Colt 6920 at Walmart [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920 at Walmart

cyphertext
02-26-2012, 22:51
Did a search, didn't find this...

On several forums, people are reporting that Colt 6920s are showing up at the local Walmarts for $1097. My Walmart doesn't carry guns, but one not too far from me does.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a gun from Walmart now. Not because I think they are factory seconds or whatever conspiracy theories are thrown out there. I won't buy because Walmart pulled their guns and didn't want my money just a few years ago. Now that the pendulum is going the other way, they want to come back into the game and want our money.

What do you guys think about this? Discuss...

WoodenPlank
02-26-2012, 22:53
Did a search, didn't find this...

On several forums, people are reporting that Colt 6920s are showing up at the local Walmarts for $1097. My Walmart doesn't carry guns, but one not too far from me does.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a gun from Walmart now. Not because I think they are factory seconds or whatever conspiracy theories are thrown out there. I won't buy because Walmart pulled their guns and didn't want my money just a few years ago. Now that the pendulum is going the other way, they want to come back into the game and want our money.

What do you guys think about this? Discuss...

Given how much they are selling Bushmaster and SIG ARs for, I'd be really shocked to see Colt ARs being sold at WM for that price. Even more so given Colt's past history with civilian sales of un-neutered rifles.

USMCSergeant
02-26-2012, 22:54
There was a Colt LE model at my local Walmart for the exact price the OP listed. Should have taken a pic.

cyphertext
02-26-2012, 22:58
Given how much they are selling Bushmaster and SIG ARs for, I'd be really shocked to see Colt ARs being sold at WM for that price. Even more so given Colt's past history with civilian sales of un-neutered rifles.

I haven't seen one myself, but I rarely go to a Walmart other than the one close to my house. But, like I said, it has been posted on several forums. They have been reported in my local area, so I may need to go look. Not sure if they are the LE6920 or the SP6920 rollmark.

cyphertext
02-26-2012, 22:59
There was a Colt LE model at my local Walmart for the exact price the OP listed. Should have taken a pic.

There you go....sounds like the LE6920 rollmark.

USMCSergeant
02-26-2012, 23:02
I remember seeing LE in the serial number, I can't remember, or tell the difference in the 6920,21 etc. It had a removable carry handle

WoodenPlank
02-26-2012, 23:04
I remember seeing LE in the serial number, I can't remember, or tell the difference in the 6920,21 etc. It had a removable carry handle

LE6920 and SP6920 are identical, except for roll marks.

FLglockdude
02-26-2012, 23:29
The Walmart in Titusville, Florida did in fact have a Colt 6920 for $1097. They also had a Bushmaster, a Sig and a Windham Weaponry.

whitebread
02-27-2012, 07:03

The 6921 is a 14.5" barrel and will require a tax tamp or fixed flash suppressor. The 6920 is a 16" barrel.

zhix
02-27-2012, 07:09
I would not buy a 6920 from Wal-Mart for that price, or probably any price, unless I really wanted one and no other place had it.
I do not, however, believe the stories about guns at Walmart being lower quality made.(except for the ones made specifically for them, like the 'Sam Walton' Remington 1100, etc.)

A guy at the range once told me "If you buy a Savage (of the same model) at Dick's or a sporting goods store instead of from a gun shop, they're not as well-made. But the same idiot also said "Well ARs are only good if ya wanna sling a bunch of lead down range.."

TangoFoxtrot
02-27-2012, 07:58
Our area Walmarts have rifles and shotguns but no AR's yet.

Made Man
02-27-2012, 08:07
The walmart in my little 2K+ population town has Bushys and Sigs, haven't seen a Colt there yet.

Sure am glad I bought my "starter AR" at my LGS, Colt must be having bad quality control and putting out crappy rifles now-a-days.

Hahaha, I'M JOKING!!!!!!!
Only reason I wouldn't buy a gun from walmart is cause I bet I could find it a little cheaper if I did some research. Again, I was joking about the crappy rifles, I don't think the quality is low because walmie world carries them.

JuneyBooney
02-28-2012, 00:20

The 20 is a normal GI looking AR. That is not a bad price for the rifle though. I have seen leo outfitters selling them below that though.

Fwdftw
02-28-2012, 00:42
Yup Colt here in North MS

copenhagen2001
02-28-2012, 08:35
Went in to Our Walmart for a gallon of milk, and this followed me home this morning, Saves me a trip to the gun show this weekend, and...pics speak louder than words!!!http://img.tapatalk.com/474c9217-e5d9-3de4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/474c9217-e5e8-f44c.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/474c9217-e600-2fa4.jpg

HTC 4 Tapatalk

Presscheck40
02-28-2012, 08:40
Went in to Our Walmart for a gallon of milk, and this followed me home this morning, Saves me a trip to the gun show this weekend, and...pics speak louder than words!!!http://img.tapatalk.com/474c9217-e5d9-3de4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/474c9217-e5e8-f44c.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/474c9217-e600-2fa4.jpg

HTC 4 Tapatalk
Nice haul.

engine

cyphertext
02-28-2012, 09:06
Went in to Our Walmart for a gallon of milk, and this followed me home this morning, Saves me a trip to the gun show this weekend, and...pics speak louder than words!!!

Thank you for posting that! Hard evidence....there we have it. Congrats on your new rifle.

cyphertext
02-28-2012, 09:20
The 20 is a normal GI looking AR. That is not a bad price for the rifle though. I have seen leo outfitters selling them below that though.

Juney, I have seen them lower online as well, but Walmart having them in stock at that price blows my mind. That price absolutely blows the $1200 - $1300 price tag in the LGS or the gunshows away.

I really didn't believe this would be a firearm that Walmart would carry in the store. I could see ordering it from their catalog, but very surprised to see it as normal stock. Guess some of the Walmarts are truly back in the gun business.

stopatrain
02-28-2012, 09:27
Nice rifle!

series1811
02-28-2012, 09:43

I was in my local Wal-Mart Sunday afternoon and they had one for that price, too.

Captain Caveman
02-28-2012, 10:02
Hope it spreads west. Haven't seen any in the wally worlds around me yet.

Boot Stomper
02-28-2012, 10:20
At my local Walmart they have had the S&W ARs and the Sig Sauer ARs for sale in the past. I will start watching for the Colt.

UPDATE: Went to Walmart today and they had a DPMS Panther for under $600.00. The guy behind the counter said he was not putting the price out on it because a Walmart employee was buying it.

I believe, This was the model.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=5632&cat=1891

bmoore
02-28-2012, 12:43

HTC 4 Tapatalk

Its official, Walmart has everything.

hotpig
02-28-2012, 17:05
I hate to see wang mart take over another part of the gun industry. It does not bode well for the average shooter in the long run. Does not bode well for those of us who have Colts as a investment.

If they want to continue getting wally world money they are going to have to lower their quality. There is only one direction that Colts reputation can go from here. I hate to see my values decrease over a poor business decision by Colt.

RMTactical
02-28-2012, 17:06
I hate to see wang mart take over another part of the gun industry. It does not bode well for the average shooter in the long run. Does not bode well for those of us who have Colts as a investment.

If they want to continue getting wally world money they are going to have to lower their quality. There is only one direction that Colts reputation can go from here. I hate to see my values decrease over a poor business decision by Colt.

How do you figure? Wal-mart is selling them for more than they go for in many other places...

Javelin
02-28-2012, 17:12

And if you notice the guy has an LE model and not an SP model that other websites and gun dealers are peddling off as "just the same". While the Sporter model might be just the same as the LE model in terms of build quality...

The LE Model will be worth $ later down the road. And the guy got it @ Wally World! :rofl:

hotpig
02-28-2012, 17:55
How do you figure? Wal-mart is selling them for more than they go for in many other places...

You are looking at the wrong guns. Looking at the price that they are or were selling for is short sighted. What is it going to cost the dealer to replace what is sold. In other words shortly that WalMart price will be the cheapest price you can find.

I had not purchased any since October so I price shopped today. The wholesale price today is more than I expected. I did not purchased any. I can not sell a 6920 at the WalMart price even if it was a cash sale.

Finding this thread a little while ago makes me glad that I did not waste inventory money on them.

hotpig
02-28-2012, 18:01
And if you notice the guy has an LE model and not an SP model that other websites and gun dealers are peddling off as "just the same". While the Sporter model might be just the same as the LE model in terms of build quality...

The LE Model will be worth $ later down the road. And the guy got it @ Wally World! :rofl:

Colt says the roll mark is the difference.

