Longrange Snub-Nose [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Longrange Snub-Nose

DirtyDan
02-21-2012, 19:22
Dear Mas,

I've a big fan of the hammerless snub-nose revolver for it's CQC advantages which you've written about often and I've parroted to others many times. I've also read about your long range abilities & exploits(100 yard shots the like)with the snub-nose that few can replicate(including me).

What advice could you give someone wanting to be able to be able to hit with the snubbie at longer ranges(say 20-25 yards & even beyond)?

I know this is a short answer forum, but a short synopsis of snubbie accuracy at greater than room distances would be greatly appreciated as well as any resources(articles,books,dvds etc.)you can recommend that deal with this topic.

Thank you very much.
Respectfully,
Dan

Mas Ayoob
02-21-2012, 21:22
Dan, it's like any other gun:

Learn the trajectory of YOUR load in YOUR gun at the given distances.

Make the choice whether you'll hold at the top of the target, or do the Elmer Keith thing and memorize how far up the front sight has to be in the rear notch at the given distance.

With a small, light gun in double action shooting, forget the "light grasp" and "40% hand strength applied with this hand, 60% with the other hand," and just hold the darn thing as hard as you can as you roll the trigger back smoothly. You HAVE to stabilize its light weight against its much heavier trigger pull.

Give it time. Give it practice.

Best,
Mas