Wyoming House of Reps,DOOMSDAY Bill [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming House of Reps,DOOMSDAY Bill

inzone
02-25-2012, 20:29
whoa! now that's interesting......I saw it on Trib.com I don't know how to post the link, maybe someone here does.....it passed by one vote.... the sponsor said that U.S. 15 trillion dollar debt mandates Wyoming prepare for possible economic collapse. including state military preps.....WOW!!!!

Bolster
02-25-2012, 20:36
http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/wyoming-lawmaker-introduces-doomsday-bill/article_a569afbd-61df-504f-bb55-e37547364bad.html

Favorite quote:

"...in the event the dollar loses value entirely, Wyoming should issue its own state currency..."

Go Wyoming!

http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst083.gif

arclight610
02-25-2012, 20:38
Neat.

UneasyRider
02-25-2012, 21:49
I like being prepared as a state a lot! The problem would be that states can't print money constitutionally, well for that matter neither can the Federal government but they do it anyway so what the heck, go for it!

emt1581
02-25-2012, 22:23
I like being prepared as a state a lot! The problem would be that states can't print money constitutionally, well for that matter neither can the Federal government but they do it anyway so what the heck, go for it!

Maybe their silver and gold rounds will say "Wyoming Bucks" on them... :dunno:

-Emt1581

cowboy1964
02-25-2012, 23:20
This is right up there with Utah's pointless "you can pay for stuff with gold and silver" bill.

kirgi08
02-26-2012, 00:03
tagged.

lawman800
02-26-2012, 01:33
Hey, at least the state has some legislators who are awake.

UneasyRider
02-26-2012, 06:21
Hey, at least the state has some legislators who are awake.

That amazed me too! What a great feeling to know that someone got elected who is not sleeping at the wheel.

TangoFoxtrot
02-26-2012, 08:00
That amazed me too! What a great feeling to know that someone got elected who is not sleeping at the wheel.

That is rare in government!

Bolster
02-26-2012, 08:50
...The problem would be that states can't print money constitutionally, well for that matter neither can the Federal government but they do it anyway so what the heck, go for it!

Well, if B. O. has taught us anything, it's that leaders can disregard the constitution, and there are no real consequences for doing so.

emt1581
02-26-2012, 09:12

Which is why we are in trouble in the first place. Then again, I wouldn't want them too awake...just groggy at best. Otherwise they might go overboard and control a LOT more than they already do.

-Emt1581

lawman800
02-26-2012, 13:27

Not just rare, almost impossible to find!

Ruble Noon
02-26-2012, 13:47
Not just rare, almost impossible to find!

I don't know.

U.S. States Prepare For Hyperinflation

http://etfdailynews.com/2012/02/04/u-s-states-prepare-for-hyperinflation-gld-slv-uup-udn-sgol-iau/

Bolster
02-26-2012, 15:07
If the Right is clever (big IF), this is the sort of news story that will drag the attention off of the red herrings of culture and morality wars, and back onto a very frightening debt that is hanging like a sword of Damocles over all of us.

Too bad the Left is so good at distracting everybody away from the important issues, when it's election time, and a leftist is in office. Dollars to donuts the media will have people thinking about 'my freedom to abort' and not 'crushing debt' when they vote in 2012.

Stories like Wyoming could make our horrible, crushing debt once again front and center, where it should be. (Of course, the media's smart enough to know that, and will probably roundly ignore such stories, or Jon Stewart will mock them.)

UneasyRider
02-26-2012, 16:02
If the Right is clever (big IF), this is the sort of news story that will drag the attention off of the red herrings of culture and morality wars, and back onto a very frightening economy that is hanging like a sword of Damocles over all of us.

Too bad the Left is so good at distracting everybody away from the important issues, when it's election time, and a leftist is in office. Dollars to donuts the media will have people thinking about 'my freedom to abort' and not 'crushing debt' when they vote in 2012.

Stories like Wyoming could make our horrible, crushing debt once again front and center, where it should be. (Of course, the media's smart enough to know that, and will probably roundly ignore such stories, or Jon Stewart will mock them.)

You would have to be an idiot to think that we could live under the current ratio of borrowing vs spending for any length of time and there are few idiots here. I am glad to see so many of the elected vocalizing the inevitable consequence of our actions.

Bolster
02-26-2012, 16:13
Based on the recent polling (November 4, 2008), precisely 52.9% of the nation ARE idiots.

Of course, in my state of California, that proportion is much, much higher.

UneasyRider
02-26-2012, 16:25
Based on the recent polling (November 4, 2008), precisely 52.9% of the nation ARE idiots.

Of course, in my state of California, that proportion is much, much higher.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

inzone
02-26-2012, 17:03
I have an old Army Buddy in Wyoming and he has been trying to get me to move there..... and ya know, after this and the very good NRA rating the state got I am starting to think about it... but dang it gets cold there in the winter!

lawman800
02-26-2012, 17:23
CA is actually quite conservative for the most part in many counties but it's the major cities where the liberals congregate that ruin it for everyone. Anyone notice that liberals love swarming the major cities to turn it into their liberal paradise and then the city turns to crap with rampant crime while the infrastructure falls apart?

Bolster
02-26-2012, 17:26
Anyone notice that liberals love swarming the major cities to turn it into their liberal paradise and then the city turns to crap with rampant crime while the infrastructure falls apart?

I have!! :wavey:

smokin762
02-26-2012, 18:00
CA is actually quite conservative for the most part in many counties but it's the major cities where the liberals congregate that ruin it for everyone. Anyone notice that liberals love swarming the major cities to turn it into their liberal paradise and then the city turns to crap with rampant crime while the infrastructure falls apart?

Yes, I have noticed. I talk about it with certain coworkers all the time.

When passing through Cities like that, I feel more comfortable sticking to the Highways. :supergrin:

pugman
02-28-2012, 10:06
Sadly, here is why I think the underlying sincerity of this is a bunch of b.s.

"So, he’s introduced legislation to create a state-run government continuity task force"

So a state official wants to create legislation which will ensure 1) he continues to have a job 2) the government has a means of continuing to exercise its control.

It amazes me whether its Hollywood (look at some of the things Oliver Platt's character says in 2012) or real life politicans are only concerned about themselves. Oddly, people continue to look to the government for help when in fact its the government who put us in this situation in the first place.

The worse thing: this guy could be 100% above board real but today's political climate mean Joe Voter needs to question motives all the time

NOLA_glock
02-28-2012, 17:31
Well, Wyoming seems to have their **** together. They may be on to something. :cheers:

Bilbo Bagins
02-29-2012, 14:03
Well, Wyoming seems to have their **** together. They may be on to something. :cheers:

+1

I wonder if other debt free and independent thinking states might propose the same thing. I know North Dakota is debt free. And I think a few others are running with no to little deficits and could pretty much survive if the federal government collapsed. I think that would hopefully wise up the federal government, when you think they see a dozen or so state pass plans like this as a vote of no confidence in the federal system.

freedom790
02-29-2012, 19:57
I love my state :cool:

If any of you relocate to the Cheyenne area, send me a PM. I'll show you to the local ranges.

Jameson4all
02-29-2012, 22:20
I wonder how things are going to be in a couple years.