AR15 arts and crafts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR15 arts and crafts

bmoore
02-25-2012, 10:47
Im sure all of you have seen this more than a few times but I decided to do this coloring to my lowers. Im pretty happy with the way it came out. I just wiped the areas with some de chlorinated brake cleaner, heated them a little, etched in the crayon and then wiped away the excess. It was a lot easier than I thought.

Dr.Crash
02-25-2012, 19:14
Me too!!! :rofl: that looks great. Have been thinking of doing mine as well.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

bmoore
02-25-2012, 19:59
Me too!!! :rofl: that looks great. Have been thinking of doing mine as well.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Very nice

QNman
02-25-2012, 22:26
Im sure all of you have seen this more than a few times but I decided to do this coloring to my lowers. Im pretty happy with the way it came out. I just wiped the areas with some de chlorinated brake cleaner, heated them a little, etched in the crayon and then wiped away the excess. It was a lot easier than I thought.

How do you wipe away the excess? Dry cloth, or some kind of chemical?

bmoore
02-26-2012, 08:57
How do you wipe away the excess? Dry cloth, or some kind of chemical?

Just a micro fiber rag. It doesnt seem like it works but it does. I prep the areas with De-chlorinated brake cleaner. It also helps to use the brake cleaner side of the rag when doing the final "clean up".

TangoFoxtrot
02-26-2012, 09:09
I did the "SAFE" in white and the "FIRE " in red on my AR the first day I brought it home.

QNman
02-26-2012, 09:39
Just a micro fiber rag. It doesnt seem like it works but it does. I prep the areas with De-chlorinated brake cleaner. It also helps to use the brake cleaner side of the rag when doing the final "clean up".

Thanks! I'm going to try this!

bmoore
02-26-2012, 13:00
Thanks! I'm going to try this!

Circular motions with the crayon help get all the gaps and nooks filled in properly. It can always be easily removed with a dental pick.