Spring Break Travel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break Travel

nacskins
03-02-2012, 22:14
I am a TEXAS CHL licensed. My family and I are driving from TX to DE for spring Break. I am new to CHL and am curious if anyone knows of any laws in other states that i might need to pay special attention to. Before we cross into MD i will unholster, unload and store my firearm in the back until we cross back into DE. Any and all advice welcome.

Blaster
03-02-2012, 22:31
Plan your route and familiarize yourself with the laws of each state you will be traveling through. http://www.handgunlaw.us/ I would go to each individual state's web site to verify data.

Make sure you have carry permits that cover the states on your route.

nacskins
03-02-2012, 22:58
Yup already doing so. Texas CHL is good for all states we travel thru except for MD.

kensteele
03-03-2012, 13:37
Write your congressperson and let them know you need one comprehensive law across all states that cover law-abiding ccw travelers when they leave their homes as they cross thousands of jurisdictions where they can't be completely aware of the all the current rules, policies, ordinances, customs, statutes, and laws.

Tell your congressperson you need protection from anti-left liberals, corrupt state governments, over-zealous law enforcement, anti-gun citizens, and uncaring gun owners as well as hardcore criminals on every street corner in every town who's job it is to turn you into a felon and eventually strip you of your rights to carry for self-protection.

Currently there is a federal law that covers you but your weapon must be unloaded and out of reach and you have to be legal from the start to the end without stopping. Plus that federal law is ignored at will so it's long on language and weak on actual protection where it's needed the most (at the traffic stop).

Write your congressperson and ask for relief before it is too late. Have a safe trip.

xmanhockey7
03-03-2012, 14:35
Write your congressperson and let them know you need one comprehensive law across all states that cover law-abiding ccw travelers when they leave their homes as they cross thousands of jurisdictions where they can't be completely aware of the all the current rules, policies, ordinances, customs, statutes, and laws.

Tell your congressperson you need protection from anti-left liberals, corrupt state governments, over-zealous law enforcement, anti-gun citizens, and uncaring gun owners as well as hardcore criminals on every street corner in every town who's job it is to turn you into a felon and eventually strip you of your rights to carry for self-protection.

Currently there is a federal law that covers you but your weapon must be unloaded and out of reach and you have to be legal from the start to the end without stopping. Plus that federal law is ignored at will so it's long on language and weak on actual protection where it's needed the most (at the traffic stop).

Write your congressperson and ask for relief before it is too late. Have a safe trip.

I assume you're referring to the National Right to Carry Act. Even if that does become law one is still responsible for knowing the laws of the state which they are entering.