Water Well conversion to Hand Pump System ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Water Well conversion to Hand Pump System ?

dennis3dflyer
02-25-2012, 03:57
So what options have you seen and think are the best for Converting an average Water Well to a Hand Pump / Manual Pump for when the Power goes out????

Is this even possible easily???? For a Low Cost????? Limitations of such a System????

My Friend just has a Electric Generator and will not consider a Hand Pump System.

Thanks, Dennis

UneasyRider
02-25-2012, 06:26
Tagged.

ozark-tracker
02-25-2012, 07:24
depends on what depth you draw your water from, when I lived in Oklahoma, along the rivers bottoms, you could easily drive a sand point and put a manual pump on it and have all the water you would ever want, that water was 20 feet or less, 20 feet or more and you'll need a drilled well and a pump that can draw from deeper, there will come a point when your better off with a well bucket on a rope and pulley,
google sand point water well if your water is shallow,

Big Bird
02-25-2012, 07:57
There was just a thread about this a month or so ago. Scroll down and see if you can find it.

Hand pumps were used for generations on wells as deep as 200 feet. They can easily supply a family with all their water needs and have done so for countless decades for many people. It may not be feasible everywhere or on all wells.

My family had a cast iron hand pump on an old well on our farm and it worked for all us kids playing in the hot sun all day long for a cool drink for a good number of years....

B A
02-28-2012, 06:19
Check these out. No first hand knowledge, but have heard some good things about them.

http://www.bisonpumps.com/hand-pumps.htm

survive1999
03-01-2012, 09:25
Low tech solution.

http://www.lehmans.com/store/Water___Buckets___Galvanized_Well_Bucket___550202#550202

kirgi08
03-01-2012, 11:40
We had hand pumps installed at both places.It's just common sense.'08.

dennis3dflyer
03-01-2012, 22:41
Well BA and 1999 had some good sites BA's Bison site seems great I'd need to fiqure out the various fittings that might be needed to convert the electric to the hand pump.

Can Any one give a small talk through of the process and parts and tools needed for adding converting the average electric well here in florida to the Bison like hand pump system???

Thanks, Dennis