an answer. They're a forgotten people. They move like zombies in every sense of the description.
The smaller of the two cities has another railroad bridge where they gather and its just bizarre. They are homeless, some are vets and almost all have mental health and substance abuse problems. They live in the shelters from time to time but they've burned ALL their bridges in family and society. Its sad but it will be ugly when the shelters close and the disability payments stop.

Von Hayes
02-19-2012, 19:30
I plan on going cannibal week 1.

No sense putting it off.

Javelin
02-19-2012, 21:39
Ahh, but it's SURVIVING these folks rampage after the checks don't go out so maybe this IS the right place for it.

From the situation that is being described it would appear you will be surviving more than just some folks without checks. You will be surviving everyone that doesn't have what you do.

:dunno:

lawman800
02-21-2012, 04:55
I think the modern zombie parable is exactly about whatever disaster or catastrophe may befall us, from natural disasters to angry mobs and hordes waiting to burn and pillage. Zombie is just an easy way to reference that without angering anyone.

Bren
02-21-2012, 07:00
This welfare topic should be said on the political rhetoric forum.:upeyes:

Then you have a different idea than me about what the threat is, in a SHTF survival context. If I want a real-world answer, I just think back to hurrican Katrina - it wasn't rich folks from the Garden District looting.

Bilbo Bagins
02-21-2012, 08:54
I work between to Northeast cities and have witnessed the Zombie hoardes or the closest thing you'll see to them. First one was a group of 40-50 living in/on/under railroad lines where they shoot heroin and literally live like zombies. When asked why don't we or the city go and do something about it... No one had an answer. They're a forgotten people. They move like zombies in every sense of the description.
The smaller of the two cities has another railroad bridge where they gather and its just bizarre. They are homeless, some are vets and almost all have mental health and substance abuse problems. They live in the shelters from time to time but they've burned ALL their bridges in family and society. Its sad but it will be ugly when the shelters close and the disability payments stop.

+1

People bytch about welfare and food stamps and such, but go to a 3rd world country and see how real poor people are. Are Americans ready to see true zombies in the streets, men, women and kids in the streets, starving, eating trash, willing to sell themselves, rob and kill just to live another day.

I think a true SHTF event would be when the checks stop coming. You see government provide social services like Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, Food Stamps and unemployment to keep the the "have not" masses in check. Stop the flow of money and you will see more crime, rioting, and overall poverty. You will also see the
a huge uptick in drugs. Just like Sgt Rambo is saying you will see more of that, the poor would need to sell drug to others in order to survive. Those others could easily be your family members, school kids, soccer moms, anyone. So the Zombie horde grows. Now little Suzie who went to a good school and was up for Scholarship to Yale is strung out on Heroin and turning tricks for food and the next fix.

Ashely who was married, with two kids and a great life, lives in the woods, and is a walking skeleton because of meth. She lives with a small horde of other meth head zombies. They noticed that at one remote rural home the parents are away between 8am and 4pm and there is only one 15 year old girl and a 12 year old boy watching the house. The kids shouldn't be a problem, and the guy zombies can have their fun with the 15 year old girl. They need to steal some money and stuff so they can shake and bake some more meth.

You see you keep mentioning Urban, but scumbags are everywhere, and drugs and poverty will just breed more scumbags. It will be everywhere, and you are right it will pop up like a zombie infection. You will see less fat ghetto moms buying steak with food stamps, and instead you will see skinny people stealing, and dealing to your family friends, and neighbors.

Bolster
02-21-2012, 09:02
Call me naive, but I don't see the government checks stopping, at least under this administration. My impression is that Obama would gladly squeeze every cent out of the private sector to fund the public sector, and leave it to "the next guy" to fix the mess. Obama is the High Plains Drifter, come to town to punish those who he imagines have oppressed him in the past, don't believe in big govt, socialism, and whatever else he believes in.

