smart carry and..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : smart carry and.....

ponders
02-20-2012, 19:35
a glock 19, do any of you use this set up?

if so what are the pros/cons

and how is the seated position while using said setup?:wavey:

Lior
02-21-2012, 00:03
Used it for seven years - for driving, sitting, office work, running. It worked flawlessly for my build. YMMV.

ponders
02-21-2012, 06:37
Used it for seven years - for driving, sitting, office work, running. It worked flawlessly for my build. YMMV.

what made you stop using it?

robhic
02-21-2012, 10:23
I use a Smart Carry for my G26 but at the website the owner of SC shows his 1911 in his jeans! If a 1911 will fit I guess a G19 should be OK. They make 3 sizes. And I wear mine while seated no problem.

THOUGHT: I just started a thread down a bit about using a SC at a 90 degree (3 o'clock) position. It certainly is non-traditional and not a deep concealment but I am trying it and like it. Seems others do too. Check it out below.

JeffS
02-21-2012, 17:11
I SmartCarry with a G26. 7-8:00 at work (tucked) and AIWB when not at work. Don't usually wear it for deep concealment like it was made for although I have periodically. Very comfortable and probably the most versatile holster out there. IMO, the bigger your body is as far as leg length, the easier it is to conceal a larger weapon as far as deep concealment. How much room you have in your pants also would play into it. Only down side to me for some would be the inability to one hand reholster. Otherwise, I would say go for it! Return it if it doesn't work for you. It is the only holster I wear when hanging out carrying at home.

CTfam
02-21-2012, 20:13
I hated mine but I love the bellyband. I carry AIWB and with the BB I can have everything in the same place but just tuck over it. The smartcarry prints, has a slow draw and was uncomfortable. YMMV

Lior
02-21-2012, 22:07
what made you stop using it?

I sold the G19 after I took up practical shooting as a sport - I felt that the gun did not provide me enough high speed accuracy. Developed a taste for big-bottomed guns, if you will. My current EDC is a CZ Phantom and I still use a SmartCarry for long distance cross-country running with it.

The Glock's beaverrump is conductive to comfort when sitting in a driving position while using a SmartCarry. CZ75s and 1911s are at a slight disadvantage here, but YMMV.