Looking for holster recommendation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for holster recommendation

barmanvarn
02-24-2012, 07:52
Hey folks. New to the forum.

Picked up a Glock 23 and I've been hitting the range as often as possible.

That being said, I'm looking into a holster and not sure exactly where to look. I've hit up SafariLand and BlackHawk as those are the only ones I'm familiar with.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Molded
Clips to belt (as opposed to have a belt loop) for easy removal
Would like it to accomodate a light attachment
Locking, w/ a thumb release
Also needs to be available in lefty, since I'm a southpaw
Reasonably priced. I don't mind paying extra for quality but I'm not looking for something extra pricey (yet)
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sheepdog689
02-24-2012, 18:27
With the exception of the thumb lock (which really isn't necessary on this holster) you just described any Fobus model that fits your pistol. I've got a Model 19 and just sold a Model 23. They both fit the same Fobus holster. I like the paddle rather than feed your belt through the loops every time you want to carry. I've got a leather DeSantis suede lined pancake that I love....when I feel like dressing formal. For 99% of EDC my 19 rides in the Fobus. The shape of the holster holds the pistol in without need of any type of snaps. It comes out with a sharp tug but the holster stays put on the belt. When I want to take the holster off I just pull the belt out a little and the paddle releases.

The other plus on Fobus is that they are very reasonably priced.

EAJuggalo
02-25-2012, 05:43
The issue is going to be the light. Why the insistence on a holster that takes a light? Generally it's either for duty where the cost isn't an issue where the Safarilands, Bianchis and the like reside or it's someone who just hasn't learned any better yet.

My 2 cents, an OWB holster isn't going to have all the things you want, all holsters that clip to the belt that I'm aware of are IWB and very few of those will take a light. You say molded which I'm guessing means not leather or fabric which takes out most of the holsters with thumbstraps.

Give us a little more information and we'll be more than happy to help you out. What are you looking to do with this holster? Is it strictly for range/home carry or concealed? Are you only looking for an OWB or IWB?

As far as holster companies in general I'm partial to www.comp-tac.com www.sideguardholsters.com And the CarryLok and PaddleLok series from www.bianchi-intl.com/