Galco Miami Classic 2 or Jackass shoulder rig? and sizing question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Galco Miami Classic 2 or Jackass shoulder rig? and sizing question

nEEdLzZz
02-21-2012, 06:31
hey guys

i'm currently in the market for a shoulder rig..
i've narrowed my search down to the jackass and miami classic 2 shoulder rigs..

my question is...will this holster fit multiple guns in there? like a glock 19, 26 or a sig p229?

do any of you guys know of any other good shoulder rigs by different brands?

what is your experience with said holsters?

thanks in advance guys...:cool::supergrin:

Bill Lumberg
02-21-2012, 06:35
No, quality holsters are made for one size gun. That's not how good holsters work- put a gun too big in the holster, you've stretched it out. Too small, it can fall out. That said, most models of glocks (except for 21/30, etc.) are the same size where it matters. A holster made for a 23 will normally accommodate a 27 or 22 as well. The Miami classic and jackass rigs set the standard for shoulder rigs. Shoulder carry isn't something most will find regular use for, but it can be nice for someone spending a great deal of time driving.

xmanhockey7
02-21-2012, 08:03
If you get the shoulder holster made for any 9mm, 40, or 357sig gun it will fit them all. Full size or sub compact. I have one for my Springfield and Glock. The Springfield holster fits both. The Glock doesn't fit perfectly but it fits fairly well. The Springfield does not fit in the Glock holster though. So yeah it can fit other guns just has to be the right gun.

hikerpaddler
02-21-2012, 11:28
Nope. Use the holster for the gun you have. Glock standard calibers can share holsters. If you want to carry something else, get the holster for that specific weapon. They're modular, so you don't have to buy a whole new rig.

swinokur
02-22-2012, 10:36
Some other rigs

High Noon Holsters
Andrews leather
Alessi?

I have 2 Miami Classic II's. One for my Glock G29SF and G30and One for my 1911's (Kimber and Colt Delta's)

High Noon for my 3rd generation Smiths (1076, 1066, 1026 and 1006)

I try to limit frames to similar sizes to minimize gear purchases. I have settled on the above 3 sizes.