Playing cop leads to firearm arrest in Milford [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Playing cop leads to firearm arrest in Milford

TBO
02-18-2012, 11:43
Playing cop leads to firearm arrest in Milford

http://www.wickedlocal.com/milford/news/x306963106/Playing-cop-leads-to-firearm-arrest-in-Milford

Glockdude1
02-18-2012, 11:56
Barricade-penetrating projectiles?

:dunno:

RussP
02-18-2012, 12:03
Let's see...

Proschitsky had his license to carry a gun revoked in 2010.

Then, in 2010, Proschitsky was charged with drunken driving.

He has claimed to officers that he is a consultant with the CIA

When asked why he had the blue lights in the Jeeps grill, the police radio, a bulletproof vest and barricade-penetrating projectiles, he said, according to the investigating detective, "if he told me, it would affect the security of the country.

That boy has some problems...

voomie
02-18-2012, 12:38
Did he also have one of those conceal carry badges?

mrsurfboard
02-18-2012, 12:52
Nut job alert!!

NEOH212
02-18-2012, 12:58
Whackers. :upeyes:

NEOH212
02-18-2012, 12:59
Did he also have one of those conceal carry badges?

Or my personal favorite.....

The Concealed carry sash. Oh how stylish.

:rofl::rofl:

steveksux
02-18-2012, 17:12
I was thinking that was Milford Michigan when I saw the headline....

Isn't there a secret handshake he can show to verify his CIA bonafides?

Randy

JBnTX
02-18-2012, 17:43
Somebody will lose their job over this.

Once Proschitsky (if that's his real name) reports this unlawful detainment to his CIA bosses,
heads will roll in that rinky dink local police department.

You don't mess with the CIA.

poodleplumber
02-18-2012, 18:57
I once sat through dinner with a guy whose stories had him employed as a combat medic, a special ops assassin, a military intelligence officer, plus stints with the CIA, FBI, FDA, and VA. There are some people among us with a slippery grasp of reality.

Angry Fist
02-18-2012, 19:01
Or my personal favorite.....

The Concealed carry sash. Oh how stylish.

:rofl::rofl:
I'm sexy in mine!

Jason D
02-18-2012, 19:05
The guy is a tool and got what was coming.

...but...

What would happen to someone else in that situation, that had the very same stuff but really was with the CIA?

Glockdude1
02-18-2012, 19:18
I once sat through dinner with a guy whose stories had him employed as a combat medic, a special ops assassin, a military intelligence officer, plus stints with the CIA, FBI, FDA, and VA. There are some people among us with a slippery grasp of reality.

A guy I work with, has "done" the same things as that guy you were at dinner with. He has the classic "one up syndrome." No matter what you have done, he has done it, only better.

Only problem, he has no proof, no pics, and no one knows about it.......

:rofl:

DannyII
02-18-2012, 19:41
We had a guy like that at my old job - we called him "Topper".

Bruce M
02-18-2012, 21:13
...but...

What would happen to someone else in that situation, that had the very same stuff but really was with the CIA?

Probably the same thing that would happen to someone from the FBI or Connecticut State Police or another agency... nothing. But it might include a vehicle that was owned by the agency and a non-retired radio. The open container may change things a bit though.

Mister_Beefy
02-18-2012, 21:23
hopefully he can get the help he needs. :shocked:

JuneyBooney
02-19-2012, 00:06
Playing cop leads to firearm arrest in Milford

http://www.wickedlocal.com/milford/news/x306963106/Playing-cop-leads-to-firearm-arrest-in-Milford

Playing cop was not the problem. It was playing "drunk" that was the problem. :whistling:

PattonT
02-19-2012, 00:15
http://www1.whdh.com/images/news_articles/320x180/100408_milford_man.jpg
Well, He may have been in the Army. He still wears his Birth Control Glasses.

JuneyBooney
02-19-2012, 02:49
Let's see...

Proschitsky had his license to carry a gun revoked in 2010.

Then, in 2010, Proschitsky was charged with drunken driving.

He has claimed to officers that he is a consultant with the CIA

When asked why he had the blue lights in the Jeeps grill, the police radio, a bulletproof vest and barricade-penetrating projectiles, he said, according to the investigating detective, "if he told me, it would affect the security of the country.

That boy has some problems...

I agree.

Patchman
02-19-2012, 04:17
OK, so Yefim B. Proschitsky, 35, was arrested Friday night after police stopped the car he was driving. Proschitsky failed a sobriety test and had two bottles in the car.

The police also found the police equipment. Proschitsky would not explain why he had these items, and instead told the police that telling the police would affect the security of the country. He claimed to be a consultant with the CIA.