It's easier for me to imagine a "ruling class" and "serfs," with a let-them-eat-cake attitude for those who aren't on the govt payroll, or aren't contributing to the Party Machine. So the best survival strategy under Obama, if you ask me, is to take a government job. That way you're assured you're the first in the food line, and nobody else has a police force but the government, and coercion will rule the day, as it has for centuries. We are slipping backwards at a rapid pace in the US. Since I'm private sector, I guess that makes ME the unfortunate zombie, diving in trash cans.

I think the modern zombie parable is exactly about whatever disaster or catastrophe may befall us, from natural disasters to angry mobs and hordes waiting to burn and pillage. Zombie is just an easy way to reference that without angering anyone.

Yes, exactly. The new political technology is to crank up that angry mob to the breaking point, so everyone's pissed at everyone else. A little bump and we'll be at each others' throats. What do you expect after years of stoking class-envy and racial hatreds for political gain.

lawman800
02-21-2012, 09:35
Think about it, America is pretty much the only country in the world where the "poor" are fat and have multiple television sets and smart phones. I've been inside homes in the ghetto that have way more electronics than I can afford and I've dealt with tons of ghetto folks who are *****ing about being poor but yet, eat pretty regularly and in good quantities, judging by their size.

Before people start saying that it's poverty that limits them to eating high calorie fatty foods which costs less, spend some time in the ghetto, hang out at a 7-11 or restaurant, observe what is being eaten, it ain't much different than what middle class America has to eat.

TN.Frank
02-21-2012, 10:16
Then you have a different idea than me about what the threat is, in a SHTF survival context. If I want a real-world answer, I just think back to hurricane Katrina - it wasn't rich folks from the Garden District looting.

Yep, looks like we're on the same page there pard. Seems like it's the folks that think the government owes em' something that quickly turn to looting for what they want(noticed I didn't say "need" because folks during Katrina were stealing big screen TVs, not high on my list of survival items.) and it was even the same during the L.A. Riots. Many didn't even know who Rodney King was, they were just looking for an excuse to steal things.
Those will be the same folks that we'll have to defend ourselves against if the government ever shuts down for a month or two and can't/won't send out the welfare checks and food stamps. I really think "Zombies" is a good term for em'.

Aceman
02-21-2012, 16:17
You know - I hear complaining about "these people" all the time. The posters really generalize. I'm fairly certain that they are talking about the generational welfare/foodstamp families. But usually no one clarifies that. I wonder how many that REALLY is? everything I have ever seen/read heard suggests to me that it really isn't very many. Does anyone have any data? Facts beyond political rhetoric?

My wife and I BOTH lost our jobs a couple of years back. I personally was DISGUSTED with the people who were all complaining about "They shopuld have to work to recieve that money"
#1 The circumstances we both lost our positions were shaky at best. But fighting back would have only caused us both further difficulty getting a job.
#2 I paid WAY effing more into the system over all of the years i had worked than they were giving me back.
#3 The time I spent looking for jobs, would have been vastly reduced during that time if I had to work all day, then look for a job.
#4 And then - I'd have to get child care to pay for while I was working, instead of being home for the kids and able to look for work.
#5 On top of that, some genius always comes up with "move boxes at walmart" or "pour coffee at starbucks" Where I'd make less, have to pay for childcare, and still lose my house, while cutting my job search time down by 66%.

Sounds really simple to people that have never been in that place before. "They are all zombies leeching off us all"

I'd be glad to let you not pay that tax if you want. But if SHTF's for you - don't come asking for help. I'm glad none of you have ever been in a place where you aren't worried about losing your home, feeding your children, or being without medicine.

I've been there - and the people I ran across on a day to day basis in clinics and everywhere else were not the zombies you speak of.

And then the Gov bails out the banks and GM? WTF.

The Generational Welfare = .00001% of wasted money
The bailouts, wars with countries no one cares about and other BS = 50% of our deficit.