My biggest fear is Colts name going into the trash and ruining the value for me or my Grandchildren.

Javelin
02-28-2012, 18:08

My biggest fear is Colts name going into the trash and ruining the value for me or my Grandchildren.

I am sure that it is just the rollmark that makes the difference between the two. For collection & investment I prefer the LE mark and bastardized sized pins just because they will probably fetch the higher prices down the road if merely for nostalgia.

Some will argue that the Sporter line they have now are made in separate factories from the Law Enforcement & Military plant (but most gun nuts will point out that the factories are across from one another). Either way I would rather have the one made for Law Enforcement & Military at least for purely investment grade reasons.

All in all I agree that it is disturbing to think that the Colt name would ever succumb to EveryDay value prices (maybe even Roll-Back prices @ ChinaMart!!!!).

:wavey:

WoodenPlank
02-28-2012, 19:45

If you're buying a modern, production AR for an investment, you're probably doing it wrong, unless you are wholly banking on a possible return of the Clinton AWB - which I highly doubt is going to happen.

If you want to buy a gun (or even an AR) for investment reasons, there are FAR better options out there to do so.

Seeing Colt ARs at Wal-Mart (for a reasonable price, all things considered) is good for gun owners - it means more quality weapons getting into people's hands more easily. I'm sure Colt is able to make a respectable profit on the guns they sell to Wal-Mart, just the same as they do otherwise, without cutting quality.

Javelin
02-28-2012, 20:06
If you're buying a modern, production AR for an investment, you're probably doing it wrong, unless you are wholly banking on a possible return of the Clinton AWB - which I highly doubt is going to happen.

If you want to buy a gun (or even an AR) for investment reasons, there are FAR better options out there to do so.

Seeing Colt ARs at Wal-Mart (for a reasonable price, all things considered) is good for gun owners - it means more quality weapons getting into people's hands more easily. I'm sure Colt is able to make a respectable profit on the guns they sell to Wal-Mart, just the same as they do otherwise, without cutting quality.

Very true. The last price tag I saw on a Government purchased select fire Colt was something like $4XX.00 for the complete gun... I am sure Colt is not losing money on the Walmart Sales.

WoodenPlank
02-28-2012, 20:11
Very true. The last price tag I saw on a Government purchased select fire Colt was something like $4XX.00 for the complete gun... I am sure Colt is not losing money on the Walmart Sales.

My point exactly. Hell, even complete H&K 416s with group therapy options sell for a little over $1,000 to law enforcement, last I heard.

glockin-45
02-28-2012, 20:38
Give me a break, you can say what you want about wallmart, like them or not. Colts reputation has nothing to do with one model being sold there. The LE6920 is not what you would call their top of the line rifle. I'm sure it's a good rifle, but you guy's are making it sound like walmart is selling a 1300 dollar gun for 1097. Aint so. It is sad though that walmart seemed to be going politicaly correct and anti gun, and now they know the public is gun buying and thinking of the upcoming election and they want in on the $$.

WoodenPlank
02-28-2012, 20:46
Give me a break, you can say what you want about wallmart, like them or not. Colts reputation has nothing to do with one model being sold there. The LE6920 is not what you would call their top of the line rifle. I'm sure it's a good rifle, but you guy's are making it sound like walmart is selling a 1300 dollar gun for 1097. Aint so. It is sad though that walmart seemed to be going politicaly correct and anti gun, and now they know the public is gun buying and thinking of the upcoming election and they want in on the $$.

I read something a while back about Wal-Mart shifting focus. Ownership changed hands a while back (changed from one set of Walton kids to another, I believe), and the family members that had taken over mad a conscious decision to change what they would carry in their stores. It went on to say that they had decided to go back to the roots of what had made Wal-Mart what it had been - selling more American-made products, and good products at good prices. They wanted to get away from the cheaply-made Chinese crap. It also specifically mentioned that they wanted to expand their sporting good departments, and get back to selling more firearms and ammo. They were also going to change the layout of many of their stores to something a little better.

While I'm sure some of that is profit driven, it also seemed that they wanted to give customers what they wanted - and guns were a big part of that picture.

BudMan5
02-28-2012, 20:50
Wal Mart is just like any other business (but they are really, REALLY good at it)

When guns were unpopular and became not profitable, Wal Mart got out of selling them in many markets. But they kept selling them in markets where they were popular.

Wal Mart is a profit based company. That's not a bad thing, it's an American thing. If the profits are in selling guns and shooting supplies they are going to do it and they will sell them at a competitive price. If the public stops wanting guns Wal Mart will stop selling them again.

What in the world is wrong with that?

Back in Vietnam in the sixties and as a cop beginning in 1969, I was in love with Colt products. That changed during the labor turmoils when Colt lost all of their master craftsmen and started turning out garbage for several decades.

I am glad to see Colt starting to come back and I am also really glad to see them selling a quality product again.

There was a good long time that they couldn't.

Decguns
02-28-2012, 21:00
My wholesaler told me Colt isn't making any more LE marked rifles. They're all marked SP now. The Rogers Super Stock is now standard on carbines too. Get the LE marked ones while you can. Price is $945 for a 6920.

WoodenPlank
02-28-2012, 21:14
My wholesaler told me Colt isn't making any more LE marked rifles. They're all marked SP now. The Rogers Super Stock is now standard on carbines too. Get the LE marked ones while you can. Price is $945 for a 6920.

That didn't last long. Word is some of the larger LE contracts for Colt were written in such a way that the agencies would only take rifles marked as "law enforcement." As a result, they started producing them with the LE markings again. There was a thread in this forum at one point about it, but I can't be arsed to go looking for it right now.

Javelin
02-28-2012, 22:16
That didn't last long. Word is some of the larger LE contracts for Colt were written in such a way that the agencies would only take rifles marked as "law enforcement." As a result, they started producing them with the LE markings again. There was a thread in this forum at one point about it, but I can't be arsed to go looking for it right now.

I have heard that as well. But no confirmation on it.
:dunno:

pipedreams
02-28-2012, 22:34
I recently looked at the Bushmaster at Walmart and then received the latest Cheaperthandirt catalog that had the same gun for slightly higher price. Since I can buy on line and not have to pay the tax on almost a $1000.00 it is cheaper even with the shipping and FFL fee. Not much difference but CTD gives me a slight edge.

WoodenPlank
02-29-2012, 02:07
I recently looked at the Bushmaster at Walmart and then received the latest Cheaperthandirt catalog that had the same gun for slightly higher price. Since I can buy on line and not have to pay the tax on almost a $1000.00 it is cheaper even with the shipping and FFL fee. Not much difference but CTD gives me a slight edge.

My question is this: When Colts are $1097, why the hell would you pay nearly a grand for a Bushmaster? :dunno:

Nalapombu
02-29-2012, 02:29
I've been wanting a 6920 for a long time now. Right now I have a Colt Lightweight Sporter that has only been test fired. Looks like it might be time for me to get my AR and sell it so I can buy a 6920.

Thanks for the Heads Up. I'll check my local Wally's to see what they have here "deep in the heart of Texas....."

Nalajr

pipedreams
02-29-2012, 06:11
My question is this: When Colts are $1097, why the hell would you pay nearly a grand for a Bushmaster? :dunno:
Didn't I say I looked at a Bushmaster? Didn't say I bought it. So far our local WM has no Colts in store. My point was by the time you add the sales tax on a rifle at Walmart you might be better off buying online.

eracer
02-29-2012, 06:23
Michael (Give Me Another Chili Cheese Dog) Moore must be having a stroke right about now...

r3dot
02-29-2012, 20:40
I called a few to see if any had them and finally found one. I asked "I'm looking for a Colt 6920," and he replies "uhm, we only sell handguns and rifles," I said "that is a rifle," "oh," "we only have like .223 and 30-06," "it is a .223," "oh, let me go look," "we have one," "what's the price?," "****, I don't know can't uh find one uh it's not on there"

They want just under 1100. Good price, but man, buying from someone like that is a joke. Every walmart I called got similar responses.

Jack23
02-29-2012, 22:16
This is a very interesting thread. When I was shopping for my AR I wasn't sure at first what I would be able to afford. I live in the Houston Texas area and there are squillions of places too buy a gun around here. After looking at reviews and features and shopping a lot of gun shops and mass merchandisers I was pretty sure I was in the market for a Colt. Hadn't decided which model yet but I was looking closely at all the Colts. I saw a LE6920 and the Carter's Country in Pasadena and they wanted 1700.00 bux for theirs. I looked at it closely knowing I wasn't going to buy it there but I wanted to see all the features etc. It was an M4-A2 16" carabine. 1/7 twist. I decided to see if I could find that at a reasonable price.

