DTC "Ballroom" jeans - perfect for CCW [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DTC "Ballroom" jeans - perfect for CCW

racer88
02-17-2012, 07:42
To go along with my other thread about losing 10lbs to make CCW easier and more comfortable...

I first learned about Duluth Trading Company right here on GlockTalk when someone recommended their "long tail" t-shirts for CCW. I ordered some and was very impressed with the quality of their products. Now, I will ONLY wear DTC long tail t-shirts (http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-shirts/mens-t-shirts/95587.aspx?feature=P10244-C83936-L2). They are a perfect length for either IWB or OWB carry. They are also made with a fairly heavy fabric that resists printing.

The next product I bought was DTC's "bare naked" underwear (http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-underwear/76015.aspx). Let's just say they are very comfortable and lightweight. They're more expensive than your standard Fruit-of-the-looms. But, I promise you'll like them! It's almost like going "commando!" :whistling:

Finally... the product in my subject line. DTC "Ballroom" jeans (http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/mens-denim-jeans/86069.aspx). One thing I like about DTC is the humorous, yet accurate, names they give their products. Ballroom jeans are exactly what you're thinking... extra room for your "boys." You can crouch down, bend over, do your best Chuck Norris impression... and your "boys" will not be punished as they would in typical jeans.

Another benefit of Ballroom jeans is that they are PERFECT for CCW. Naturally, you'll get the appropriate waist size for IWB, if that's your preference. But, the looseness of the fit of Ballroom jeans makes it even more comfortable for IWB. Furthermore, the pockets are AMPLE and the loose fit allows for the carry of all kinds of "extras."

In my weakside front pocket, I carry a G27 magazine in a Desantis Magpacker holster along with a 2-oz Fox Labs Fliptop pepper spray. And, they fit in the pocket VERY easily and comfortably.

You'll also find that Ballroom jeans are made to last. They are very robustly constructed. The price is quite fair, too.

I have no financial interest in my recommendations. Just a happy customer. Click the links above for each product.

G19aps
02-17-2012, 07:49
Thanks for the heads up on the ballroom jeans. Do you think someone with a 36 size jeans could pocket carry a G26 in them (I don't want to ask you your size...)?

pipedreams
02-17-2012, 07:59
Thanks for the heads up on these Duluth Trading Company jeans. I bought a pair of fleece lined LL Bean relaxed fit jeans for winter wear and they work great for IWB carry.

racer88
02-17-2012, 08:00
Thanks for the heads up on the ballroom jeans. Do you think someone with a 36 size jeans could pocket carry a G26 in them (I don't want to ask you your size...)?

I can answer that with a YES. Now... will it print a bit? Yes. I don't think anyone else will notice. But, the G27 in a pocket holster (Remora) fits EASILY.

Kodiak Ken
02-17-2012, 09:15
Thanks for the info. I've been wearing the long tails for a couple of years and they work just like you say. Everything I have ever bought from Duluth has been top quality and the couple of times I returned an item they were great about it.

Under the long tail tee shirt I wear one of their "buck naked" tank tee shirts. I carry IWB and with this one tunked in and the long tee untucked so it covers the gun it feels as comfortable as possible.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/duluth-ingenuity/mens-buck-naked-underwear/83010.aspx

Duluths' 'buck naked' underwear is not cheap (none of their stuff is cheap) but if you want to take good care of the 'boys' I highly recommend this stuff.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/duluth-ingenuity/mens-buck-naked-underwear/mens-buck-naked-underwear.aspx

G19aps
02-17-2012, 11:34
Awesome, thanks racer88. I don't care so much about printing it's just for the odd occasion that I might need to switch to pocket carry when I'm out of the house. Which is the beauty of the 26/27/33 platform I think.

racer88
02-17-2012, 11:38
Awesome, thanks racer88. I don't care so much about printing it's just for the odd occasion that I might need to switch to pocket carry when I'm out of the house. Which is the beauty of the 26/27/33 platform I think.

Yep... I pocket carry my G27 around the house. :wavey:

Phantom465
02-17-2012, 13:48
Thanks for the review, racer88. I've got a question for you.

Depending on the cut of the pants, I wear either a 30 or 32 length. How is the length on those jeans? Does the length feel a little long, a little short, or just right?

racer88
02-17-2012, 18:04
Thanks for the review, racer88. I've got a question for you.

Depending on the cut of the pants, I wear either a 30 or 32 length. How is the length on those jeans? Does the length feel a little long, a little short, or just right?

I wear a 30 length, typically. And, either I'm shrinking, or they run a bit long. Hope that helps! :)

kgjl
02-19-2012, 00:40
Their website says the pockets are 12" deep. If you pocket carry you will be in elbow deep!

racer88
02-19-2012, 05:46
Their webside says the pockets are 12" deep. If you pocket carry you will be in elbow deep!

Wearing them right now... they're deep, but I don't think it's quite 12". Personally, I think the pockets are PERFECT. And, they're LOOSE. My spare mag and Fox Labs 2-oz pepper spray fit easily in the left pocket.

steveksux
02-19-2012, 10:10
I always recommend staying at the hotel with the biggest ballroom, if you know what I mean....

Randy