Get your priorities in order. Most of the poor in this country are actually the WORKING poor. People who sweat their @$$es off everyday and still can't afford a decent apartment, decent food, or the medicine they need.

emt1581
02-21-2012, 18:03
You know - I hear complaining about "these people" all the time. The posters really generalize. I'm fairly certain that they are talking about the generational welfare/foodstamp families. But usually no one clarifies that. I wonder how many that REALLY is? everything I have ever seen/read heard suggests to me that it really isn't very many. Does anyone have any data? Facts beyond political rhetoric?

My wife and I BOTH lost our jobs a couple of years back. I personally was DISGUSTED with the people who were all complaining about "They shopuld have to work to recieve that money"
#1 The circumstances we both lost our positions were shaky at best. But fighting back would have only caused us both further difficulty getting a job.
#2 I paid WAY effing more into the system over all of the years i had worked than they were giving me back.
#3 The time I spent looking for jobs, would have been vastly reduced during that time if I had to work all day, then look for a job.
#4 And then - I'd have to get child care to pay for while I was working, instead of being home for the kids and able to look for work.
#5 On top of that, some genius always comes up with "move boxes at walmart" or "pour coffee at starbucks" Where I'd make less, have to pay for childcare, and still lose my house, while cutting my job search time down by 66%.

Sounds really simple to people that have never been in that place before. "They are all zombies leeching off us all"

I'd be glad to let you not pay that tax if you want. But if SHTF's for you - don't come asking for help. I'm glad none of you have ever been in a place where you aren't worried about losing your home, feeding your children, or being without medicine.

I've been there - and the people I ran across on a day to day basis in clinics and everywhere else were not the zombies you speak of.

And then the Gov bails out the banks and GM? WTF.

The Generational Welfare = .00001% of wasted money
The bailouts, wars with countries no one cares about and other BS = 50% of our deficit.

Get your priorities in order. Most of the poor in this country are actually the WORKING poor. People who sweat their @$$es off everyday and still can't afford a decent apartment, decent food, or the medicine they need.

Hold on a second. Unemployment is something we pay for or into rather...MUCH different than welfare/food stamps!

-Emt1581

bdcochran
02-21-2012, 18:39
My observations.

1. if you want to get steamed up, there is always something to be mad about in this country.

One day, my elementary school son asked me why I worked and paid for he and I to eat at school. I was a single dad and I would eat with the kids at breakfast time at school. I also volunteered at the school. When it came to Little League, each team was supposed to supply two adults for baseball umpiring. One day the other team had no fathers whatsoever show up for a game.

My kid complained that the other kids parents did not help at school, the kids received free meals which they would throw out and had spending money for candy.

I told him not to worry about whether other people were cheating and to focus on himself. I also suggested that he go buy candy wholesale and sell it retail at school. He followed both lines of advice. He started selling candy to the illegals at school. 25 years later, he makes a living selling on the internet.

2. For every cheat on welfare, there truly is some person not capable of taking care of him or herself. Do volunteer work sometime and your eyes will be opened.

3. Life isn't fair. Accept that reality and work towards making life fair - complaining isn't productive.

Akita
02-21-2012, 19:03
Hold on a second. Unemployment is something we pay for or into rather...MUCH different than welfare/food stamps!

-Emt1581
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And theres your winna!

kostnerave
02-22-2012, 00:06

I sure have and they live just like zombies. Be afraid very afraid you're what stands between them and your family.

Ruggles
02-22-2012, 00:13
I had relatives who fell on hard times and needed foodstamps to get by. I've also seen elderly people, including veterans, who have needed them as well. They were not lazy or shiftless by any means. They are not "zombies."

And what do we mean by zombies anyway? When we're being jovial, it means hordes of undead brain eating revenants that would make for some nifty guilt free target practice. But when you use the word to describe people who were affected by Katrina, well, I worry about what you mean.

