02-24-2012, 19:50
10mm...
Damn straight! :50cal:

JBnTX
02-24-2012, 20:56
Open carry would have prevented this.

gunowner1
02-24-2012, 21:27
Why does my G19 shoot low left and eratically eject shells?

Tim151515
02-24-2012, 22:14
i prefer a 40 myself....

http://40mm.com/M203PI-Tactical.JPG

Nanuk
02-24-2012, 23:28
i prefer a 40 myself....

http://40mm.com/M203PI-Tactical.JPG

Yea, 40 MM....

Angry Fist
02-25-2012, 07:43
Open carry would have prevented this.
This, and if his hat ain't on, he cain't write you a ticket.

oily_oink
02-26-2012, 08:25
Welcome from Michigan! :wavey: LOL

Batesmotel
02-26-2012, 17:07
Which ever you can best put on target.

Unless you have a 10mm, then just take out the neighborhood.

bac1023
02-26-2012, 18:11
IBTL

Someone had to do it.

:rofl:

rahrah12
02-27-2012, 11:29
I got an x-ray last week during my physical and the doctor said that he found a couple of 9mm bullets in my body...apparently I was shot at some point and didn't even know...

He told me that I was lucky it wasn't a .45...

StockGlock23
02-27-2012, 14:06
I got an x-ray last week during my physical and the doctor said that he found a couple of 9mm bullets in my body...apparently I was shot at some point and didn't even know...

If it were a 10mm the doc doing your autopsy would have been injured.

Angry Fist
02-27-2012, 18:05

Jake Starr
02-27-2012, 19:12
Try this...

Fact: Traditional handgun ammunition used by the police and military (9mm, .40cal, .357Sig, .45cal) does not cavitate and produce the same such shock wave as rifle ammunition. Therefore a vital organ/artery or vassal must be directly hit/punctured in order to get the desired result. Shot placement trumps bullet diameter every time. With that in mind it would be wise to shoot the same target multiple times (3-5) to increase your chances of success. Success being defined as your enemy collapsing on the floor. If we agree that multiple hits on the same target increases our chances of success then we would have to agree that more bullets is better then less bullets and shooting faster is better then shooting slower. Considering those who with harm to us may come in pares, one would rather 15 rounds then 8. Seeing as a duty weapon will typically carry more ammo in the 9mm verity then the .45cal verity, we can conclude logically that a 9mm weapon would increase ones chance at destroying ones enemy.
Which brings me to my next point. Seeing as multiple shots are what is necessary in increase the likelihood of success over the extra 1mm of 40cal over 9mm. We could also conclude that a training target is best if it is focused on the area of the body that is most likely to contain the vital organs and vessels we spoke about earlier, ie the chest and upper torso. That being said, the distance across an average mans vital zone is going to be approximately 9inches wide (Nipple to nipple) and 12 inches long (traps to solo plexus). Our targets should emulate this hit zone.
Which brings me to my next point. Target size should increase with distance because in that moment the necessity to hit the enemy is greater then the necessity of killing him. At 25 meters and beyond, in real life when my enemy is moving and my environment is out of control and chaotic and I am under stress, I want to hit my target and draw blood. Ending the conflict at 25+ meters or even 20 meters is not realistic. The only way to end the fight is to close distance to guarantee threat neutralization. There for for training purposes I should increase my hit zone to 12 inches across (arm pit to arm pit) and (traps to pelvis), when shooting at 25meter+. I am better off shooting and hitting anywhere then not shooting at all because I could not guarantee a chest hit.
To conclude. A high capacity, light weight, concealable, durable and simple combat hand gun would serve police/military best. (Example: Glock17) A 8.5X11 inch A4 paper would serve the purpose of a combat target at distances from 3-25 meters max. Beyond that at larger (but realistic target should be used). I should be able to shoot 5 rounds from my duty gun as fast as I am able to pull the trigger at up to 7 meters on a 8.5X11 target. If I can't, then I am not ready for reality.

ldmtulsa
02-28-2012, 09:36
Set a 9mm and a .45 round side by side.

Angry Fist
02-28-2012, 11:53
It's a joke, guys....

manbearpig
03-05-2012, 20:30
Wow, My Glock 17 is a 9mm too, just like yours! I found this site while looking for other concealed carriers to run around with. It's not easy to find people on the street. Most people you ask will either say no or just look at you funny. When I got my license, I thought everyone knew about concealed carry. My pistol has a lot of scratches, but it's really loud. I would carry a 45 but mom says the ammo is too pricey.
The hardest thing about concealed carry is finding someone to shoot. I hope the first guy I get to shoot is a bad guy. At the range I like to run my target out half way and empty a magazine into it. Then, while changing magazines, I run to the backstop and empty my other magazine into it from behind. I'm getting really good at it. Surely I would rock at shooting people. Everyone just leaves when I do that now, but one guy got in my face the first time I tried it.
I really enjoyed gun shows for a while, but now it seems like everyone is avoiding me. Even wearing a tinfoil hat to fit in doesn't help. I think the FBI is asking everyone I talk to about the people in my mom's basement or something.
I would probably be an awesome cop, but they wouldn't let me take the entrance exam. All of the appointments are full and Sgt. Hammer can't get anyone from HQ to tell him when more authorizations are coming. That's o.k. He has my mom's phone number. But it's been a really long time.
My favorite carry location is on my strong side (right) IWB. It is very natural for presentation from bike. One thing I've learned from practicing is, before presenting a pistol from a moving bike, stop peddling. If you ride as fast as I do, your gun can slide into a ditch and be hard to find.
If I was James bond I would put 2 rounds through every door I opened. You never know who might be on the other side. Naturally that would not apply to glass doors.
Thank you for letting my post on your AWESOME web place. Please don't dismember me if I write something stupid.

Angry Fist
03-05-2012, 20:47
Pure awesomeness. You sir, kick ass!

BUG'S
03-05-2012, 20:50
Double tap. 1 to the nuts & 1 to the head. Caliber won't matter.:popcorn:

Angry Fist
03-05-2012, 20:54
Double tap. 1 to the nuts & 1 to the head. Caliber won't matter.:popcorn:
Unless it's a .22, then it's in the nuts, and out the ear.

ca survivor
03-14-2012, 17:47

RedNine
03-14-2012, 18:02
I learned on the internet that .45 is a great man stopper and .223 is only good for pest control. 9mm is okay but only for target practice when you get too good to shoot a 22.