Finally several months later I was at a gun show and a vendor in there that at that time was giving huge discounts for paying in cash was selling them for 1100 bux, exactly like the one at Carter's Country, out the door. Their price using credit was 1300.00 bux plus tax. I nearly had a heart attack!

I ran to the bank and got the 1,100 in cash and went back and plunked down my cash and felt like a thief as I scurried out the door, across the parking lot and to my truck. I went home and read up on it. Then I went to the range and fired 100 rounds through it and have had trouble keeping my hands off it ever since.

I like to watch zombie movies and hold it in my lap so I can help out the good guys when the Zombies attack. I used to use my G-21 for that but the AR is a lot fore fun for some reason? :D

I guess there may be some fancier more expensive models of AR out there but I love mine and I love the deal I got on it. I have 2,950 rounds through it and I te'ya it's a shooter. I couldn't be happier.

FatBoy
03-01-2012, 00:09
Well, I strolled through the Gun Dept. at the local WM today. They had three SIGs, one was a 22LR, one M400 Hunter($897) and the other was a M400 Enhanced w/ OD MagPul furniture($917), one DPMS ($599), and one Colt 6920($1097).

On a side note, the 420rd cans of xm855 on strippers, have gone up $10 to $159.

Sadly, I came home empty handed.

FB

Gunnut 45/454
03-01-2012, 11:00
Ours has a BM M4ergy 16" sitting in the rack- did look at the price as I'm not in the market for another AR. But atleast they had an AR. :)

series1811
03-01-2012, 12:08
I went grocery shopping at our local Wal-Mart last night and it was still there. It almost jumped into my grocery basket. Not a bad store where you can pick up eggs, bacon, and an AR-15. :)

HexHead
03-01-2012, 12:11
I went grocery shopping at our local Wal-Mart last night and it was still there. It almost jumped into my grocery basket. Not a bad store where you can pick up eggs, bacon, and an AR-15. :)

Almost hits the criteria of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms being a convenience store instead of a government agency. All you needed was beer and cigarettes.

Boot Stomper
03-01-2012, 16:14

Fear not. I do not see Walmart taking over the gun market. Their service is horrible and their employees do not know anything about firearms let alone how to break down an AR 15.

I had to show the Wally World Worker how to remove the bolt on an AR.

It is sad. The ARs I have seen Walmart selling never have sights. The employees do not even realize the sights are an option or where the sights mount on the rifle. :faint:

glockin-45
03-01-2012, 17:19
Fear not. I do not see Walmart taking over the gun market. Their service is horrible and their employees do not know anything about firearms let alone how to break down an AR 15.

I had to show the Wally World Worker how to remove the bolt on an AR.

It is sad. The ARs I have seen Walmart selling never have sights. The employees do not even realize the sights are an option or where the sights mount on the rifle. :faint: Sad but true, but this thread was not meant to bash walmart. After all they are just a dept. store, not Gun shop. These employee's get moved around all over the store, and i'm sorry but if you want information on fly fishing the sales person might not know anything about fly fishing. If a person is buying an AR, they should do alittle research about the guns and what they want. Or else go to a real Gun shop, that knows what there doing.

WoodenPlank
03-01-2012, 19:03
Almost hits the criteria of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms being a convenience store instead of a government agency. All you needed was beer and cigarettes.

Wal-Marts in Florida sell liquor. I have yet to see one that didn't sell cigarettes.

Silver_Bullet_00
03-02-2012, 22:10
I bought the 6920 LE at Wal-mart yesterday. First Gun I ever purchased from Wal-mart. I usually wouldn't even consider buying a rifle from Wal-mart, but this was an impulse buy as it was begging me to take it away from all the dumb-a**es who work in the sporting goods, so I gave it a proper home. The new Asst. Manager at this store is actually a gun collector and avid shooter. He told me he had to send back the Colt 6920 SP's that they had in stock, and they where replaced with the Colt 6920 LE's.

Only difference I see in these LE models at Wal-mart is that they don't have the Military/Police/Government use only marking on the other side of the Mag well. They are marked Colt Defense, which is usually the Government only manufacturer, whereas Colt Manufacturing is the civilian manufacturer. My LE6920 had the Roger's Super-Stoc with it.

LibertyPatriot
03-02-2012, 22:57
I bought the 6920 LE at Wal-mart yesterday.

Can I ask what area of the country you're in? I believe I'm going on the hunt for one of these.

Silver_Bullet_00
03-02-2012, 23:13
Can I ask what area of the country you're in? I believe I'm going on the hunt for one of these.

SE North Carolina. They are carrying these in Conway SC, and Whiteville, NC. The 2 closest Wal-marts to me

Here's some pictures

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1113.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1112.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1161.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1162.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1163.jpg

WoodenPlank
03-02-2012, 23:28
SE North Carolina. They are carrying these in Conway SC, and Whiteville, NC. The 2 closest Wal-marts to me

Here's some pictures

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1113.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1112.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1161.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1162.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/silver_bullet_00/IMG_1163.jpg

Interesting to see LE S/N and no restricted markings...

Silver_Bullet_00
03-02-2012, 23:34
Interesting to see LE S/N and no restricted markings...

That's the only difference I have seen in the Walmart LE models.

cyphertext
03-02-2012, 23:38

Thanks for posting the pics and congrats on your new rifle.

barefoot
03-02-2012, 23:39
I must admit, I'm sorely tempted - I stopped my my local walmart and there was no sign of an AR of any kind behind the gun counter - the guy working there looked at me like I had 3 armpits, but dutifully looked in the computer and the printed catalog to find nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

So is this a regional thing or a store-by-store thing or what?

Silver_Bullet_00
03-02-2012, 23:46
I must admit, I'm sorely tempted - I stopped my my local walmart and there was no sign of an AR of any kind behind the gun counter - the guy working there looked at me like I had 3 armpits, but dutifully looked in the computer and the printed catalog to find nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

So is this a regional thing or a store-by-store thing or what?

My local wal-mart will Special order them if they are not in stock for 50% down. Tell the employee to check with the firearms distributor if his manager or district allows it. They don't always show up it the catalogue. The Asst manager told me these have a 19% mark-up. So less than your typical Colt Name Mark UP that most dealers demand.

G30Mike
03-03-2012, 00:16

My 6720 rollmark is the exact same and I bought mine at my LGS..... No Restricted markings on it either.....

http://img.tapatalk.com/4257022c-b699-e775.jpg

Time to hit the Wal-Marts in my area. My girlfriend works at WM too, so I may be able to get 10% off. Not sure if employees can use their discount on guns or ammo though, she will find out Sunday.

LibertyPatriot
03-03-2012, 09:12
I was looking for the model specs on Colt's website. The LE6920 is only listed on the Consumer site, not the Law Enforcement site. Does that mean they are not truly meant for the LE market?

Silver_Bullet_00
03-03-2012, 09:36
I was looking for the model specs on Colt's website. The LE6920 is only listed on the Consumer site, not the Law Enforcement site. Does that mean they are not truly meant for the LE market?

It is marked Colt Defence which is the Government/LE manufacturer. Those marked Colt Manufacturing are the civilian manufactor for colt. Wether it is for the LE market or not, I don't care, as it is a nice rifle for civilians and LE

.50 cal
03-03-2012, 11:01
Just got back from a local gun show and a dealer had an LE6920 without the restricted LE/MIL markings on one side of the receiver, it was $1200

glockin-45
03-03-2012, 11:17
It is marked Colt Defence which is the Government/LE manufacturer. Those marked Colt Manufacturing are the civilian manufactor for colt. Wether it is for the LE market or not, I don't care, as it is a nice rifle for civilians and LE

+1, Congrats! Good lookin Rifle and nice pic's.

Glock 1
03-04-2012, 08:39
Alot of people don't know this but the Wal-Mart I worked at back in 91 was part of the reason Wal-Mart stopped selling guns all together.

They used to store guns in the back of the store near the outer doors used for the layaway trailers. Only managers had keys. One of our managers was sleeping with a night stocker who convinced her to "lose her key and not notice it for a day". He and his friends stole all the handguns and long guns out of this room through the stock doors that night.

A few days later, after the investigation had progressed far enough the ATF and FBI stormed the store while it was open closing all exits and not allowing anyone to leave for about an hour and a half. During this time they rounded up 7 of the 9 people who committed the crime or were accessories and let the store go back to normal operation.