My friend's daughter, who is white, was in NOLA on business when Katrina hit and was forced to take refuge in the Superdome. (She was also in the Towers on 9/11 too!) While the scene at the Superdome was awful, she did not see any of the horrors the media reported second-hand to garner ratings. She saw scared people trying to survive, not welfare deadbeats. I get so sick of the undercurrent of racism some posters in these forums like to engage in. And it happens. You know it happens. (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18572837&postcount=25)

Sorry guys, I hate to bust in on some of your self-reliance fantasies, but it's a good bet that some people on this forum are on some sort of government assistance too. Want to call them zombies? They way some of the people on this forum group think with the herd make me wonder who the real "zombies" are.

Some of you will call me a troll because I what I said doesn't fit into your scheme of things. Oh well. I've said my piece.

9/11 Towers and Katrina? Yikes talk about your bad luck......

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 08:33
My older daughter is raising three kids on her own, very little child support from the birth father. She gets food stamps(actually here in Tennessee it looks more like a debit card) to help make ends meet. Well, they told her that they over paid her by $500 and she'd have to pay it back. Figure that one out.
Also, my younger daughter who lives in AZ. and is a teacher wanted to get food stamps during the summer to help offset being unemployed during that period of time and was told that she couldn't get them because she made too much money during her work year as a teacher. A friend of hers who has never worked and has 2 kids is basically cheating the system and gets food stamps and welfare when she's perfectly able to work.
I want to make clear, I'm not talking about folks that have worked most of their lives and now need a little help or people who can't work and need help. I'm talking about folks like a cousin I have on my father's side of the family who quit a $15 buck an hour job back in 1985 that my dad helped him get in Phoenix, AZ in order to move back to Detroit, MI to get back on welfare and food stamps because, as he said, it's easier then working.
Some folks just leech off of the system and in the event of a SHTF situation where the government can't help them out anymore they'll turn to stealing from those of us who had the common sense to put stuff back for hard times. These folks are the "Zombies"(by the fact that they'll "feed" off of us) that I'm talking about.

Aceman
02-22-2012, 08:53
Some folks just leech off of the system and in the event of a SHTF situation where the government can't help them out anymore they'll turn to stealing from those of us who had the common sense to put stuff back for hard times. These folks are the "Zombies"(by the fact that they'll "feed" off of us) that I'm talking about.

Oh - well those people get shot. I'm confused....where's the problem? I'd shoot most of them now, just on principle. But I can wait for SHTF. :rofl:

Patience TN, patience...

I agree - there are a lot of egregious problems with how things work. Just try and be specific about which Zeds you are talking about!

*By the way - sorry to hear about the daughter. I have done work w/ Child Support entities. I have little/no tolerance as a Man and a Human for guys getting chics pregnant and then refusing to pay. A lot of these dudes are fully capable and just being selfish beyotches!

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 09:13
These are the "Zombies" I'm talking about.
Looters after Katrina:
http://blogs.reuters.com/photographers-blog/files/2010/08/RTRM4R4.jpg
http://www.georgehernandez.com/h/aaBlog/2005/media/09-09_KatrinaLooting.jpg
And the L.A.Riots.
http://freeopentube.com/uploads/thumbs/iv6rumwcv5s0e326.jpg
http://thehundreds.com/files/2009/06/sneaker-shoe-store-looted-los-angeles-lakers.jpg

Bren
02-22-2012, 09:55
These are the "Zombies" I'm talking about.
Looters after Katrina:
And the L.A.Riots.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/16/article-2038147-0D7F6C8500000578-958_468x359.jpg

As much as we appreciate the effort to be non-racist by finding a picture of white looters, the white looters, the sign advertising British lottery tickets, and the universal hoodie wear (and the fact that it's from the Daily Mail) tell me that's a picture from the London riots, not L.A.

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 10:02
As much as we appreciate the effort to be non-racist by finding a picture of white looters, the white looters, the sign advertising British lottery tickets, and the universal hoodie wear (and the fact that it's from the Daily Mail) tell me that's a picture from the London riots, not L.A.

