Question for Mtac and vm2(or tt gunleather) owners [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mtac and vm2(or tt gunleather) owners

Knighj1
02-23-2012, 10:36
In order to achieve the same cant angle as these nice leather holsters, what holes must you use front and back on the mtac?

I know there may not be holes to get it exact, so pretty darn close will do.

Reason is I have my mtac set up and it has a slight forward cant and that is all, I have another own holster that has a good bit more cant and it feels front heavy(this could have to do with it being owb), but wanted to get as close to the angle/cant as possible before ordering an expensive holster then waiting to only find out I don't like it. I know I could sell it, but being a lefty makes that harder as well

Agent6-3/8
02-23-2012, 10:46
On my MTAC (1.5" clips) I have the front clip in the second hole up from the bottom. (one hole empty under the screw) The rear clip I have in the third hole up from the bottm. (two holes empty under the screw) This gives a little extra forward cant and pulls the butt of my G19 in close. Works for me, anyway! :wavey:

Knighj1
02-23-2012, 10:51
Thanks, I also have the mtac, do u have either of those Lester holsters? And does this achieve their angle?

Oramac
02-23-2012, 11:46
I have the 1.5" clips on my MTAC as well. I use the 4th hole on the front clip and third hole on the rear clip. This gives me a forward cant of (I'm guessing here) about 10-15 degrees.

Knighj1
02-23-2012, 14:09
is that counting from the bottom or the top oramac?

Agent6-3/8
02-24-2012, 07:23
Thanks, I also have the mtac, do u have either of those Lester holsters? And does this achieve their angle?

No sir, I don't. The closest leather holster I have is an Occidental Phoenix IWB. Its very similar to the VM2. They way I have my MTAC set up does offer similar cant, perhaps a tad more.

Knighj1
02-24-2012, 08:32
The occidental is on my short list bc it has practically no wait time and is a fine holster, basically a TT. Thanks go your help!

Oramac
02-24-2012, 11:13
is that counting from the bottom or the top oramac?

Sorry for the long time to reply. I usually only surf GT when I'm at work. :supergrin:

I'm counting from the top, though for the rear clip it's irrelevant since there's 5 holes on it.