Need opinions QUICK! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions QUICK!

KING-PIN
02-22-2012, 09:54
Hi all,

I am looking to trade a LNIB Ruger LC9 with a Parker Leather IWB and 20 rounds of magtech +P ammo. I have an offer for a LNIB Kahr PM40 with all original papers, box, etc., a leather pancake holster, and 50 rounds of SD ammo.

The deal is I give my gun and $200 for his Kahr and all accessories.

Is this a good deal? I know nothing about Kahrs.

Gotta check with the wife too.

Thanks!

SGT HATRED
02-22-2012, 09:56
Offer your pistol and 100$ I think 200$ would defiantly be in his favor...

SGT HATRED
02-22-2012, 09:57
However the kahr is a far better pistol than your lc9 IMO

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 09:58
Do a google search on the Kahr and on your gun to see what they're going for used then go from there.

Bilbo Bagins
02-22-2012, 10:01
Hi all,

I am looking to trade a LNIB Ruger LC9 with a Parker Leather IWB and 20 rounds of magtech +P ammo. I have an offer for a LNIB Kahr PM40 with all original papers, box, etc., a leather pancake holster, and 50 rounds of SD ammo.

The deal is I give my gun and $200 for his Kahr and all accessories.

Is this a good deal? I know nothing about Kahrs.

Gotta check with the wife too.

Thanks!

In terms of value, the Kahr PM series is not cheap, the guns run +$600 new. If both guns are in similar condition, base on what you are offering and what he is offering its a sweet deal for you.

However something to know, a little pocket PM40 has some snappy recoil, and some Kahr's are known to have reliability issues. If he is willing to let you shoot some rounds before you buy and you have no malfunction, I say jump on it.

KING-PIN
02-22-2012, 10:05
More info:

It has 15 rounds through it and I'm told he paid $785 for it after background check, transfer fee, and tax for I assume just the gun.

Thanks for the quick responses, btw

KING-PIN
02-22-2012, 10:06
In terms of value, the Kahr PM series is not cheap, the guns run +$600 new. If both guns are in similar condition, base on what you are offering and what he is offering its a sweet deal for you.

However something to know, a little pocket PM40 has some snappy recoil, and some Kahr's are known to have reliability issues. If he is willing to let you shoot some rounds before you buy and you have no malfunction, I say jump on it.

Is Kahr known to stand behind their product? Meaning if I were to have a problem after getting it, would they fix it under any kind of warranty?

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 10:11
Is Kahr known to stand behind their product? Meaning if I were to have a problem after getting it, would they fix it under any kind of warranty?

That's a good question. I Know for a fact that Ruger stands behind it's products. I picked up a GP100, 357Mag a number of years ago. The original owner did a hack job and made the gun DA only. I sent it off to Ruger to get it put back stock, DA/SA and they didn't charge me for parts or labor and even paid to ship it back to me. Can't get much better then that for Customer Service IMHO.

Bilbo Bagins
02-22-2012, 10:20

I think, and don't hold me to this without checking first, but they have a 5 year warranty. Check with Kahr if that transfers to the 2nd owner.

http://www.kahr.com/contact.asp

SGT HATRED
02-22-2012, 10:22

5 year warranty to the original purchaser only... I had a slide stop spring break on my cw40 and they would not help me because i told them I bought it used.

KING-PIN
02-22-2012, 10:24
5 year warranty to the original purchaser only... I had a slide stop spring break on my cw40 and they would not help me because i told them I bought it used.

If you're going to charge that price for a handgun, then why in the world can they not have a lifetime warranty?

Sounds like horrible business to me.

SGT HATRED
02-22-2012, 10:27
I don't know but they are amazing to carry and have great triggers...

KarlThomas
02-22-2012, 10:30
He's giving you a good deal it sounds like. Keep in mind that these guns supposedly have a 200 round break in period.

KING-PIN
02-22-2012, 11:12
He's giving you a good deal it sounds like. Keep in mind that these guns supposedly have a 200 round break in period.

It sounded like an ok deal to me, but usually if it's too good to be true.....

KarlThomas
02-22-2012, 12:14
It sounded like an ok deal to me, but usually if it's too good to be true.....

Right. Know what you mean. I've done a good amount of gun trading in the past and when I've felt a little uneasy about something, I've met at a public firing range. It's nice to fire what you're about to own. I like to do this whenever possible.

tcruse
02-22-2012, 12:25
IMHO keep the LC9. Spend the $200 on some ammo. Ruger will stand behind the LC9 forever.

WarEagle32
02-22-2012, 13:11
I have both guns! I would most definitly do that trade. Sweet for you. That LC9 is a great gun but has a terrible trigger compared to the kahr. Plus the kahr is a true pocket pistol. That ruger is a small gun but is not a pocket pistol. If I were you I would absolutly do it!

The_Gun_Guru
02-22-2012, 14:52
Does the Kahr have night sights? A stainless slide? A laser?

Bud's has one brand new for $606 delivered! It has a SS slide:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/27941/Kahr+Arms+PM-40+.40SW+Polymer+Stainless

If your buddy paid almost $800 for one then he paid too much. Just because he got ripped off doesn't mena he should rip you off......IMHO.

I would offer your Ruger plus $100 and nothing more! A used gun is a used gun no matter how few rounds were put through it.

Good luck and safe shooting:banana:

TGG