I googled "Looters L.A. Riots" and got that pic but you're probably right, it's London, not L.A., guess I'll have to look for a different one.:supergrin:

P.S.
Ok, think I found another pic from the L.A. Riots.

quake
02-22-2012, 10:35
http://thehundreds.com/files/2009/06/sneaker-shoe-store-looted-los-angeles-lakers.jpg
Careful. The fact that there are two black guys in that picture makes it inherently racist.

The fact that there are two white guys as well, is irrelevant.

The fact that there are both black AND white non-looters is also irrelevant.

The fact that we don't know if you're black or white (or Korean or Panamanian), is irrelevant as well.

Any mention that there might be non-white scumbags in the world, even right alongside white scumbags, is racist nowadays.

You should know that by now. :whistling:

How's this for a racist comment... White looters are scumbags; and black looters are scumbags.

I don't recall what old john wayne movie back in the 70's (I think Cahill, US Marshall), where woody strode came at him with an axe. Wayne's character said something along the lines of, "Mister, there ain't a bigoted bone in my body, so if you don't drop that axe, I'll kill you just like I would a white man."

That's true equality. Treat (and actually see) people as individuals, judging their individual actions rather than by their demographics. There were black guys and white guys in my platoon that I'd want in my foxhole if things were hairy, and there were also black guys and white guys in my platoon that I wouldn't let in my home. Skin color has nothing to do with it. 'Scumbag' or 'not scumbag' has everything to do with it.

Similarly, there are white girls I wouldn't want my sons getting involved with, and there are black girls that I wouldn't mind a bit.

There are decent white/black/hispanic/asian people on govt assistance, and there are white/black/asian/hispanic scumbags on govt assistance. It's irrational to see that reality as anything other than exactly that - objective reality; and it'd be equally irrational to see (or treat) white thugs any different than non-white thugs.

To me, the term & concept of 'welfare zombie' is equally applicable to Billy Joe the black scumbag and Billy Ray the white scumbag. Because they both do exist.

That's not racism, it's acceptance of observable, measurable reality.

Paul53
02-22-2012, 13:09
Hate is not a family value, nor a Christian or American value. I don't see why this thread is allowed. If we all go out and shoot those less well off than us, Donald Trump would be the only person left in America.

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 13:22
Hate is not a family value, nor a Christian or American value. I don't see why this thread is allowed. If we all go out and shoot those less well off than us, Donald Trump would be the only person left in America.

Where have I said I wanted to "go out and shoot those less well off then us"? I'm simply saying that if/when the SHTF many of those that have been on the government dime will turn to those of us who have not as a source for their needs and it won't be "Can I please have a can of beans and some bread sir?" It'll be a gun in our face and "Give me everything you've got or I'll Kill You." and I really don't think any of us will put up with that without fighting back. I know I wouldn't.

bdcochran
02-22-2012, 13:59
T.N.Frank:

The majority of those arrested in the last riot were illegal immigrants.

When you research the riot participants, you will learn that they were not the homeless, the unemployed veterans, the mentally challenged or the physically handicapped. Many were gang members. It is not like if you took away "welfare", the gang members would study harder, take minimum wage jobs or change their ways.

You have to be young. Let me give you an insight shared by my sister who does professorial level research and doesn't shade it "right" or "left". In the old days, when a kid acted up, you sent him to the relatives down on the farm. After a summer of hard outdoor labor, going to church on Sunday and having to sit down with the relatives for meals, kids usually straightened out. Fast forward. The Crips, Bloods and M-13 are spread out in the country. They have the money from drug sales. They have the money to court the girls and take them away from church going kids. That is the reality. It isn't going to change by castigating welfare.

Incidentally, marijuana, cocaine and opium existed well before today. Historically there were many "addicts". This society (your grandparents, parents, and you ) decided to criminalize the drugs, spend money on hiring policemen (with college degrees no less) to chase those bad guys. Not surprisingly, the potential profits in the drug trade are high and attractive to people who don't have skills (or too lazy to want to gain skills).

