Springfield EMP and disconnector hole? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield EMP and disconnector hole?

Gary1911A1
02-17-2012, 10:54
I have read the EMP was especially modified to work with shorter rounds like the 45GAP (anyone ever seen one), the 9MM and .40. For those of you who own an EMP, when you lock your slide back, can you see the disconnector hole in the frame through the ejection port? I'm just wondering if the EMP has as much slide travel as a full size 1911.

Quack
02-17-2012, 17:00
the 45gap never made it to market. It was originally the Defender, but was dropped, then it gave birth to the EMP

Gary1911A1
02-18-2012, 05:25
Thanks Quack. I didn't remember seeing any although I remember reading it was being developed for the GAP. Maybe Springfield had second thoughts about doing anything that would endorse a round developed by one of their competitors although I do remember the XD was offered in the GAP for a short period before the XD in 45ACP was developed.

If you have an EMP does the slide travel back far enough to show where the disconnector hole is in the frame? I'm thinking of getting one for the Summer in 9MM as I'm not a big fan of the 40's snappy recoil, but I want something reliable.

CKtCATM
02-18-2012, 10:58
If you have an EMP does the slide travel back far enough to show where the disconnector hole is in the frame? I'm thinking of getting one for the Summer in 9MM as I'm not a big fan of the 40's snappy recoil, but I want something reliable.

I guess I just can't figure out what you're asking. . .

I have some random pics of mine here if that'll help:

http://photobucket.com/CustomEMP