The next 48 hours yielded the roundup of the other two. Only 4 guns were recovered.

Wal-Mart changed its policy shortly after that and pulled all the guns from all the stores. It was a few years before they came back.

I hated those employees because I used to spend my lunch hour playing with the guns in the gun case.

Restless28
03-04-2012, 09:46
My wife works there, and since we get the employee 10% discount, I could buy the Colt and, even after taxes, pay less than $1097. :whistling:

Sure would make a nice companion for my Daniel Defense. :whistling:

Javelin
03-04-2012, 13:13
My wife works there, and since we get the employee 10% discount, I could buy the Colt and, even after taxes, pay less than $1097. :whistling:

Sure would make a nice companion for my Daniel Defense. :whistling:

I have a feeling if you do that & purchase it ---> in 10 years you will be telling you kids about it.

Prices for quality manufactured firearms will be going up if only because of increased manufacturing costs.

series1811
03-04-2012, 13:49
I have a feeling if you do that & purchase it ---> in 10 years you will be telling you kids about it.

Prices for quality manufactured firearms will be going up if only because of increased manufacturing costs.

Yep. I bought pretty much that exact same model Colt for $500 in 1994 (law enforcement price).

r3dot
03-04-2012, 17:00
Walmart 30 miles from me has the LE model for 1059. Too bad I just ordered an AR last week!

Restless28
03-04-2012, 17:08
I just left my WMT here in NE Alabama. There are no Colts in the store or the special order books, neither are any of the ARs. There was a Bushy and a couple of .22 variants in the case. I MUST track this Colt down! I can be into it for $1080 after taxes and discount!

LibertyPatriot
03-04-2012, 22:22
I called a Walmart in my town and they had one. The one on display she said. Too bad I need to sell a couple Glocks first before I should buy. I don't NEED to sell first but that gives me more incentive to sell before I buy another firearm. Gun show coming up in a couple weeks so maybe I can move them there.

armedcitizen
03-05-2012, 14:53
Why would the quality be any less than a gun store Colt? The point of sale is most likely at least the third entity in the chain. Colt manufactures and sells to distributors, retailers (Walmart included) would get them from a distributer, correct? No way for Colt to know a particular rifle will wind up in a Walmart as opposed to a Cabela's or a locally owned gun store.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

barefoot
03-05-2012, 15:08
Only because it's true with a lot of lines that Walmart sells - for example, I remember a story about when they added the Levi's jeans to their inventory - Levi's had to come up with an entirely new line of jeans in order to meet WM's price point and still remain profitable. So the Levi's that you buy in Kohl's or Dillard's are not the same Levi's you'll find at Walmart.

Now, with a low volume item like the Colt 6920, I'm sure it's the same 6920 that you'd get from the local gun store.

I only know what I've heard, so I could be wrong on all of the above.

Javelin
03-05-2012, 15:12
Only because it's true with a lot of lines that Walmart sells - for example, I remember a story about when they added the Levi's jeans to their inventory - Levi's had to come up with an entirely new line of jeans in order to meet WM's price point and still remain profitable. So the Levi's that you buy in Kohl's or Dillard's are not the same Levi's you'll find at Walmart.

Now, with a low volume item like the Colt 6920, I'm sure it's the same 6920 that you'd get from the local gun store.

And let's not forget that Colt can and does meet .mil & government contracting for the last years upon years....

Which kind of makes Walmart's purchasing look like a small everyday customer in their eyes.

cyphertext
03-05-2012, 15:36
Wonder how many Colts Walmart has purchased, or has agreement to purchase. Is this a long term arrangement or a one time purchase?

barefoot
03-05-2012, 15:56
And let's not forget that Colt can and does meet .mil & government contracting for the last years upon years....

Which kind of makes Walmart's purchasing look like a small everyday customer in their eyes.

Yeah, Walmart is most definitely not a large outlet for Colt, like it is with most other manufacturers. (of jeans, towels, lampshades, etc)

.50 cal
03-05-2012, 16:05
Why would the quality be any less than a gun store Colt? The point of sale is most likely at least the third entity in the chain. Colt manufactures and sells to distributors, retailers (Walmart included) would get them from a distributer, correct? No way for Colt to know a particular rifle will wind up in a Walmart as opposed to a Cabela's or a locally owned gun store.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I heard the Colts from Walmart don't shoot as far :dunno:

Jack Black
03-05-2012, 16:23

It's well known that many brands manufacture specific models for WalMart. But those are completely different models with their own model number. It's not like WalMart is selling the 6921. They're selling the 6920. I would expect them to be the exact same, or someone is looking at a lawsuit.

Fwdftw
03-05-2012, 17:12
i did not see LE markings on the colt at my walmart

G30Mike
03-05-2012, 18:18
i did not see LE markings on the colt at my walmart

From what I've seen, the newer Colts don't come with those markings anymore. They are marked M4 Carbine with an LE prefix on the serial number.

wingspar
03-05-2012, 22:44
Well, itís a 160 mile round trip to the nearest Walmart for me, so after reading this thread, and threads just like this on other forums, I called them this morning. Donít carry them. Never have, and the person didnít know of any plans to carry them. I canít find any online, and Iíve called all gun stores within 3 hours of here. No one has one. I think Iíd have better luck finding a rare gold coin in the middle of the road. Is this a regional thing? Anyone seeing 6920's in Walmarts on the west coast?

fnfalman
03-06-2012, 00:20

Yes, you're wrong.

Nobody makes a "second-tier quality Wally Special". The Sako TRGS that I got from Wally World was the same Sako that I could have bought from a regular store. The Ruger Vaquero that I bought from Wally World was the same Vaquero in the regular gun store.

Javelin
03-06-2012, 00:24
Yes, you're wrong.

Nobody makes a "second-tier quality Wally Special". The Sako TRGS that I got from Wally World was the same Sako that I could have bought from a regular store. The Ruger Vaquero that I bought from Wally World was the same Vaquero in the regular gun store.

I'm not saying this happens with EVERYTHING... the Colt LE6920's I think will all be the same.

But I happen to know that if you look at your local big box retailer such as Wal-Mart or Costco you will kindly notice the model number. Then take a look at the manufacturer's website and you will not find that model number.... only that it is specific to Walmart/Sams or Costco.

And go to Best Buy, Sears, Vans, etc and you will not find that model number that is sold @ Walmart or Costco etc. Because those big stores have specific & often times skimped on electronics in those TVs.

barefoot
03-06-2012, 00:36
Yes, you're wrong.

Perhaps I am.

You, however, completely missed my point. Anything that counts as bread-and-butter sales items in Walmart is likely to be subject to this paradigm. I doubt that firearms figure highly in Walmart's sales figures. For every $1000 in gun sales, I'm sure they get a half-million dollars in the rest of the store/company. No I don't think Colt or Ruger or any other gun maker makes Walmart-only products as a rule. But then Walmart doesn't sell nearly as many guns for these companies that the LGS does.

series1811
03-06-2012, 05:02

I'm sure Colt had enough rifles sitting on a shelf somewhere to fill the Wal-Mart contract, and I'm sure they didn't get that excited about it.

My agency, and our sister agency, owned over 10,000 Colt ARs, and when we went into discussions about replacing them, Colt couldn't have been less interested. Next to the military sales, every other sale they do is peanuts.

GSSF17
03-06-2012, 08:03
My agency, and our sister agency, owned over 10,000 Colt ARs, and when we went into discussions about replacing them, Colt couldn't have been less interested. Next to the military sales, every other sale they do is peanuts.

You are not kidding. I kinda think it's a pee-poor attitude, but when you are "the top", you may as well act like it. I never thought much of their attitude, though. Oh well- turns out that you can now get a gallon of milk and a 6920 at the same store- good for Wal mart and the consumers, I guess.

Glock 1
03-06-2012, 20:01
I'm not saying this happens with EVERYTHING... the Colt LE6920's I think will all be the same.

But I happen to know that if you look at your local big box retailer such as Wal-Mart or Costco you will kindly notice the model number. Then take a look at the manufacturer's website and you will not find that model number.... only that it is specific to Walmart/Sams or Costco.

And go to Best Buy, Sears, Vans, etc and you will not find that model number that is sold @ Walmart or Costco etc. Because those big stores have specific & often times skimped on electronics in those TVs.

They do that for tracking purposes and so they know where it came from if it gets sent back. Should be the same product though.

