Anyone Use a SmartCarry CC holster to the side? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use a SmartCarry CC holster to the side?

robhic
02-20-2012, 11:16
Just looking for thoughts / opinions and maybe some experience. I use a SmartCarry deep CC holster (http://www.smartcarry.com/products.html) for physical reasons and wardrobe reasons due to the physical restrictions (all elastic waistband pants).

It is normally worn around the front but having the weapon pointed at my"privates" is a little unnerving. I have used it the way it is designed and have gotten reasonably comfortable with it but that nagging thought (brought on by comments by friends like "you're gonna shoot your **** off like that!") have taken their toll. So I decided to try something.

I moved my normal frontal carry position about 90 degrees to the right. I don't wear the holster completely concealed under the waistband of my pants but with the grip partially concealed / partially open. It's not as deep a concealment but it should be OK. And the downward direction not pointing at my junk is a good thing. :supergrin:

Has anyone tried this? I am wearing it like this as I type and occasionally draw the (empty) weapon to see how easy /fast it can be. So far, fairly easy to do but I still have to deal with a T-shirt to clear the gun. It's more accessible sticking up a bit but more out of the way than I got used to with it up front.

Thoughts or experience? Thanks!

Ribbler
02-20-2012, 12:42
Just looking for thoughts / opinions and maybe some experience. I use a SmartCarry deep CC holster (http://www.smartcarry.com/products.html) for physical reasons and wardrobe reasons due to the physical restrictions (all elastic waistband pants).

It is normally worn around the front but having the weapon pointed at my"privates" is a little unnerving. I have used it the way it is designed and have gotten reasonably comfortable with it but that nagging thought (brought on by comments by friends like "you're gonna shoot your **** off like that!") have taken their toll. So I decided to try something.

I moved my normal frontal carry position about 90 degrees to the right. I don't wear the holster completely concealed under the waistband of my pants but with the grip partially concealed / partially open. It's not as deep a concealment but it should be OK. And the downward direction not pointing at my junk is a good thing. :supergrin:

Has anyone tried this? I am wearing it like this as I type and occasionally draw the (empty) weapon to see how easy /fast it can be. So far, fairly easy to do but I still have to deal with a T-shirt to clear the gun. It's more accessible sticking up a bit but more out of the way than I got used to with it up front.

Thoughts or experience? Thanks!

I carry this way when I go to the gym. It works very well for me - easily concealed and very secure.

4runner freak
02-20-2012, 15:43
When I wear it at 3:30, I can drop it below belt line when necessary.
I think it is the best way to carry with the SC.
It works deep 12 as well, but less then comfortable!

ZO6Vettever
02-20-2012, 17:09
Just looking for thoughts / opinions and maybe some experience. I use a SmartCarry deep CC holster for physical reasons and wardrobe reasons due to the physical restrictions (all elastic waistband pants).

I wear elastic because I'm a fat old SOB and they're comfy. I have been using a Kholster and for about the last 6 weeks a Remora. I put the Kholster or Remora inside my tighty whities as well to get the benifit from the extra elastic and snug up the drawstring on the elastic waist a bit. I carry a G30 and even with 13+1 it stays put. I have put a belt on even without belt loops and it makes you feel more secure but it really does stay put without it. I haven't heard of anyone shooting their **** off with a smart carry but I can understand your concern. I carry the Remora appendix and it's pointed towards my junk but I give it no thought as the trigger is well protected.

robhic
02-20-2012, 18:15
Thanks, folks! That's what I was alookin' for. After using the Smart Carry deep down front, I think I like the 3 o'clock position better (and less worrisome...). Again for thoughts, what do you think about this:

http://concealed-carry-purse.tactipac.com/2011/09/15/fusionpac/

I like the concept and the product. I don't like the cost. It's about $100 with an extra mag pocket. I like the look of this product and I could carry both my G-26 AND my G-19 (I think). I'm waiting for an answer to my question if it is (as is said in the video but not in the price list) "Glock-Universal". Could be interesting for less cost.... :whistling:

RYT 2BER
02-20-2012, 19:54
When I wear it at 3:30, I can drop it below belt line when necessary.
I think it is the best way to carry with the SC.
It works deep 12 as well, but less then comfortable!

For what its worth, I agree with this! :cool:

sappy13
02-20-2012, 21:31
i used to wear my smart carry at the 330-4 oclock position. I found it much more concealable and comfortable. If you like that, look into a bellyband. I went to a galco bellyband and havent looked back. much more comfortable to me and can be worn in more positions.

robhic
02-21-2012, 11:28
i used to wear my smart carry at the 330-4 oclock position. I found it much more concealable and comfortable. If you like that, look into a bellyband. I went to a galco bellyband and havent looked back. much more comfortable to me and can be worn in more positions.

I may look into a belly band. But I also want to explore the "Remora" as Z06 writes, above. Inside your drawers AND elastic waistband seems a novel and good idea. I plan to try it.

Thanks for all the input. :embarassed:

Boot Stomper
02-21-2012, 16:28
Does anyone here have experience with this Fusionpac??

http://concealed-carry-purse.tactipac.com/2011/09/15/fusionpac/

JeffS
02-21-2012, 18:02
I use the SmartCarry and have used the Fusionpac. At work I have to tuck and the 7-8:00 is the most comfortable for me (lefty) with the SmartCarry. Very concealable and comfortable. When not at work I use the SmartCarry or the Dale Fricke Archangel both for AIWB. I have the Fusionpac also. It is good, but the SmartCarry is more concealable and comfortable when behind the hip compared to the Fusionpac. Also found my pants slipping down a bit under the Fusionpac periodically. Fusionpac wins though if one handed reholstering is important to you.

TJS
02-23-2012, 16:29
I bought a Fusion Pak and sent it back. The grip (with the mag loaded and in the gun) was top heavy and tended to lean out. Did not like so got my money back. YMMV