Really stupid Kimber questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Really stupid Kimber questions

itstime
02-22-2012, 10:07
Ok. First. Do the barrels have engraved numbers in them? Done with a hand engraver.

My Carry Pro when I take it down, when I remove the recoil assymbly I have to give it a wack. It hangs between the barrel and slide.

I bought the gun used. I'm trying to figure out if all the parts are factory or not.

I'm not that affluent on 1911's.

Thanks.

SDGlock23
02-22-2012, 11:20
The one's I've had didn't. But I've seen other manufacturers have what looks like engravings on them with hand tools on the inside of the slide...specifically Springfield Armory.

Snaps
02-22-2012, 12:50
Neither my Gold Match Target II or my Eclipse Target II has anything hand engraved on the barrel.

Jason D
02-22-2012, 18:13
You may find that the slide has the last few numbers of the serial number electro penciled on the inside of this.

Barrels will list caliber only.

faawrenchbndr
02-22-2012, 18:45
Normally only "hand fitted" 1911s will have the last three or
four digits of the serial number on slide, barrel, bushing &
frame.

Wild Gene
02-22-2012, 19:49
I am confused, you need a pin to hold the compressed the recoil spring in place? then slide it out the front, lower the link then slide the barrel out the front to? or are yo udoing it differently?

PlasticGuy
02-23-2012, 16:36
Ok. First. Do the barrels have engraved numbers in them? Done with a hand engraver...
Yes, they often do. Both of my currently owned Kimbers do.

Rick C
02-25-2012, 09:23
Gold Match I - number etched inside of slide but not on barrel.
Rapter II - neither inside of slide or barrel has a serial number.

itstime
02-27-2012, 10:34
I am confused, you need a pin to hold the compressed the recoil spring in place? then slide it out the front, lower the link then slide the barrel out the front to? or are yo udoing it differently?

I use the tool to capture the spring. Then the unit should slide back and out to remove the barrel out the front. It takes a wack to get the recoil assy. out. It hangs in there. With the gun assembled there is no resistance.

dajowi
03-05-2012, 11:28
You have to wack something, something's wrong.