The two bottles in the car... Vodka?

A consultant to the CIA? Would that be the Culinary Institute of America?

Lowjiber
02-19-2012, 08:10
I went to high school with a guy who, the year after graduation, was arrested by the Missouri HWP. He had bought a new car that was the same make as the HWP; installed the under-the-grill lights and exterior spot light (yes, they were legal for civilians in 1964). He got a Smokey Bear hat and was pulling over motorists on US Rt 66.

He was demanding license, registrations, etc. before "searching" their cars. He made a huge mistake one night when he pulled an off-duty HWPman and started his crap.

What a nut case!

steveksux
02-19-2012, 09:03
OK, so Yefim B. Proschitsky, 35, was arrested Friday night after police stopped the car he was driving. Proschitsky failed a sobriety test and had two bottles in the car.

The police also found the police equipment. Proschitsky would not explain why he had these items, and instead told the police that telling the police would affect the security of the country. He claimed to be a consultant with the CIA.

The two bottles in the car... Vodka?

A consultant to the CIA? Would that be the Culinary Institute of America?Vodka, eh? Russian defector on CIA payroll? Of course, the CIA will disavow all knowlege.... :whistling:

Dasvidaniya, Tovarich...
Randy

JohnHoliday
02-19-2012, 10:17
The guy is a tool and got what was coming.

...but...

First off, CIA isn't law enforcement, so they wouldn't have the lights and all the equipment, a gun would be about it, and maybe a small transmitter, no police radio.

Here is what would happen though:

About 10 minutes after being pulled over and his name ran into NCIC/NLETS about 10 people would show up with CIA credentials, put the guy in the back of their car, and you would never hear about him again. True story.

Warp
02-19-2012, 12:25
How did playing cop lead to the arrest?

Wasn't it the driving drunk that really lead to the arrest?

Was he even carrying a gun? Was there a gun in the car? I don't see any mention of him being armed in the article...?

RussP
02-19-2012, 13:12
How did playing cop lead to the arrest?

Wasn't it the driving drunk that really lead to the arrest?

Was he even carrying a gun? Was there a gun in the car? I don't see any mention of him being armed in the article...?Reread the article.

Then contact the author, Brian Benson, if you still have complaints. He can be reached at 508-634-7582 or bbenson@wickedlocal.com. His headline, his article...

Warp
02-19-2012, 13:15
Reread the article.

Then contact the author, Brian Benson, if you still have complaints. He can be reached at 508-634-7582 or bbenson@wickedlocal.com. His headline, his article...

Then I guess I'll just ask the real question:

How is this a carry issue?

I have read the article and the thread, but I just don't see it. Seems pretty off topic, I must be missing something.

RussP
02-19-2012, 13:24

I have read the article and the thread, but I just don't see it. Seems pretty off topic, I must be missing something.Yes, you obviously are missing the point.

It is the fact that people who apply for and receive a carry permit do stupid things and have that carry permit revoked.LESSON: Don't do stupid things.

It is a fact that some people continue their stupidity after their carry permit is revoked, showing the wisdom of revoking their carry permit.LESSON: Do not do stupid things affirming that stupidity.

Warp
02-19-2012, 13:31
Yes, you obviously are missing the point.

It is the fact that people who apply for and receive a carry permit do stupid things and have that carry permit revoked.LESSON: Don't do stupid things.

It is a fact that some people continue their stupidity after their carry permit is revoked, showing the wisdom of revoking their carry permit.LESSON: Do not do stupid things affirming that stupidity.

What stupid things did he do to get the permit revoked? That is what I am interested in. I don't see "Don't drive drunk" as a very relevant lesson to carry issues. *Edit* Actually, would driving drunk even affect one's permit status??

ScottieG59
02-19-2012, 13:35
Maybe this is a Mission Impossible guy and the Secretary has disavowed all knowledge.

RussP
02-19-2012, 14:42
What stupid things did he do to get the permit revoked? That is what I am interested in. I don't see "Don't drive drunk" as a very relevant lesson to carry issues. *Edit* Actually, would driving drunk even affect one's permit status??Yes, search his name and the 2010 incident.

Warp
02-19-2012, 14:59
Yes, search his name and the 2010 incident.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/milford/highlight/x1173965620/Milford-Police-Man-had-guns-while-driving-drunk#axzz1mqyem9A8

Yeah, it looks like he drove drunk while carrying (while being licensed to carry) and lost his carry license as a result.

Guess he didn't learn his lesson the first time.

Patchman
02-19-2012, 15:02
Yes, search his name and the 2010 incident.

I remember a past GT thread 2 or 3 years ago where some guy person claimed he was the Assistant Director (or something) of the CIA. IIRC, even had a letter or alleged document from the CIA stating he was CIA.

