New Outdoor Range coming to South Florida [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Outdoor Range coming to South Florida

IGotIt
02-23-2012, 17:00
Mods, if this is posted in the wrong section, please move.

Longshot Range has been approved for operation in Homestead, Florida. Construction is underway. A 500 yard range will be the last to be finished.

http://www.LongShotRange.com/

porschedog
02-23-2012, 17:22
That sucks
You need a password to access the website yet there is no way to get a password

IGotIt
02-23-2012, 17:48
That sucks
You need a password to access the website yet there is no way to get a password

After a year of going through the permitting process and four meetings before the Miami Dade Community Council #15, the Long Shot Shooting Range HAS BEEN APPROVED!!! As many of you already know it will be located southeast of the Homestead Air Reserve Base in unincorporated south dade county.

We are most likely looking at about 3 months to get the first phase completed to open for shooting on what will be a ongoing project to make the quality range everyone wants.

Please access our web site at http://www.LongShotRange.com to follow our progress and get more information. Only the front page of the web site can be accessed right now but as we progress we will open more pages and don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well from the links on our web site.

For those of you that attended the Council meetings and supported the range WE THANK YOU!!! You can contact us via email at LongShotRange@aol.com.

noway
02-23-2012, 19:58
good, I'm tired of supporting palm beach county sheriff's range and the sorry RO attitudes.

Adjuster
02-24-2012, 08:50
They lose a little credibility with the AOL email address.

/

NewWaveGuy
02-29-2012, 18:31
This is great news!

ricky
02-29-2012, 22:59
Instead of requiring a password it should say page under construction bear with us.

It kind of gives the wrong impression.

infoe
03-01-2012, 21:03
will there be a tactical portion of the course where South Floridians can host classes from instructors? Magpul/Yeager/Pat Rodgers ETC...?

SpectreRider
03-01-2012, 23:54
You just cost me the price of an AR-10 with this little piece of news.

Not having a local range over 100 yds was keeping my desire in check.

I am going to do my best to forget this ever happened.

SpectreRider
04-04-2012, 18:42
Well, two thousand dollars later, I am ready. Any further info?

Tacoma12
04-04-2012, 22:37
I'm looking forward to this. And I agree about the PBSO range, it sucks.

SpectreRider
04-15-2012, 23:43
Up to 2500.00 and I still have to buy a Pelican case and laser rangefinder. Three grand in all. Any more info???

Five hundred yards will be just enough to work on learning long range shooting.