Can you spare $1 for a great cause? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can you spare $1 for a great cause?

eb31
02-19-2012, 10:02
There is a local family in desperate need of a running vehicle.

They are hardworking Christian family with two small children.

They simply need a running vehicle that is safe for the children. The vehicle will allow them to get to and from work, drive the children to school and to get to and from church.

This is an awesome opportunity to help bless this family with something they truly NEED. This is not a desire or an item of luxary, they truly need a vehicle....something used, but safe and that with good care could last them a few years.

I am asking that a donation of $1 be made. Donate what your heart tells you, but I humbly ask that everyone donate a meager $1.

If a community of 1000 people come together and donate $1 each? This loving, hardworking Christian family could afford a decent used car that would make such a difference in their lives.

The mom and dad both work and are currently paying for rides to and from work so that they don't lose their jobs. This is draining them financially each paycheck.

I've never seen such faithful folks try so hard through the toughest of situations.

CAN YOU SPARE $1 TO HELP?

There is a PayPal account set up in their name to accept donations. Once a used car is purchased I will close the account and make a new post here showing the used car that was donated to them.

Please, only donate $1.

I am doing this as a TRUE donation event and a blessing. I am not asking that anyone send more than $1.00

God bless and thank you to all who donate and participate in helping this family.

Copy/paste this to make an donation:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=eb3131@gmail.com&lc=US&item_name=Car for needy family w/ small children&currency_code=USD&bn=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

illrooster132
02-19-2012, 17:19
how is this funy.:dunno:

Haldor
02-19-2012, 19:47
That he thinks this is going to work on GT. :rofl:

eb31
02-20-2012, 20:20
While either of you may think badly about this, it is actually for a good cause.

So far we have raised $112.00 through my posts. My wife and I agreed to match anything up to $500, but we are just going to donate $500 anyway.

So the couple from our church are $612. closer to a better vehicle. It's better than where they were tqo days ago when I thought of doing this for them.

I will let this run until this coming Saturday night, and present them with whatever is donated on Sunday at church. Well, Pastor Derek will. We don't want any recognition in this.

I understand there are skeptics. That's ok, it's bound to happen. All I ask is that if you choose not to donate, please just say a prayer for this family. They have had it rough recently and are great folks.

That's all...just a prayer. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless.

Eurodriver
02-21-2012, 04:56
Who are they voting for in 2012?

eracer
02-21-2012, 04:59
Need pics of family.

TBO
02-22-2012, 16:39
If someone has been proven untruthful in the past...

jtull7
02-22-2012, 16:54
I wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole. Smells of fraud to me.