Galco Ankle Glove [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Galco Ankle Glove

jellis11
02-23-2012, 19:45
I am thinking about an ankle holster for certain occasions and saw this one at a LGS. Looked way better than the others but was just under $100. Little too steep to pick up for me without asking all you wonderful people.

I did a search and the only time it was mentioned *that I could find* was bodyarmorguy. He said it was pretty nice for his use.

Anyone else think it might be good for certain days with a g26?

joe138
02-23-2012, 19:58
I wear one daily with a G26 and it is comfortable and secure in my experience. I went through a lot of cheaper holsters to finally buy the ankle glove. It would have been cheaper to have bought the ankle glove initially. Buy once, cry once.

DrtyHarry
02-23-2012, 20:08
I often wear one with a G27. Very well made rig when worn right. Comfy as well as quality leather. IMHO.

Harry

MoneyMaker
02-23-2012, 20:23
Got mine a week ago and all i can its the most comfy way to carry for me,May not be the best choice but i hat IWB holsters and when i just run to the store or something or doing alot of driving its is what i am wearing for now on,heck even been wearing it around the house for 6-8 hours at a time with no pain,discomfort or fatigue.

4 glocks
02-23-2012, 20:42
I have had one for about a year it a great holster. You can find them online for about $70 I got mine at Natchez.
I carry my G26 in it when rideing my motorcycle and it works great. They sell a support strap for about $15 I bought it but do not really need it maybe it would be good if you walked or ran alot. I do not regreat buying it.

RYNOCG201
02-23-2012, 20:47
I have one for my G27, I got I it second hand and although I prefer IWB the ankle glove works great for certain situations. It is very comfortable.

Sent from the couch

Bodyarmorguy
02-23-2012, 21:40
I am thinking about an ankle holster for certain occasions and saw this one at a LGS. Looked way better than the others but was just under $100. Little too steep to pick up for me without asking all you wonderful people.

I did a search and the only time it was mentioned *that I could find* was bodyarmorguy. He said it was pretty nice for his use.

Anyone else think it might be good for certain days with a g26?

:wavey:

It is money well spent. In fact just tonight I loaned my G27 and Galco Ankle Glove to a coworker to try out for the weekend before he makes his final decision on off-duty gun and carry method.

MoneyMaker
02-23-2012, 21:43
Yes i ordered mine from Natchez and had it in 3 days

Fed Five Oh
02-24-2012, 08:20
Ankle glove, IMO, is the most comfortable ankle holster there is. I have 2, one for j-frame and one for G27.

ak103k
02-24-2012, 08:38
I have an Ankle Glove for my P230, and its OK, but it does get old towards the middle to end of the day.

I have a couple of Desantis #44 ankle holsters, one for my 26, and find they are much more comfortable. I can wear them all day without any discomfort at all.

Steve in PA
02-24-2012, 09:37
I've been wearing one for a few weeks with a S&W 642. Very comfortable and you often forget you even have it on. I did need to get the boot extended because I guess I have big ankles!

jellis11
02-24-2012, 11:39
You guys are great. Thanks for all the replies.

I was hesitant to buy something for my ankle that costs so much, as IWB is still going to be #1. But with the money I went through finding the right one for IWB... "buy once, cry once" is exactly what I was going for!

ak103k
02-24-2012, 12:21
Try EBay. You can often get good, lightly used holsters there at real reasonable prices.

Its also a good place to get rid of the ones that didnt work out for you. Ive done both, and made out well in both cases.

ViennaGambit
03-24-2012, 12:39
I often wear one with a G27. Very well made rig when worn right. Comfy as well as quality leather. IMHO.

Harry

From one Harry to another Harry - how do you mean?

In the market for an ankle holster for my G26 and have narrowed it down to the Galco or the Desantis Gunhide... Looks like Galco is the way to go.

Maine
03-24-2012, 14:37
Anyone have any circulation issues with these?