Got a Ruger sr 22 pistol [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got a Ruger sr 22 pistol

OctoberRust
02-17-2012, 08:12
Well, sort of. My girlfriend put toward a lot of money for it, since she finds any larger caliber uncomfortable to shoot at the range. Anyhow it looks like a fun/cheap little plinker, I'll have to take pics later of it, and a range report. I shot one my granddad bought a few weeks back and it was a charm! no malfunctions on his with 36 gr blazer and other cheapy stuff. Hopefully I'll get the same luck out of mine. I already bought 40 grain winchester in bulk, so hopefully there will be no issue with this.

Anyone else have this pistol yet?

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Ruger_SR_22.jpg

bac1023
02-17-2012, 08:46
Congrats! :cool:

I just handled one the other day for the first time.

M2 Carbine
02-17-2012, 09:08
I bought one yesterday at Cheaper Than Dirt ($299).

I shot one a couple weeks ago. The gun gave some problems with a couple cheap loads.

When I got home yesterday I put the larger grip on the gun.

I shoot a LOT of the cheap ($16) Federal Wal Mart ammo in my 22's.
I also have a lot of Wal Mart Remington bulk pack stocked up, that gives problems in some 22's.
I thought I'd try try the Remington first. It surprised me by working fine in the Ruger.
I only had time to shoot about 50 rounds (more today) but the gun functioned 100%.

First impression is I like the gun, everything but the disconnecter. I HATE magazine disconnectors.

Because of the size, weight and ease of operation IMO the gun woud make a great lady's gun.

I think Ruger has another winner. Bill Ruger is probably turning over in his grave.:supergrin:

OctoberRust
02-17-2012, 09:18
I bought one yesterday at Cheaper Than Dirt ($299).

I shot one a couple weeks ago. The gun gave some problems with a couple cheap loads.

When I got home yesterday I put the larger grip on the gun.

I shoot a LOT of the cheap ($16) Federal Wal Mart ammo in my 22's.
I also have a lot of Wal Mart Remington bulk pack stocked up, that gives problems in some 22's.
I thought I'd try try the Remington first. It surprised me by working fine in the Ruger.
I only had time to shoot about 50 rounds (more today) but the gun functioned 100%.

First impression is I like the gun, everything but the disconnecter. I HATE magazine disconnectors.

Because of the size, weight and ease of operation IMO the gun woud make a great lady's gun.

I think Ruger has another winner. Bill Ruger is probably turning over in his grave.:supergrin:

Glad to hear the report! I'm assuming I shouldn't see an issue with these 40 grain rounds going 1250 fps in cycling the gun.

M2 Carbine
02-17-2012, 09:41
Glad to hear the report! I'm assuming I shouldn't see an issue with these 40 grain rounds going 1250 fps in cycling the gun.
We were shooting the gun at the local gun store. I don't remember what ammo the gun owned had. As I recall the store owner tried Blazer which worked fine.

It seems most 22 pistols like some ammo and don't like others.

Given a chance today I'll try some of the different loads I have on hand. Bon't think I have any Blazer though.

I also checked the price of spare magazines at CTD, $33.
I've bought several Rugers lately. Like a lot of other brand guns the magazine cost is high, $30-$45.

Personally I like adjustable sights and the Ruger has good sights.

M2 Carbine
02-17-2012, 19:59
Shot about a hundred rounds today.
Aguila HV and 60 grain .22 SSS. The SSS keyholed.
Shot Wal Mart Bulk pack Remington, Federal and Winchester.
Shot some Aguila HV and Remington hyper velocity.
Also some other brands.

Three times with different brands the slide failed to pick up the second round in the magazine.

Could be weak loads or a problem with the magazine. I'll have to see if there is a pattern.

I like this gun the more I shoot it.:)

racer88
02-17-2012, 21:00
Just posted a thread about the SR22 today: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1401130