G36 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G36

SCmasterblaster
02-22-2012, 16:16
I am considering getting my second Glock is 23 years, the Glock Model 36. What do you think of this Glock. It is thinner and lighter than my current Glock (G17), and I am hoping that sven shots of .45 ACP is the equivalent of 17 rounds of 9mmP +p+ JHPs. What do you think?

Mas Ayoob
02-22-2012, 16:33
"7 X .45 = 17 X 9mm" is an equation that will trigger a lot of debate; try it at GT's Caliber Corner if there's any doubt. :supergrin: Over the years, I've run across more problematic G36s than any other Glock, for some reason, but you won't carry one until you've tested it to assure 100% reliability. Lots of folks have G36s that they've shot a lot with zero problems, and no Glock has a shorter trigger reach, an important factor for some.

Might want to drop down to Manchester Firing Line and rent a G30 and a G36, and shoot them side by side. I've personally found the G30 to be a distinctly better shooter, and its 11-round capacity counts for something, too. Personally, I'm up to three slightly different G30s that I find use for in my working battery, and my G36 has gathered dust in the gun safe for many years, but your mileage may vary.

best,
Mas