ALG Defense Combat Trigger - ACT [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ALG Defense Combat Trigger - ACT

HAIL CAESAR
03-02-2012, 00:28
Just thought I say a few words about the new ALG trigger I got last week.

WOW.

It is pricey for a Mil-Spec type trigger but it is the smoooothest trigger of it's type I have ever tried. Imagine a Mil-Spec trigger with a short pull that feels like it is on bearings.

It is just that, a Mil-Spec trigger. But they have taken that trigger and polished the contact points to a darn near mirror finish and finished in something they call " HardLubing"

No long term test, but I have shoot a hundred or so .223 and the youngsters have tore it up with a .22LR upper. It hasn't broken yet, and I wouldn't expect it to being a Mil_Spec trigger.

mvician
03-02-2012, 11:24
Mine should be arriving any time now.

humanguerrilla
03-02-2012, 16:01
The other day I was thinking that it would be awesome if Bill Springfield sold a trigger worked electroless nickel package like the Spike's Battletrigger at a good price for builds you don't want to put an expensive trigger in. This could be the ticket. I strongly prefer single stage triggers. I even have a very nice Geissele that after shooting it for awhile I've determined it will soon be replaced with a JP.

glock031
03-02-2012, 21:01
I installed my "act" trigger a few days ago. My pull averages out at 5lbs-15ozs. Not sure if this is the the proper terminalgy but mine has absolutly no take up at all. Just a clean break. I think it's the perfect trigger for those that don't like too light of a pull or two stage.

HAIL CAESAR
03-02-2012, 21:50
Mine is right at 5 1/2 pounds and very, very little take up.

Jack Black
03-03-2012, 01:52
I don't know. Having absolutely no take up doesn't sound like a good thing to me.

GSSF17
03-03-2012, 10:18
I don't know. Having absolutely no take up doesn't sound like a good thing to me.

I'll take it. I actually prefer a GI trigger with a bit of my stone work and the JP enterprises springs. I have my Noveske set up this way, with no creep and a crisp break at 3.82 lbs.

I have been thinking of trying ALG's products...

HAIL CAESAR
03-03-2012, 12:58

Oh, it does have it. It is just not a lot. And what their is...it is smooth.

I'll try and get some measurements sometime of the ALG and a stock trigger. I bet the take up is near the same, but with the ALG being so smooth you don't notice the take-up as much as with a gritty stock trigger.

It is a safe trigger to use. It is not a target trigger by no means.

Jack Black
03-03-2012, 13:21
Oh, it does have it. It is just not a lot. And what their is...it is smooth.

I'll try and get some measurements sometime of the ALG and a stock trigger. I bet the take up is near the same, but with the ALG being so smooth you don't notice the take-up as much as with a gritty stock trigger.

It is a safe trigger to use. It is not a target trigger by no means.

I was more referring to glock031 who said his had absolutely no take up.

Measurements would be great as I'm interested in this trigger.

HAIL CAESAR
03-03-2012, 14:49
Jack I spent 10 minutes trying to measure the trigger travel between the ALG and 2 Mil-Spec Colts and one Spikes I have. I can't seem to get an accurate reading consistently. I may take the guns down and take the hammer springs out and grip off and try that.

But under close "eyeballing" both types of trigger side by side I think I will have to eat some crow and say the ALG has the same take up (or slightly less) than the stock triggers.

The ALG gives the feeling of very little take up because of the smoothness of it.

DirectDrive
03-03-2012, 15:43
It is pricey for a Mil-Spec type trigger
$45 pricey for a a Geiselle-tuned trigger ??
I think not !

Glad to see a less expensive trigger alternative.

NeverMore1701
03-03-2012, 15:48
This is the guy who runs Geissele's wife's company that works over mil-spec triggers, right? Might have to try one, been waiting to hear what people think of them.

glock031
03-03-2012, 15:57
I was more referring to glock031 who said his had absolutely no take up.

Measurements would be great as I'm interested in this trigger.

Jack, what i was trying to convey was there is no play in my Act trigger. The only rearward movement is the break. Like its set right at the break. Not sure if others are like this or not but i like it. I probably will buy four more and replace all my ar triggers with these. The act triggers are $65.

HAIL CAESAR
03-03-2012, 15:58
$45 pricey for a a Geiselle-tuned trigger ??
I think not !

Glad to see a less expensive trigger alternative.

Some will think it is expensive, some cheap.
I am glad about any new product. Even the crappy ones, just shows there are people doing something.

This is the guy who runs Geissele's wife's company that works over mil-spec triggers, right? Might have to try one, been waiting to hear what people think of them.

That is my understanding yes. It is the wife's company.

glock031
03-03-2012, 16:01

It is claimed he put this company under his wifes name to get more defense & LE contracts due to affirmative action the gov takes into account.

NeverMore1701
03-03-2012, 16:08
It is claimed he put this company under his wifes name to get more defense & LE contracts due to affirmative action the gov takes into account.

More power to him.

HAIL CAESAR
03-03-2012, 16:16

I have NO idea if that is true, but if I was in business it is what I would do.

When I was in we had to buy stuff from a black woman's company for 6 bucks a pop that I could run down to K-Mart and buy for $4.:rofl:

Jack Black
03-03-2012, 16:19
Jack I spent 10 minutes trying to measure the trigger travel between the ALG and 2 Mil-Spec Colts and one Spikes I have. I can't seem to get an accurate reading consistently. I may take the guns down and take the hammer springs out and grip off and try that.

But under close "eyeballing" both types of trigger side by side I think I will have to eat some crow and say the ALG has the same take up (or slightly less) than the stock triggers.

The ALG gives the feeling of very little take up because of the smoothness of it.

Thanks. Very interesting. I'm reluctant to spend the money on something like an SSA. If my rifle was more of a precision rig with a stainless barrel and high power scope I could see it, but I have a standard BCM upper and barrel with a red dot. The ALG might be the perfect fit.

pag23
03-03-2012, 17:50
I don't have a problem with the stock trigger on mine, but after hearing how smooth the SSA is (a few people I know have them) and then reading this post, it might be something to look into (plus I live near the location)....

Those of you have have used the SSA & the ACT... what are the differences?

surf
03-04-2012, 01:37
I am also waiting on my ACT to test and eval.

mvician
03-04-2012, 08:05
Great reviews here...........

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3706-ALG-Defense-QMS-amp-ACT-Triggers-Tuned-by-Geissele

video here on GearScout TV

http://www.defensenews.com/VideoNetwork/1445675284001/GSTV-ALG-Combat-Trigger

GRJfer
03-04-2012, 14:18
Really have been looking at the trigger for my S&W MP15. I too like a single stage trigger, just what I'm used to.

I am some what on the fence between the ALG, or sending my FCG to Bill Springfield. Any thoughts?

mvician
03-05-2012, 14:09
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/AR/P1150898.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/AR/P1150904.jpg

:cool:

m2hmghb
04-22-2012, 16:38
Anyone have links to where they're being sold?

DirectDrive
04-22-2012, 17:55
Anyone have links to where they're being sold?
Check Rainier Arms and/or Palmetto State Armory.