Have a temper, have a gun, but don't have both [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Have a temper, have a gun, but don't have both

TBO
02-18-2012, 11:48
http://www.rgj.com/article/20120216/NEWS01/302160043/1002

RussP
02-18-2012, 12:09
Wow, do you think the trauma of the previous shooting there influenced him?

Misty02
02-18-2012, 12:12
This supports the opinion I developed once I started carrying, what I say can be just as dangerous as what I do. I doubt this man was joking, but he obviously wasn’t serious about it either. You go around threatening people (whether you mean it or not) and bad things can and likely will happen. More so if said while the person is upset.

Many years ago, with a smile and joking, it was not unusual for me to tell someone “I am soooo going to kill you for that!” It was a joke, I knew it and the other person knew it (but I never thought about others around). Once I started carrying, those kinds of expressions disappeared. They were wrong to start with, but would be even worse if I were to say them now.

CitizenOfDreams
02-18-2012, 12:40
What good is temper if you don't have a gun to follow through on your threats? :dunno:

Patchman
02-18-2012, 15:33
And nobody's going to take your death threats seriously unless they believe you're capable of following up on it.

Motive (check).
Opportunity (check).
Ability (check).

Without 'Ability', you're just the local loud mouth. :)

Patchman
02-18-2012, 15:39
This supports the opinion I developed once I started carrying, what I say can be just as dangerous as what I do. I doubt this man was joking, but he obviously wasn’t serious about it either. You go around threatening people (whether you mean it or not) and bad things can and likely will happen. More so if said while the person is upset.

Many years ago, with a smile and joking, it was not unusual for me to tell someone “I am soooo going to kill you for that!” It was a joke, I knew it and the other person knew it (but I never thought about others around). Once I started carrying, those kinds of expressions disappeared. They were wrong to start with, but would be even worse if I were to say them now.

So basically you're saying, if you're carrying, you have to always act like an adult?

Don't start being the wet blanket. :supergrin:

Misty02
02-18-2012, 15:48
So basically you're saying, if you're carrying, you have to always act like an adult?

Don't start being the wet blanket. :supergrin:

Not, it is much worse…. It applies if you’re not carrying too.

:couch: