Raven CS holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Raven CS holster

DesertEagle
02-28-2012, 19:56
Well my Raven Concealment is on the way. Got the owb pancake wings as well as the IWB and OWB loops, figure in for a penny, add a pound of customization options. Whole point of a modular holster right.

Looking forward to a new "shiny" in the mail soon.

My Tucker for my 1911 I don't expect for a few more months :D

DesertEagle
03-03-2012, 11:21
Well it came yesterday while I was at work. Ordered 1/28, came 3/2. Not bad. Holster looks sturdy, and I feel like it tucks as close as my iwb leather, but a heck of a lot more comfortable. And that's comparing the Raven w/ a 17 vs the iwb w/ a 23.

Very very nice holster.

Rustin
03-03-2012, 12:10
Did you get a model that offered quick shipping? I know they do this now for glocks and S&W M&P's.

viper144
03-03-2012, 13:24
Excellent choose.....I have two and switch them both from summer IWB to winter OWB. One for the 26 and one for the 19.

ratf51
03-03-2012, 15:46
You'll not regret your purchase. I have 2, a Phantom and a Phantom LC. Nice to know that someone else in town is totin' in a Raven.

DesertEagle
03-03-2012, 17:18
Did you get a model that offered quick shipping? I know they do this now for glocks and S&W M&P's.

Yes I chose the quickship for the g17. Figure with the 17 sized holster I can carry the 17 or the 23 fine and have even more options with the 1 holster.

I don't for one second regret dropping the money on the Tucker for the nice leather, there's something about stainless 1911 with nice cocobolo grips that just cries for a dark cherry leather rig with stamping :cool: But the Raven is a very functional and comfortable holster, for the practical pistols. As I said originally, I've got a Down Under iwb for my 23, and I've used it for years. Always thought of myself as more of a "leather" man. Just something about the old west gestalt or something, "gun on the hip = leather" type deal. But the Raven has definately opened my eyes. Leather will always have a soft spot, classic is classic, no matter what - but I now accept Kydex as a legitimate answer as well ;)

It was AGAF's thread from back in august asking for opinons and the pics Mikekjg posted of his rig that convinced me to give them a try, and boy am I glad I overcame my "plastic prejudice" and did so.

If anyone else is on the fence, I highly recommend giving them a try. They say a happy customer is the best advertising - in my case, they're probably right. I've already had a few friends check it out and I think they're looking at working one into the budget as well.

mgentry
03-03-2012, 20:48
I had worn my Raven before I ordered the wings for it. After I received the wings and put them on, I did not like the holster with the wings as well as without the wings. I sure like my Raven holster - they are outstanding. I got one for my Glocks (19 and 23) and one for my Sig P229s. Did you get the mag carriers - they are real nice also. Enjoy!

ratf51
03-03-2012, 21:26
I had worn my Raven before I ordered the wings for it. After I received the wings and put them on, I did not like the holster with the wings as well as without the wings. I sure like my Raven holster - they are outstanding. I got one for my Glocks (19 and 23) and one for my Sig P229s. Did you get the mag carriers - they are real nice also. Enjoy!

Try it with a regular loop on the front and a wing on the back. It is more comfortable (in my opinion) than both wings but still tucks the back/grip/butt of the gun in closer to the body. I carry a Combat Commander this way and have found this to be a very functional set-up.

DesertEagle
03-04-2012, 00:33
Try it with a regular loop on the front and a wing on the back. It is more comfortable (in my opinion) than both wings but still tucks the back/grip/butt of the gun in closer to the body. I carry a Combat Commander this way and have found this to be a very functional set-up.

Yeah i did get the single mag carrier as well, it's not here yet though, had to do 2 orders on 2 paychecks. The first paycheck I did both the Raven order and the Tucker order, and so the extra mag carrier had to wait till another deposit hit :tongueout: