Refused to be a total victim [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Refused to be a total victim

Customtle
02-19-2012, 13:57
Not really a carry issue here but, This Guy REFUSED to be a sheeple victim. Seems like my hometown is going down the S***er more and more every day this used to be one of those places where people rarely locked their doors outside of the city

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/feb/19/one-dead-after-robbery-crash-vanderburgh-county/

Henning
02-21-2012, 11:55
Its funny that the sheriff uses the term 'vigilantism' referring to the victim. F that. Its not vigilantism to go after *******s who just robbed you. Especially in rural communities, cops have a terrible response time and theres no way im letting some guys rob me and just walk away! I carry at my house for this very reason. I dont live in a rural area but I grew up in one and my mom still lives there. My wife makes fun of me for carrying at home but if this man was carrying at home maybe these guys would not have robbed him. I also carry at my inlaws house. My mother in law was so surprised when I took off my outer shirt and showed my gun. My in laws own pawn shops and my father in law is a gun guy. Has guns hidden in various places at the house and carries at work. He takes his gun off when he gets home though. I think of the scenario where someone finds out where he lives and takes him from the house and make him open the store. They have tons of guns and jewelry. They have been robbed at the store before and recently a shop down the street was robbed by 4 people and the owner was killed. He shot back and killed two of them. The owner carried a Glock .40.

Bottom line:People need to open their eyes to reality and prepare for the worst because it just may happen. Ignorance is not bliss when you are dead or injured.

jastroud
02-21-2012, 14:27
I also like how he threw in the fact that one of the perps got a little boo-boo form the wuddle biddy police puppy.

Could the writer of this article feel any more sorry for that scum?

Gimp
02-21-2012, 17:00
To each his own, I guess.

I carry, yes. I will not be peaceably robbed, no...but I will not engage in a vehicular pursuit. That's what cell phones are for! Let the cops take the risk of causing accidents on the road, involving those who had no part in the event. They can afford better insurance than I can.

Bruce M
02-21-2012, 17:20
I wonder if Mr. Beumer has or is going to need a lawyer? If so I wonder how much will that cost?