LibertyPatriot
03-07-2012, 14:29
Went by and took a gander at a local WM. The lady that opened the cabinet for me said lots of folks have looked at it but nobody wants to fork over $1097 for it. They've had it for 3 weeks now. The Sig M400 Hunter next to it for $917 and no sights and 5rd mag, she said they've sold several of.

The pins on the Colt were free enough I could pop it open with just my hands. Lady was cool with me doing that too, much to my surprise.

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898da4-c541-112b.jpg

Glock 1
03-07-2012, 16:39
I don't suppose you are anywhere near Dallas are you?

M&P Shooter
03-07-2012, 16:46

HTC 4 Tapatalk
Your wife will never send you for milk again....LOL!!!!!!!!

LibertyPatriot
03-07-2012, 19:05
Sorry Glock 1, SWMO.
And I forgot the milk!

M&P Shooter
03-07-2012, 20:22
I forgot the milk!
Guess who's on the couch tonight with his new AR:rofl:

J/K........Nice deal on a nice weapon!

LibertyPatriot
03-08-2012, 12:43
Guess who's on the couch tonight with his new AR:rofl:

J/K........Nice deal on a nice weapon!

I didn't get the rifle yet. Just went to look and still forgot the milk. Need to sell some Glocks first. (I hate the sound of that!)

RJHUB
03-08-2012, 19:25
Went to a WM today to pick up a 870 tactical. They had the Colt LE 6920 for the 1097. I Love everything Colt but do not have a Colt AR. Decided to get it.
Was looking it over and noticed space between lower and upper and could flex in my hands. I popped pins out and back in.
Still had play. I left without it. Is this normal on that model?
Also had a slick glossy looking finish.

Still thinking about going back.

WoodenPlank
03-08-2012, 20:49
Went to a WM today to pick up a 870 tactical. They had the Colt LE 6920 for the 1097. I Love everything Colt but do not have a Colt AR. Decided to get it.
Was looking it over and noticed space between lower and upper and could flex in my hands. I popped pins out and back in.
Still had play. I left without it. Is this normal on that model?
Also had a slick glossy looking finish.

Still thinking about going back.

Play between the upper and lower is normal, and not that unusual. Don't sweat it. Avoid products like the Accu-Wedge, they can egg out the holes over time.

Bodyarmorguy
03-08-2012, 21:15

They do that for tracking purposes and so they know where it came from if it gets sent back. Should be the same product though.

This is done because of the price matching specials that big box stores offer, not because of skimping on quality. One will say "If you find the same model for a lower price we will match it." If you go to Best Buy and find a Samnsung 55" LED TV model number 123456 and then go to Costco and find the same Samsung TV it will have a model number of 123457. This keeps the retailer from having to match a price.

WoodenPlank
03-08-2012, 21:22
This is done because of the price matching specials that big box stores offer, not because of skimping on quality. One will say "If you find the same model for a lower price we will match it." If you go to Best Buy and find a Samnsung 55" LED TV model number 123456 and then go to Costco and find the same Samsung TV it will have a model number of 123457. This keeps the retailer from having to match a price.

Often times in computers a single component is changed (years ago, it was usually the modem) to make it a different model, thereby needing a different model number.

fnfalman
03-10-2012, 02:15
Perhaps I am.

You, however, completely missed my point. Anything that counts as bread-and-butter sales items in Walmart is likely to be subject to this paradigm. I doubt that firearms figure highly in Walmart's sales figures. For every $1000 in gun sales, I'm sure they get a half-million dollars in the rest of the store/company. No I don't think Colt or Ruger or any other gun maker makes Walmart-only products as a rule. But then Walmart doesn't sell nearly as many guns for these companies that the LGS does.

How do you know that Wally World doesn't sell as many guns as the LGS?

It was but maybe less than twenty years ago, Wal-Mart sold boatloads of guns, then they dialed back a bit. Now it looks like they're coming back with a vengeance. Plenty of people were buying up Glocks and whatever else at Wal-Mart back in the days.

series1811
03-10-2012, 07:07
How do you know that Wally World doesn't sell as many guns as the LGS?

It was but maybe less than twenty years ago, Wal-Mart sold boatloads of guns, then they dialed back a bit. Now it looks like they're coming back with a vengeance. Plenty of people were buying up Glocks and whatever else at Wal-Mart back in the days.

Having lived in different parts of the country, I have noticed that guns sales, and the gun department, are much bigger in the rural, southern, cities Wal-Marts, than they are up north.

I can see how somebody up north in a big city could think that Wal-Mart doesn't sell many guns. They do sell a lot down here, and always have.

svtpwnz
03-10-2012, 07:39

+1 there are several places that sell them for nearly $150 less.

cyphertext
03-10-2012, 08:58
+1 there are several places that sell them for nearly $150 less.

What brick and mortar store is selling them for $150 less? From what I have seen lately, all the online guys are out of stock.

A quoted price of $965 but no stock doesn't do a buyer any good.

Restless28
03-10-2012, 09:28
I have one that will be here Monday coming from Bud's Police Supply. With shipping insurance, I got it for $995 delivered. My FFL charges $20 for a transfer, so I'm happy.

svtpwnz
03-10-2012, 10:05
What brick and mortar store is selling them for $150 less? From what I have seen lately, all the online guys are out of stock.

A quoted price of $965 but no stock doesn't do a buyer any good.

Maybe not a brick and mortar store but several places on line are selling them for more than $100 less easy and my FFL only charges me $15 for transfers. Plus, you have to pay 8% tax on the rifle @ Wal Mart. I don't mind waiting a few weeks to save that kind of money.

SNH Glocks
03-10-2012, 21:06
The Wally World I stopped by today had DPMS, Windham Weaponry and Colt ARs in the case. I went home with the LE6920 for $1097.

.50 cal
03-10-2012, 22:42
The Wally World I stopped by today had DPMS, Windham Weaponry and Colt ARs in the case. I went home with the LE6920 for $1097.

Pics or it didn't happen :supergrin:

Congrats

G30Mike
03-10-2012, 23:01

Congrats on your Wal-Mart gun.:D

Seriously though, I think I'm going to pick one up too since the girlfriend works at WM and gets the 10% discount.

SNH Glocks
03-10-2012, 23:48
Pics or it didn't happen :supergrin:

Congrats

Here you go:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i177/bigdad01830/EBR/Public/Colt1.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i177/bigdad01830/EBR/Public/Colt2.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i177/bigdad01830/EBR/Public/Colt3.jpg

Restless28
03-11-2012, 07:02
Congrats on your Wal-Mart gun.:D

Seriously though, I think I'm going to pick one up too since the girlfriend works at WM and gets the 10% discount.

Careful there. I would be afraid that it could be troublesome for your GF. The discount card has her name on it, and using it for any sort of "straw" purchase on anything is grounds for termination. Now, if you were married to her, it's ok.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

SGTMTPD
03-11-2012, 08:23
I had this same rifle years ago, bought it for 750.00 in 1999, sold it in 2010 for 1200.00. Even though I don't like Wally World all that much I am glad to see them providing this kind of firearm for everyone to take home.

Bought a Rock river last year and havn't looked back. Colt's quality is not what it used to be but that's a whole other topic for discussion. My PD is phasing out everything but the RRA guns also.

G30Mike
03-11-2012, 15:03
Careful there. I would be afraid that it could be troublesome for your GF. The discount card has her name on it, and using it for any sort of "straw" purchase on anything is grounds for termination. Now, if you were married to her, it's ok.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

You're exactly right. I forgot that I can't take advantage of the discount unless we're married.....
I'm not getting married to save $100 on a Colt, no thanks! :D

WoodenPlank
03-11-2012, 17:58
You're exactly right. I forgot that I can't take advantage of the discount unless we're married.....
I'm not getting married to save $100 on a Colt, no thanks! :D

Private party sales/transfers are legal in many states. She can always buy the AR, then transfer it to you via whatever means are legal in your state.

Restless28
03-11-2012, 18:06
Private party sales/transfers are legal in many states. She can always buy the AR, then transfer it to you via whatever means are legal in your state.

Yes, but it is Wal-Mart policy to not straw purchase anything as an employee with the associate discount card. It's not worth the risk for her.

broham25
03-12-2012, 13:00
The Walmart in Titusville, Florida did in fact have a Colt 6920 for $1097. They also had a Bushmaster, a Sig and a Windham Weaponry.

He ain't lyin'...

LibertyPatriot
03-12-2012, 16:41
Looks like Bass Pro is trying to get in on the Colt action.

http://img.tapatalk.com/325360f7-7b60-f31f.jpg

Oh, and .22lr AR conversion kits too.