T.N>- you live in a society wherein people no longer have to cooperate or sacrifice to survive. People aren't zombies; they go the path of least resistance in life.

Even racial sterotypes bandied about are not accurate. When you research the Watts area or certain parts of North Hollywood (where I first landed as a kid), the population is ever changing. People looking for a start move there and then move out as soon as they can.
They don't like the crime.

emt1581
02-22-2012, 17:33
Seriously....not ONE gratuitous pic of lootie?? What is wrong with you people!?!

-Emt1581

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 18:14
T.N.Frank:

The majority of those arrested in the last riot were illegal immigrants.

Yet one more reason to crack down on illegal immigration.

Many were gang members. It is not like if you took away "welfare", the gang members would study harder, take minimum wage jobs or change their ways.
But the unmarried mothers of these gang members might not have had to many children since she'd not be getting the public assistance and public housing to feed them all.

You have to be young.
Nope, 50 years old last year.

Incidentally, marijuana, cocaine and opium existed well before today. Historically there were many "addicts". This society (your grandparents, parents, and you ) decided to criminalize the drugs, spend money on hiring policemen (with college degrees no less) to chase those bad guys. Not surprisingly, the potential profits in the drug trade are high and attractive to people who don't have skills (or too lazy to want to gain skills).
As a Libertarian you can't put the "War on Drugs" off on me. I think people should be able to do whatever drugs they want. The sooner they kill themselves with drugs the sooner we can all stop worrying about them.

People aren't zombies; they go the path of least resistance in life.
Just like the way a Zombie Horde moves.

Paul53
02-22-2012, 18:29
"All of Americas current problems can be traced back to the lax immigration policies of the Native Americans." Pat Paulsen, on Rowan and Martins Laugh in, circa 1975.

G29Reload
02-22-2012, 19:15
I don't see why this thread is allowed.

I don't see why it wouldn't.

This is an SP forum, and dealing with crowd control, roving bands of troublemakers, looters or those suddenly coming to terms with their own lack of preparedness while attempting to remediate it at the expense of those of us who do is an issue we''ll have to deal with if something goes really wrong.

The fact that this country has a huge and growing underclass dependent on the government leaves a gaping problem for what happens when the handouts stop, which is also the name of a legendary thread here.

SGT HATRED
02-22-2012, 22:10
Seriously....not ONE gratuitous pic of lootie?? What is wrong with you people!?!

-Emt1581

I got your back Emt...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q37/Merlin-X/aah1fm.gif

emt1581
02-22-2012, 22:11
Ahh...that's better. :supergrin:

-Emt1581

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 22:21
I got your back Emt...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q37/Merlin-X/aah1fm.gif

They can have that swill. Ever bottle of it that I've tried tasted skunk. :cool:

lawman800
02-23-2012, 03:35

Nobody said to shoot EVERYONE who is less well off just for being less well off.

We do say that when those who will not earn their own keep come to forcefully take what is yours, then you have every right to defend yourself and your family from those people.

Please get the facts straight.

Aceman
02-23-2012, 05:31
I really wanted to join the National Guard to be given the order "Shoot All Looters"

Unfortunately, the NG is rarely used to defend the Nation, and "Fill All Sandbags" is not my idea of a good time

quake
02-23-2012, 08:07
...People aren't zombies; they go the path of least resistance in life...
It was in some old Louis L'amour book I read many years ago; one of the characters made a comment something like:
"The easiest and most natural thing to to is follow the path of least resistance. That's why you get crooked rivers and crooked men."