I just assumed the CIA also had their share of wannabes.

TBO
02-19-2012, 20:14

I have read the article and the thread, but I just don't see it. Seems pretty off topic, I must be missing something.
Warp,

If you were really serious in asking an actual question, you could have asked me (the Original Poster).

This could be done a couple of ways, by Private Message (I'd most likely get it much quicker, instead stumbling upon this by coming back to the thread), or by you composing your post something like:

"TBO,

I was wondering why you posted this in Carry Issues, as in how you feel it applies to the topic of this forum (Carry Issues)? "

If you have an issue either with the post, the article or myself, you can report either to the Mod(s).
--------------------

For anyone honestly wondering what TBO was thinking, here it is.

Over the years we've heard stories, sometimes a news article (lacking just about ANY true detail) about a person having their Carry Permit taken away/suspended/etc.
Often times that led to lively discussion covering such ground as "what type of conduct did they do, could they do to result in this", to "he/she should get their permit back immediately!".

The subject of this article Mr. Proschitsky, had a carry permit, and had it taken away. This second news making act of his shows there may be a pattern of conduct by him, perhaps greater than the 2 news articles on him. If so, the powers that revoked his permit may have had even more information on which they based their decision/action.

My state is a good example of this. In MN Permits are "Private Data". You'll almost never hear a blurb about a Permit holder status when they are arrested or charged with a crime, much less when they have their permit revoked.

The ONLY time I've heard about a Permit revocation in the news was up in PJMN's area. The ONLY reason it was in the paper..... was the guy who was the subject of the permit revocation went to the news paper to complain to the news paper that the Sheriff revoked his permit and would not give it back to him, and was violating the law.

For a pleasant change, the media actually looked into the complaint instead of just posting the guys story. Sadly for him, the reporter did the obvious thing and filed an information request on the guy's police records. It was an amazing string of LE interactions, confrontations with others, and disorderly behaviors set in motion by himself. Same for the "spicy" correspondence he sent to the Sheriff.

I saw this article, and the subject of it, as one example of where we get to see more than just the line, "They took my permit away".

Sincerely,

TBO

Warp
02-19-2012, 21:35
Thank you for the point by point reply, TBO.

I did not specifically direct the question at you alone as I figured others, such as Russ, would not only be able to provide a response but also willing to do so.

If you don't mind my suggesting, you may want to consider at least one sentence of your own to go with the post that at least begins to explain why you are posting it, rather than nothing more than the article title and a link.

I might have said something as simple as "It looks like the decision to revoke his permit after the April 2010 incident was a good one".

RussP
02-19-2012, 22:42
Issues previously discussed in Carry Issues illustrated by this incident:
People are issued carry permits based on their background and history as of a specific moment in time.

People with carry permits do have changes in their lives that influence their actions.

People issued carry permits do commit crimes after receiving their carry permits, therefore

Possession of a carry permit does not guarantee that person is an automatic good-guy.

And what TBO said, too.

TBO
02-20-2012, 10:23
Thank you for the point by point reply, TBO.

I did not specifically direct the question at you alone as I figured others, such as Russ, would not only be able to provide a response but also willing to do so.

If you don't mind my suggesting, you may want to consider at least one sentence of your own to go with the post that at least begins to explain why you are posting it, rather than nothing more than the article title and a link.

I might have said something as simple as "It looks like the decision to revoke his permit after the April 2010 incident was a good one".I've been on the Internet long enough to know that whatever a person posts, someone somewhere may have/make an issue of it.

In my posting history/experience, sometimes posting my short thoughts after an article can lead to it going off track quickly. Suddenly it's more about my 1 or 2 sentences than the content of the article (just look how an ENTIRE article can be ignored so a poster can take issue with the use of the word "automatic", or "erupted", or "assault rifle", etc etc etc).

Look at how much turmoil a headline can cause. I use to modify headlines, either for sarcastic humor, or to try to "sanitize them" so someone wouldn't take/make the entire issue the headline.

Now on serious topics I just post the article's headline (to avoid any "blame").

One thing I quickly discovered by not commenting is there can be a positive gain from it.

If I paint with my comments, that may be the only area of thought that gets discussed. People often "follow the leader" of a post.

When there is no "template of thought", people may feel more likely to post their thoughts, from "their" perspective/experience/world view. This can lead to a fuller picture of what others see, or how they view things.

I've learned a number of things, ways of thinking from just such responses.

JMHO

Warp
02-20-2012, 10:32
Interesting theory. I can see that.

It's too bad we cant copy/paste article text now though, I think a lot of people bypass even skimming articles because of that