Restless28
03-12-2012, 16:50
Looks like Bass Pro is trying to get in on the Colt action.

http://img.tapatalk.com/325360f7-7b60-f31f.jpg

Oh, and .22lr AR conversion kits too.

Wal-Mart has em' beat by $100. :whistling:

WoodenPlank
03-12-2012, 17:31
"GO TACTICAL for more accuracy"

Bass Pro is really trying hard not to redeem themselves in my eyes, apparently.

LibertyPatriot
03-12-2012, 18:26
BPS is bad about swapping photos left to right and vice versa to fit a page layout instead of getting the right photo too. Notice how the photo is of the left side but they are showing like it is the right.

dotsun
03-15-2012, 18:47
Well I couldn't find the DD upper I wanted in stock anywhere so damn if I didn't just go to WallyWorld for some milk and a Colt. :supergrin:

http://www.ironjeep.com/photos/coltnew.jpg

Javelin
03-15-2012, 18:48
Wal-Mart has em' beat by $100. :whistling:

On pretty much everything too. :rofl:

Javelin
03-15-2012, 18:49
Well I couldn't find the DD upper I wanted in stock anywhere so damn if I didn't just go to WallyWorld for some milk and a Colt. :supergrin:

http://www.ironjeep.com/photos/coltnew.jpg

:thumbsup:

.50 cal
03-15-2012, 18:51
On pretty much everything too. :rofl:

they are short on people with common sense :whistling:

Restless28
03-15-2012, 19:25
Seems like Wal-Mart is the only place to have these in stock. Its also cool that they are not jacking up the price on them like a lot of firearms dealers like to do.

SNH Glocks
03-16-2012, 13:39
Brought mine to the range for the first time today, worked 100% with my reloads, no issues. Life is good.

dotsun
03-16-2012, 15:08
I'm looking forward to trying mine out tomorrow. Work was more miserable today knowing the Colt was sitting in the safe all lonely.

SNH Glocks
03-16-2012, 15:14
I took my M&P15 MOE along for comparison. It too ran 100% on my reloads and had no issues. With iron sights accuracy seemed the same. The stock on the Colt seems a bit stiff when tying to collapse or extend.

briana
03-16-2012, 19:15
I took my M&P15 MOE along for comparison. It too ran 100% on my reloads and had no issues. With iron sights accuracy seemed the same. The stock on the Colt seems a bit stiff when tying to collapse or extend.

Which store did you get yours from? I'm almost afraid to look at the stores in Gilford or Tilton for fear that I will bring one home. :cool:

SNH Glocks
03-16-2012, 19:28
Concord, I haven't seem them in any of the other Wally Worlds yet.

Two Guns
03-16-2012, 20:04
Concord, I haven't seem them in any of the other Wally Worlds yet.

Looks like I need to take a trip to Concord this week. And I don't even need another AR.

SNH Glocks
03-16-2012, 20:15
You might want to call first to make sure they are in stock. The sales people told me they only get a few at a time and they sell quickly.

Two Guns
03-16-2012, 20:30
You might want to call first to make sure they are in stock. The sales people told me they only get a few at a time and they sell quickly.

Thanks, I will call before I leave.

Z71bill
03-16-2012, 20:46

:

Walmart is already the #1 retailer of firearms in the USA - has been for years - IIRC they also sell more ammo than anyone else.

#1 private employer - #1 in gun sales - #1 in ammo sales

Walmart has a lot to hate :upeyes::rofl::tongueout:

Z71bill
03-16-2012, 20:58
It's well known that many brands manufacture specific models for WalMart. But those are completely different models with their own model number. It's not like WalMart is selling the 6921. They're selling the 6920. I would expect them to be the exact same, or someone is looking at a lawsuit.

I sold stuff to Walmart for 15 years -

We had different product codes - that is 100% correct -

Product inside the box was EXACTLY the same

This product code thing is driven by the MANUFACTURER - they don't want the retailers to ask - WHY are you selling the exact same product to WM?

It really pisses off some retailers when Walmart has stuff on their shelf priced less than what they can buy it for. :steamed:

The angry retail purchasing guy is told -

This product code is sold to anyone that wants 25,000 cases and will pick up at our factory.

They only want 2,500 cases and they want it delivered - so they say OK I don't want "that" code. :rofl:

dotsun
03-17-2012, 18:14
I got to shoot mine today and it was flawless. I also scored a magpul rear buis at the gun store here in town before the shoot.

barefoot
03-17-2012, 19:31
Walmart is already the #1 retailer of firearms in the USA - has been for years - IIRC they also sell more ammo than anyone else.

#1 private employer - #1 in gun sales - #1 in ammo sales

Walmart has a lot to hate :upeyes::rofl::tongueout:

I guess that's not really surprising, since they're the world's largest retailer, period. But just like consumer electronics and clothing, they sell (mostly) low-end broad-market stuff, and the Colt 6920 is a bit of an exception to that rule. Though not truly high-end, it is (by all accounts that I've heard/read) a solid product, a good deal at that price point, and one of the few things that would get me into a Walmart.

Speaking of which, I finally found a Walmart in my area that had one in stock. I'm quite tempted, but I'll be going to the big gun show this weekend to do some more research and get my hands on a few more variants and see if something really blows my skirt up.

Bimmer1
03-18-2012, 14:40
They have one at the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge, TN Wal-mart as well. Marked "M4 Carbine" "Colt Defense. Hartford, Conn." Model# on the box LE6920. Comes with a Rogers Super-Stoc.

SNH Glocks
03-18-2012, 17:06
I popped the handguards off today, the barrel is stamped 10/11 and the 2 20 round mags are stamped 9/11. I couldn't find any other date stamps.

nathanours
03-20-2012, 19:40
Weird how the stamp is changed. Mine says Colt's Law Enforcement Carbine. Wonder why these newer ones say M4 Carbine?

W.E.G.
03-20-2012, 20:00
Weird how the stamp is changed. Mine says Colt's Law Enforcement Carbine. Wonder why these newer ones say M4 Carbine?

Colt has been playing games with the rollmark on their AR-15 models since the 90's. Would you expect anything different now?

Next up is: "Match Target M4 ZOMBIE Plinker" youth model.
With purple furniture and stickers.

I got one with crop circles a couple years ago.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/rifle%20pics/AR-15/cropcircles.jpg

RJHUB
03-20-2012, 20:53
Walked away without one the other day.
Was in a different Walmart today getting Auto stuff and some ammo.
They had a Sig and a Windham AR in the case.
I asked the sales clerk if they ever get Colt AR's.
He said Yes I got one in the box in the back want to see it. I knew what was about to happen.

Got it.

Like I posted before. It has a little play between Upper and Lower. It even mentioned something about it might have a wedge that makes it hard to assemble. Didnt have one.
They must put those in from the factory if it is really sloppy. Do other top tier manufacturers have this big a tolerance on purpose? Reminds me of my loose glocks.
I know the bolt locks up nice and tight.
Finish looks great on this one.
I like the Rogers Super stock. Are these supposed to be any good? Never seen one before.

Cant wait to shoot my WALMART gun this weekend. :supergrin:

WoodenPlank
03-20-2012, 20:56
Walk away without one the other day.
Was in a different Walmart today getting Auto stuff and some ammo.
They had a Sig and a Windham AR in the case.
I asked the sales clerk if they ever get Colt AR's.
He said Yes I got one in the box in the back want to see it. I knew what was about to happen.

Got it.

Like I posted before. It has a little play between Upper and Lower. It even mentioned something about it might have a wedge that makes it hard to assemble.
They must put those in from the factory if it is really sloppy. Do other top tier manufacturers have this big a tolerance on purpose? Reminds me of my loose glocks.
I know the bolt locks up nice and tight.
Finish looks great on this one.
I like the Rogers Super stock. Are these supposed to be any good? Never seen one before.

Cant wait to shoot my WALMART gun this weekend. :supergrin:

I've never heard of an AR company shipping a rifle with an Accu-wedge or anything similar installed. Even if there is a little play between upper and lower, it will not affect accuracy, but it CAN damage your lower over time. Avoid them.

RJHUB
03-20-2012, 21:15
Thanks Woodenplank. I remember you saying that earlier.
I agree that would eventually do more harm than good. I will stay away.

Has anyone ever had a wedge in a Colt from Manuf?

Mine did not have the wedge. Just mentioned in manual that some models have the wedge to make union tighter.
Wonder what model that is?

nathanours
03-21-2012, 13:02
Colt has been playing games with the rollmark on their AR-15 models since the 90's. Would you expect anything different now?