Kind of like the john wayne movie line above, it seems a lot of the principles I hold dear used to be actually part of the mainstream social consciousness, and accepted as self-evident. Don't see that in today's pop-culture where we have crap like "The Bachelor", "Survivor", or Lady Gaga (who's VERY talented, btw; just off-the-wall freaky). Maybe that's part of why we are where we are socially - a lot of things that are obvious to geezers aren't even considered by pups nowadays, and I guess that's our fault as geezers. We let sleeping dogs lie, and now those dogs are awake and feral.

lawman800
02-23-2012, 10:34
I really wanted to join the National Guard to be given the order "Shoot All Looters"

Unfortunately, the NG is rarely used to defend the Nation, and "Fill All Sandbags" is not my idea of a good time

My buddy in the ANG was part of the patrol sent to downtown LA during the Rodney King riots. They were given M16's and no magazines... in downtown LA. That didn't work out too well with the gangbangers actually asking them where are your bullets.

runcible68
02-24-2012, 23:22
There are some serious crackers on this site.

lawman800
02-25-2012, 01:03

Saltines or regular?

kirgi08
02-25-2012, 01:12
Dorito nacho.'08.

SGT HATRED
02-25-2012, 01:19

Crack the whip...

lawman800
02-25-2012, 01:29
Dorito nacho.'08.

That is a chip, not a cracker.

Aceman
02-25-2012, 13:11
I like cookies.

emt1581
02-25-2012, 13:19

Please clarify your statement. I wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions about your intentions.

-Emt1581

lawman800
02-25-2012, 15:04
I like cookies.

Only if they are the soft chewy type. I hate crunchy cookies.

kirgi08
02-25-2012, 15:14
That is a chip, not a cracker.

Your wrong,we have them here.There packaged just like Lance crackers.'08. :tongueout:

lawman800
02-25-2012, 15:31
We only have Dorito's packed in bags of chips.

runcible68
02-26-2012, 16:11
Well, I'm not talking about Saltines. Draw your own conclusions.

emt1581
02-26-2012, 17:44
Well, I'm not talking about Saltines. Draw your own conclusions.

So because you have no rational or intelligent argument to make you make a racist statement? You are only supporting the stereotype of people that do the same.

What is interesting is that the good folks here made light of your hate. I wonder what the reaction would have been if a derogatory comment had been made about someone of color?

Good luck with your attitude. Kind of leaves you with no where to go.

-Emt1581

runcible68
02-26-2012, 17:47
OMG, just because the words weren't used, you think that racist attitudes are not part of SOME people's thinking? And I'm the hateful one, not people posting inflammatory pictures of Katrina?

emt1581
02-26-2012, 17:49
OMG, just because the words weren't used, you think that racist attitudes are not part of SOME people's thinking? And I'm the hateful one, not people posting inflammatory pictures of Katrina?

A picture can't really lie or express an opinion...a drawing sure. But a picture of reality is just that. If you have a problem, talk about it. Don't just cry racist and then start making racial slurs.

-Emt1581

Ruble Noon
02-26-2012, 17:59

<<<< :whistling:

runcible68
02-26-2012, 18:03
And no one is going to post derogatory posts about people of color because that would be in violation of forums rules. So some people speak out of one side of their mouths to get around it. "Wink, wink. Say no more." Do all people who decry welfare abuses wear Klan robes? of course not. But there are some forum users who are bigoted. Do you mean to tell me NO ONE on this forum harbors bigoted thoughts?

Just because people don't use the actual words, it does not follow that is not what their thinking.

I have no problem with conservatism or welfare reform. I do have a problem with some of the attitudes around here. You have every right to write what you want to write, but that doesn't mean you aren't going to get a differing opinion.

Argue with me with facts. Tell me why posting pictures of Katrina isn't hateful? Why are comments like "inner city" not mean minorities. How can you defend words like "zombies are good practice for when the real thing comes?" as not code for bigotry?

runcible68
02-26-2012, 18:06
Oh please. Cracker got to you? A white man complaining against racism directed against him is like the worlds smallest violin playing.

runcible68
02-26-2012, 18:07
I find it funny that some self reliant types will pull the victim card.

runcible68
02-26-2012, 18:09
A!nd yes, pictures, when used out of context or with lack of, can be racist. Where are all the pics of white looters? Or ones where they are not only 10 percent of the looters?

emt1581
02-26-2012, 18:09
I find it funny that some self reliant types will pull the victim card.

