Can the Comp-Tac Belt Holster be Concealed? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can the Comp-Tac Belt Holster be Concealed?

JMFWSU
02-20-2012, 21:40
Hi,

I'm looking for a good holster to use for hiking, range use, and the very occasional concealed carry.

I know it would not be ideal, but would the Comp-Tac belt holster work for the occasional carry? Does it ride close enough?

Thanks,
Jason

TxGlock9
02-20-2012, 22:54
It's an in the waist band holster. If you are asking if you can tuck your shirt in your pants with the Ctac the answer is NO..

JMFWSU
02-20-2012, 23:34
Actually, the one I'm referring to is Comp-Tac's OWB belt holster. I'm just wondering it it holds the weapon close enough to the body to allow for occasional concealed carry. It would mostly be used for open carry.

TxGlock9
02-20-2012, 23:43
Don't know about Comptac OWB belt holster... Check out Raven Modular Phantom Holster...

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=66

Judging by the side profile of the Comptac it looks to be very close to the body fitting.

EAJuggalo
02-21-2012, 07:35
It's an in the waist band holster. If you are asking if you can tuck your shirt in your pants with the Ctac the answer is NO..

The answer is yes, the CTAC is tuckable, as is the MTAC.

Glockphobia
02-22-2012, 18:44

the CTAC is certainly tuckable. if the OP is asking about the
paddle holster, i own one of those as well. in my opinion it will pull in enough to conceal if you cinch your belt enough. to me, it doesnt conceal well.

TxGlock9
02-22-2012, 20:06
My apologies. I had a brain fart. I'm allowed one per year.

tinman517
02-23-2012, 20:25
Hi,

I'm looking for a good holster to use for hiking, range use, and the very occasional concealed carry.

I know it would not be ideal, but would the Comp-Tac belt holster work for the occasional carry? Does it ride close enough?

Thanks,
Jason

I use the Comptac belt holster for IDPA sometimes. However, I would not use it for CC, unless you are wearing a medium to heavy cover garment. You are better off using an iwb type holster for CC.