Next up is: "Match Target M4 ZOMBIE Plinker" youth model.
With purple furniture and stickers.

I got one with crop circles a couple years ago.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/rifle%20pics/AR-15/cropcircles.jpg

Hey I think mine is cousin to yours. It has the crop circles too, and my serial number also starts with 06:

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss199/glock19_9mm/IMAG0070.jpg

Here is it's other side:

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss199/glock19_9mm/IMAG0071.jpg

copenhagen2001
03-21-2012, 15:42
Thanks Woodenplank. I remember you saying that earlier.
I agree that would eventually do more harm than good. I will stay away.

Has anyone ever had a wedge in a Colt from Manuf?

Mine did not have the wedge. Just mentioned in manual that some models have the wedge to make union tighter.
Wonder what model that is?

Unless they make different style shapes, size wedges,mine won't except a wedge. It has a cross member, or support in it.http://img.tapatalk.com/474c9217-4b1c-b0e6.jpg

HTC 4 Tapatalk

SNH Glocks
03-29-2012, 20:14
Thanks, I will call before I leave.

I was at the Concord Wally World tonight and they had a Colt in the case, same price as before. Pretty poor selection of ammo though!

TedG
03-30-2012, 08:35
For what it's worth, I retired from the largest manufacturer of vitamins and supplements in the United States, and maybe the world. Walmart was our largest single customer. I'm talking 10's of millions in dollars.

They sell the vitamins and supplements under their own brand name Spring Valley. When we filled the WM brand order, they received the exact same materials that we bottled for GNC and Dollar General. The quality and control was exactly the same for the higher priced GNC and the bargain store, Dollar General. Walmart's product was also exactly the same.

Just because Walmart is a "discount store" doesn't mean that quality is sacrificed for sales price. And, with that in mind, I seriously doubt that any Colt sold at Walmart will be any less of a rifle than the Colt purchased on-line or from your LGS.

As I said, take it for what it's worth.

Airhasz
03-30-2012, 10:11
From what I've seen, the newer Colts don't come with those markings anymore. They are marked M4 Carbine with an LE prefix on the serial number.

Bought one new a week ago at LGS and that's exactly how mine is marked..M4A1 Carbine/LE Prefix

Airhasz
03-30-2012, 10:16
You are not kidding. I kinda think it's a pee-poor attitude, but when you are "the top", you may as well act like it. I never thought much of their attitude, though. Oh well- turns out that you can now get a gallon of milk and a 6920 at the same store- good for Wal mart and the consumers, I guess.

Couldn't care less where you buy your 6920... Either got one or you don't :yawn:

hotpig
03-30-2012, 11:03
Not everything you buy at a discount store will be lesser quality like TedG posted. Other than packaging amount there does not seem to be any cost effective way to change vitamins.

Other items like a TV you can cut the cost. Wang Mart is good for cheap one that last a couple of years or so. or you could spend a little more and buy the same tv elsewhere and get a good one that will last many years.

Guns will eventually be the same, ask Remington. The consequences of dealing with these people just may not work for every mfg.

RJHUB
03-30-2012, 19:27
Mine only has M4 Carbine and an LE#####.
The other side is blank. I wish it had the Restricted marks. It is from Colt Defense, Hartford.
Barrel stamped 12/11. Mags stamped 9/11.

SNH Glocks
05-29-2012, 21:15
Couldn't care less where you buy your 6920... Either got one or you don't :yawn:

Good point. I liked my first one so much I went back and bought another!

They also had a SIG M400 there that looked interesting and the price was only $917 but I have heard too many horror stories about recent SIG products.

WoodenPlank
05-29-2012, 21:19
Good point. I liked my first one so much I went back and bought another!

They also had a SIG M400 there that looked interesting and the price was only $917 but I have heard too many horror stories about recent SIG products.

$917 for a mostly unproven DGI AR is a bit ridiculous, even from SIG.

SNH Glocks
05-29-2012, 21:30
$917 for a mostly unproven DGI AR is a bit ridiculous, even from SIG.

Yup, but $1097 for the Colt wasn't bad. I asked for an unopened box as I preferred not to buy the display model and they were very accommodating.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i177/bigdad01830/Second%20Colt%20LE6920/DSCF2349.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i177/bigdad01830/Second%20Colt%20LE6920/DSCF2350.jpg

Airhasz
05-29-2012, 21:36
[QUOTE=SNH Glocks;19028075]Good point. I liked my first one so much I went back and bought another!

My Colt is now lonely...lol

WoodenPlank
05-29-2012, 21:42
Yup, but $1097 for the Colt wasn't bad. I asked for an unopened box as I preferred not to buy the display model and they were very accommodating.

For the money, I'd rather go with Bravo, but there's not a damn thing wrong with a 6920 at that price.

SNH Glocks
05-29-2012, 21:50
My Colt is now lonely...lol

I'm hoping my pair will reproduce in the gun safe!

Matthew Courtney
05-29-2012, 22:10
Yes, but it is Wal-Mart policy to not straw purchase anything as an employee with the associate discount card. It's not worth the risk for her.

Since when is the loss of a job at Walmart exceed the value of the $109.70? If jobs like Walmart offers are hard to find, perhaps the economy is worse than we thought. My wife still cannot a house keeper who will work for 5 hours for under 80 bucks.

Airhasz
05-29-2012, 22:10
I'm hoping my pair will reproduce in the gun safe!

:rofl:, try to get a pic....:rofl:

Matthew Courtney
05-29-2012, 22:15

I bought my second gun ever at Walmart. It was a Colt Mustang .380 for $350. The Walmarts in my area stopped selling not long after that and they still don't.

Durden
05-29-2012, 22:35

HTC 4 Tapatalk

Very, very nice.

I'm not looking to add to my AR collection now as I honestly believe big changes are coming to the platform (hence Colt selling its TDP to FN a while back and the rumor mill is whirring again), and I really couldn't get used to anything but my very tight SOPMOD on my LMT, but I'm really surprised to see Walmart selling a LE6920.

Whether there's an ounce of difference between the SP and LE in the 6920 I do not know, but it's interesting that Walmart is selling a black rifle from Colt marked "for LE only."

WoodenPlank
05-29-2012, 22:50
Very, very nice.

I'm not looking to add to my AR collection now as I honestly believe big changes are coming to the platform (hence Colt selling its TDP to FN a while back and the rumor mill is whirring again), and I really couldn't get used to anything but my very tight SOPMOD on my LMT, but I'm really surprised to see Walmart selling a LE6920.

Whether there's an ounce of difference between the SP and LE in the 6920 I do not know, but it's interesting that Walmart is selling a black rifle from Colt marked "for LE only."

FN has had the TDP for quite some time. Until Remington got a contract for M4s, Colt, FN and Sabre were the only three companies with access to it. I don't think anyone can "sell" the TDP to another company, the specs are provided by US DoD.

Colt discontinued the SP line - all Colt ARs are now under the LE line, and the LEO only markings were dropped completely.

Durden
05-29-2012, 23:05
FN has had the TDP for quite some time. Until Remington got a contract for M4s, Colt, FN and Sabre were the only three companies with access to it. I don't think anyone can "sell" the TDP to another company, the specs are provided by US DoD.

Colt discontinued the SP line - all Colt ARs are now under the LE line, and the LEO only markings were dropped completely.

Thanks for that clarification.

Given what you said, it would appear that it's possible that Colt is leaping at the chance to grab more customers and market share amongst civilians, as they're now apparently selling 6920s at Walmart with a Law Enforcement designation on the box, at least (I realize there are no LE Only rollmarks on the weapon).

This raises a whole host of other questions in my mind, since Colt essentially shunned civilian sales for as long as I can remember, and now has apparently had a big change of heart.

Snaps
05-29-2012, 23:11
I just saw one for hte first time tonight. I don't believe Colt makes factory seconds so i'd buy one. Issue with these are they're some kinda different stocks than the factory.

Snaps
05-29-2012, 23:12

might be older guns, Colt supposedly discontinued that stamping

Matthew Courtney
05-30-2012, 00:17

If you are referencing legal access to the TDP, you are correct, but Bushmaster has had it since the 65 rifle contract in 1991. For those who think its an urban legend or Internet rumor, an offer of proof in the court records of Colt v. Bushmaster.

http://www.ca1.uscourts.gov/pdf.opinions/06-1696-01A.pdf

cyphertext
05-30-2012, 06:44
I just saw one for hte first time tonight. I don't believe Colt makes factory seconds so i'd buy one. Issue with these are they're some kinda different stocks than the factory.