There is no victim card. You took offense to reality and lashed out with a blatant racial slur.

-Emt1581

runcible68
02-26-2012, 18:11
There's no talking to you. So why bother?

redbrd
02-26-2012, 18:14

I agree with you that the pictures are inflammatory, you should have been there and saw it for yourself. Blame it on the people in the photos. I was there, saw people come from all over the country volunteering their time money and effort to help them, most of them were white or "crackers". Let me repeat that for you they spent their personal time money and effort to help.
How you think those pictures were racist I don't understand. Fact is the looting in New Orleans was insane. Here is a wake up call, you don't need to be white to be racist.

runcible68
02-26-2012, 18:17
http://pavanvan.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/looters-in-chile/

NeverMore1701
02-26-2012, 18:19
There's no talking to you. So why bother?

I don't know, why should you bother? I think (and I'm sure I'm not alone here) that you shouldn't. In fact, if you find this place so out of line with your personal views, maybe you should mosey on over to somewhere that doesn't offend your delicate sensibilities so.

Trust me, we'll get over the loss. Quickly.

Already did.

lawman800
02-26-2012, 18:30
A!nd yes, pictures, when used out of context or with lack of, can be racist. Where are all the pics of white looters? Or ones where they are not only 10 percent of the looters?

Why don't you post some then?:whistling:

I think pictures are just pictures. Whatever they may be. If you think inner city means minorities, then point out the opposing statistic that shows suburbs have the same problems.

If you think shooting zombies means minorities, take heed in that when the time comes, I won't give a rat's arse what color the zombie is if it is coming after me. I am an equal opportunity home and hearth defender.

Bren
02-26-2012, 18:33

Are you serious? Do you really think there should be a lot of pictures of white looters? Because somebody would have to have followed that tiny minority of white looters around for a long time to get a significant number. Even the farthest left of the press was unable to swing that one.:rofl:

Glock Talk: because Democratic Underground doesn't have a "Gun" forum. :rofl:

lawman800
02-26-2012, 18:35
Are you serious? Do you really think there should be a lot of pictures of white looters? Because somebody would have to have followed that tiny minority of white looters around for a long time to get a significant number. Even the farthest left of the press was unable to swing that one.:rofl:

Glock Talk: because Democratic Underground doesn't have a "Gun" forum. :rofl:

Now you're just being a racist.:whistling::tongueout::rofl::supergrin:

redbrd
02-26-2012, 18:36
http://pavanvan.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/looters-in-chile/

The difference in your pictures and what happened in NO is that they were taking essentials. That is not what was happening in NO. It doesn't support your point. Which I think was bad behavior has no correlation to skin color, which I agree with.
I think the overwhelming opinion of this thread has been that freeloaders have developed a sense of entitlement and that the rest of society owes them something. If they don't continue to receive it they are likely to behave poorly and try to take it.

NeverMore1701
02-26-2012, 18:40
The difference in your pictures and what happened in NO is that they were taking essentials. That is not what was happening in NO. It doesn't support your point. Which I think was bad behavior has no correlation to skin color, which I agree with.
I think the overwhelming opinion of this thread has been that freeloaders have developed a sense of entitlement and that the rest of society owes them something. If they don't continue to receive it they are likely to behave poorly and try to take it.

I think you've got a good handle on it.

I'm more than willing to administer any aid in the following denominations: 5.56mm, 9mm, .45ACP, 12ga, and 260rem. if the circumstances dictate.

runcible68
02-26-2012, 18:46
Nah, I won't "mosey" away. Sorry.

And just because the threads are "overwhelming" against my opinions, does not make them wrong. Just swimming against the tide, I am.

Night all.