Is the G31C available in Gen 4 yet? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is the G31C available in Gen 4 yet?

CC Vegas
03-01-2012, 19:15
I'm loving my G33 Gen 3 as my primary CC weapon, (Ti Taurus .38 as my second), but I'm really thinking about getting a G31 with the compensated barrel as my bedside gun. I have an XD45 with a light on it now, and it's fine for that purpose, but I just dig the ballistics of the .357 Sig cartridge.

I went to the Glock site and they listed the G31 as available in Gen 4, but I didn't see any mention of the 'C' model.

jeffreybehr
03-02-2012, 10:29
I'm really thinking about getting a G31 with the compensated barrel as my bedside gun.

If you ever shoot a compensated 357SIG pistol in a room and without hearing protection, you may well damage both eardums. I wouldn't get anywhere near a compensated pistol for PD.

CC Vegas
03-05-2012, 10:47
If you ever shoot a compensated 357SIG pistol in a room and without hearing protection, you may well damage both eardums. I wouldn't get anywhere near a compensated pistol for PD.

Good point, I'm a sound engineer by trade. Right now my bedside gun is a XD45 Tact, and I guess I could keep that, but was planning on selling it to fund the G31. Maybe I'll take my SPL meter to an indoor range and test them both.

PghJim
03-06-2012, 10:38
Do not go with the G31C. In reality, your effective barrel length will be where the first hole stops because pressure will drop from there. I doubt if you will get much more velocity than your G33, and have a lot of noise and flash. It is always better to put the compensator at the end of the barrel. I do not think the "C" is out yet. One of the dealers in my area carries all of the Glock that are available and he does not have a "C" version of the Gen 4 G31.