How are they different? Looks like the same Roger's Super-Stock that Colt is using as their standard stock now.

itstime
05-30-2012, 06:55
No wallys sell guns around us. On Memorial day had a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. Put the spare on and headed to the closest Wally's.

Walking around they sold guns. Yippy. But dang. No Colts.

Boy if they did I would have walked back to the tire center where my GF was waiting with a big Colt box. Don't worry she would have laughed.

cowboy1964
05-30-2012, 08:40
Is there a list somewhere of what Walmarts sell A) no guns, B) some guns, and C) all guns?

Snaps
05-30-2012, 13:24
How are they different? Looks like the same Roger's Super-Stock that Colt is using as their standard stock now.

I believe the std 6920 still uses the normal stock and the rogers is a variation like the magpul ones. I'm still seeing the normal stocks on em in stores at least

glocksterr
05-30-2012, 13:50
NOS perhaps...

or maybe they couldnt keep up with production...

FatBoy
05-30-2012, 14:11
I believe the std 6920 still uses the normal stock and the rogers is a variation like the magpul ones. I'm still seeing the normal stocks on em in stores at least

I stole this pic from Colts site for the LE6920...

http://www.coltsmfg.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Mf6G_2pAjJA%3d&tabid=194&mid=711

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtRifles/ColtCarbinesI.aspx

Your LGS must have Old stock of new stocks.:faint:

SNH Glocks
05-30-2012, 17:50
I stole this pic from Colts site for the LE6920...

http://www.coltsmfg.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Mf6G_2pAjJA%3d&tabid=194&mid=711

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtRifles/ColtCarbinesI.aspx

Yup, that's what both of mine look like, same stock.

Snaps
05-30-2012, 18:38
That'd suck. Maybe i should buy another one from ratworx while they still have 'em.

ddbtoth
05-30-2012, 21:08

No joke, if you want a Colt, can't find one cheaper, find one at the WalMart, and don't buy it--you're a moron.

copenhagen2001
05-30-2012, 23:56
I got rid of the Rogers Super stock, I went old school w/a Colt m4 stock.http://img.tapatalk.com/980b58fe-07cf-2441.jpg

HTC EVO 4 using TapaTalk

Airhasz
05-31-2012, 08:20
[QUOTE=dotsun;18715604]Well I couldn't find the DD upper I wanted in stock anywhere so damn if I didn't just go to WallyWorld for some milk and a Colt. :supergrin:

Ah, the convienence of modern day shopping...:rofl:

ddbtoth
05-31-2012, 14:09
[QUOTE=dotsun;18715604]Well I couldn't find the DD upper I wanted in stock anywhere so damn if I didn't just go to WallyWorld for some milk and a Colt. :supergrin:

10 years from now we will be looking back at these threads going "Man, can you believe we could actually buy Colts at WalMart?"

dotsun
05-31-2012, 18:15

[quote=Airhasz;19033994]

10 years from now we will be looking back at these threads going "Man, can you believe we could actually buy Colts at WalMart?"

I know, right? I REALLY wanted a DD or BCM mid length but I guess the Mayans conspired with the big O to sell them all out right when I went looking. Guess that means another build post-EOTW/election next year. :supergrin:

4TS&W
05-31-2012, 18:30
Wait, does Colt have a factory in China now? :)

fowler
06-01-2012, 17:45
Colts not a top pick in a AR company. They lost the major goverment contract a long time ago for crappy M16,s.http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/04/23/army-buying-m4-carbines-from-remington-colt-still-earning-royalties-for-m16-design/

Restless28
06-01-2012, 18:05
Colts not a top pick in a AR company. They lost the major goverment contract a long time ago for crappy M16,s.http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/04/23/army-buying-m4-carbines-from-remington-colt-still-earning-royalties-for-m16-design/

Oh fowler, you do say the most ridiculous stuff about guns on GT. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Trey83
06-01-2012, 18:17

That article is a month old so how is that a long time ago. Also where did that say anything about poor quality coming from Colt? My guess is Remington merely undercut Colt's pricing.

Never heard anything bad about Colt personally.

fowler
06-01-2012, 19:09
FN is the biggest contracter for a few decades. Colt is not the big player here. Second rate for sure.

RocPO
06-01-2012, 19:27
FN is the biggest contracter for a few decades. Colt is not the big player here. Second rate for sure.

Second rate? Surely you jest. Just FYI the .gov buys from whoever wins the contract, which is usually from the lowest bidder

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

fowler
06-02-2012, 07:40
Fn USA mades a better rifle. Colt had Q issues.

whitebread
06-02-2012, 08:00
Fn USA mades a better rifle. Colt had Q issues.

What is your source for this statement?

Glockdude1
06-02-2012, 08:04
Wait, does Colt have a factory in China now? :)

Can you imagine a Norinco M16 in the hands of U.S. troops?

:wow:

Snaps
06-02-2012, 21:17

Strange, all those rifles I had in my Armory were Colts.

tango44
06-03-2012, 08:34
My local Wally World does not carry guns, anyway I don't use mine much as I should do, pay $1,300 for mine at a LGS.

Airhasz
06-03-2012, 09:17
Browsing sport section at WM yesterday and sure enough 6920 behind the glass...along with M&P, BM, Sig and DPMS....something for everyone...lol

turrican
06-05-2012, 23:47

Colt set the standard all other brands are compared to. You can spend more for more features but the standard for materials and testing in manufacturing was set by Colt. Some companies like Noveske try to do better with innovation, others like DPMS fall way short but Colt is the mark by which all others are judged.
And for the price they are selling 6920s these days nobody can touch it. I would love to buy one at Wal Mart. Hope they have them in Az.

D.S.Brown
06-06-2012, 06:32
Saw two AR-15's in a Walmart in Mansfield Texas. A Colt 6920 going for $1097, and a Sig Sauer M400 with OD green furniture going for $917. On the Sig they have it mislabeled as the M400 Hunter, but it's really the enhanced carbine with all magpul furniture, again in od green.

Best,

Dave

RJHUB
06-06-2012, 08:59
I bought a Colt 6920 at a distant Walmart a few months ago and have bought other long guns there. I was in the walmart close to the house buying ammo and they were installing a gun display cabinet. Manager said they would be stocking and selling guns by end of the month.:supergrin:
Same store sold guns when they first opened about 10years ago.

Teej
08-11-2012, 17:49
Saw two AR-15's in a Walmart in Mansfield Texas. A Colt 6920 going for $1097, and a Sig Sauer M400 with OD green furniture going for $917. On the Sig they have it mislabeled as the M400 Hunter, but it's really the enhanced carbine with all magpul furniture, again in od green.

Best,

Dave

Thats what I'm wanting to get the Sig Enhanced M400, BUT I just started my daughter with braces and finalizing my divorce. Looks like it will be next summer before I can buy anything if even then... :crying:

I like the rear sight setup it comes with. Was shocked to see Walmart carrying it. Have you heard reviews on the M400? I searched GT but didn't really find anything.

WoodenPlank
08-11-2012, 18:22
Thats what I'm wanting to get the Sig Enhanced M400, BUT I just started my daughter with braces and finalizing my divorce. Looks like it will be next summer before I can buy anything if even then... :crying:

I like the rear sight setup it comes with. Was shocked to see Walmart carrying it. Have you heard reviews on the M400? I searched GT but didn't really find anything.

Even at the Wal_mart price, I'd take the Colt over a SIG. SIG is still new to the DI AR market. I'm always wary of any new manufacturer out there (even established companies starting to build ARs) until they have had time to prove they van build their way out of a wet paper bag.

D.S.Brown
08-11-2012, 21:32
Teej,

For what it's worth I've read more than a few articles about it that have very been positive. I had one on lay-a-way at the range I do some part time instruction at. It was the enhanced version. I would have purchased it, but the same range was able to get me a BCM instead, so I went with that to back up my Daniel Defense.

You may want to go to SWAT magazine and look up an article by Denny Hansen, and his 3 months with one, and read what he said about it. Also head on over to Sigforum and do a search. There is a guy that goes by Micropterus that has more than a few posts regarding his M400. I know it's a very small sampling, however I wouldn't feel inadequately defended if I had one. The phrase "you could do far worse" comes immediately to mind. But be advised as to what WoodenPlank stated in his post. Sig has been in the direct impingement game for two years. Still I think you could do worse than an M400.

Best,

Dave