Manís gun goes off in Walmart bathroom stall [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Manís gun goes off in Walmart bathroom stall

TBO
02-20-2012, 19:26
http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-news/2012/02/20/mesa-police-mans-gun-goes-off-in-walmart-bathroom-stall/
----------

Holster/Carry issue, or handing his gun issue :dunno:

cowboy1964
02-20-2012, 19:30
Are revolvers generally not drop safe? Never thought about it. Another reason for a shrouded hammer.

SolidGun
02-20-2012, 19:32
The gun doesn't come out of the holster, unless it's time to be used.

Cheap people buy cheap holsters with no retention.

Also, it states, "Western style revolver" so he probably had a holster to fit that style designed for quick draw.

Probably had a live round in the chamber on an old single action design.

DaneA
02-20-2012, 19:38
...and then the man standing at the urinal moved to a stall while a walmart associate retrieved him a new pair of underwear.

kda
02-20-2012, 19:46
Yep, I'll bet a few patrons had to change their "huggies" that day. And talk about L O U D ...

"Cleanup in the men's room!"

redbaron007
02-20-2012, 19:47
...and then the man standing at the urinal moved to a stall while a walmart associate retrieved him a new pair of underwear.

My thoughts too!! :rofl:

:wavey:

red

TDC20
02-20-2012, 20:22
Probably had a live round in the chamber on an old single action design.

It would have to be a very old gun. My single action Ruger is 30 years old, and it has the transfer bar between the hammer and firing pin that is only in place when the trigger is pulled. Just like a Glock can't discharge if dropped, there is no way a revolver with the transfer bar could discharge if dropped. I know Ruger had a free recall program for many years, which I think they would probably still honor today, to add the transfer bar safety mod to those early single action model revolvers.

I would say if his revolver had the transfer bar, throw the book at him, because he was playing with it. The hole angle in the stall door should tell if it discharged from a floor strike and either back up his claim, or prove he's a liar.

bustedknee
02-20-2012, 21:01
Are they certain it was a gunshot?

I have this buddy....when he goes in a stall, it sounds like a young war.

And it smells like the sewer plant took a direct mortar hit.

:ack: