I think I made the wrong decision!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I think I made the wrong decision!!

byf43
02-23-2012, 09:03
Took my youngest son to the local gunshow last weekend.

I found a Remington 541-T w/heavy barrel on a vendor's rack.
The price: $550.00. No box. No paperwork. 1 magazine.
No sights. No scope or mount/rings.

This rifle looked perfect.

I walked away and didn't buy it.

I can't keep from thinking about that mdl 541-T HB!!!!!!!

I didn't get the vendor's card. Nothin'.
:crying:

Did I screw up, or what!?!?!?!?!!?

69HEMI-R/T
02-23-2012, 09:54
Well, that is a good amount of money to spend on a rifle but you just do not see the Model 541T come up for sale very often around here. With proper mounts and scope, that thing can be a .22 tackdriver as well as something to appreciate and hold for your son as he grows to be an adult.

Probably would have walked away too but I don't know. If I did, I would be wondering about my mistake also.

Maybe it will be at the next gunshow you attend. Buy it then if it is in as nice shape as you say.

byf43
02-23-2012, 10:55
That 541-T HB was beautiful!

I've already got a 541-T that is incredibly accurate, but, it's not a HB variant.

Like a real dummy. . . I didn't get the guy's card.:steamed:

Chiefret
02-23-2012, 13:35
Maybe you'll find one in that safe when you crack it.

SigFTW
02-23-2012, 14:16
I did the same thing one year at the local gun show. I found the perfect wheel gun I wanted and at a really good price! I walked away because it had a minor issue that could have been easily fixed. Got home and found out the gun was no longer in production and had a limited run!:steamed: I could have kicked my self.

I did find another one later after spending some time looking. :supergrin:

Lt Scott 14
02-23-2012, 21:49
Have a 521-T. Going on 40yrs now only shoots perfect. Iron peep sights, standard barrel. First rifle given to me by my Uncle who taught me how to hit the targets. My Dad said I could have the rifle when I turned 18, but he held on to the ammo.
Hunted squirrels and rabbits with that rifle, and teach my sons basic marksmanship with it. Keep looking it's worth the money.