Washington DC blinks. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC blinks.

Gallium
03-03-2012, 00:13
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/29/victory-for-gun-rights-in-dc/

Cliff notes: A lot of the bull**** requirements imposed by the powers that be are going the way of the do-do bird.

A bit odd that none of my "news savvy" brethen did not stumble across this to share with us.

Me personally, I think it's fantastic news. Word is, the Washington Times is taking a lot of credit for catalyzing some of these changes, from their "Emily gets her gun" series - http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/

Changes include:

Elimination of 5-hr training requirement
Removes ammo restrictions for registered gun owners
No requirement for vision tests, or ballistic tests
Suspend the registration renewal section of the law

/G

BrewerGeorge
03-03-2012, 00:16
I think Emily DOES deserve a lot of credit for this. She spoke in front of them a couple of times, at least, and she's made them look like fools to the whole country.

SouthernBoyVA
03-03-2012, 09:08
I just wish she'd move here to Virginia where she not only wouldn't have to put up with all of that crap (I have followed her series from the beginning), but she could also exercise her rights freely and at her pleasure. What a difference a river makes.

Oramac
03-03-2012, 10:01
I think Emily DOES deserve a lot of credit for this. She spoke in front of them a couple of times, at least, and she's made them look like fools to the whole country.

They made themselves look like fools long before Emily got her gun, but she did go a long way to make these things happen. I'm glad she did too. It's been too long coming.

unit1069
03-03-2012, 10:20
From the linked article:

The liberal council is overwhelmingly anti-gun, but it is feeling the heat from pending court cases and a newly Republican-controlled House of Representatives. Councilman Jack Evans, Ward 2 Democrat, voted for the bill under political pressure. “Council member Mendelson called me last night and said, ‘This is what I believe we have to do in order to accommodate the concerns raised by Congress and, or, the courts,’ Mr. Evans told The Washington Times. “Although none of us like making it easier for someone to have a gun legally, we believe that this is what we have to do.”

This paragraph serves to illustrate the Radical Left Marxist Democrat Party as it exists today and why America must rid itself of these neo-Stalinists as quickly as possible if we're to restore our country.

Democrats have and will continue to crush individual constitutional rights while making it possible for voter fraud to perpetuate their Party. There is no federal "right" to vote yet the Radical Left and its organs of propaganda claim there is and have blocked every attempt of states and localities to guarantee the identity of those casting ballots.

But there is definitely an individual Second Amendment right and the DC Democrat shows exactly the agenda promoted by the Party. Be sure to vote in November and take as many like-minded voters with you to the polls. America is just one US Supreme Court justice away from having the Marxist-Leninist-Stalinist elimination of the Second Amendment implemented.

Fred Hansen
03-03-2012, 11:06
From the linked article:

This paragraph serves to illustrate the Radical Left Marxist Democrat Party as it exists today and why America must rid itself of these neo-Stalinists as quickly as possible if we're to restore our country.

Democrats have and will continue to crush individual constitutional rights while making it possible for voter fraud to perpetuate their Party. There is no federal "right" to vote yet the Radical Left and its organs of propaganda claim there is and have blocked every attempt of states and localities to guarantee the identity of those casting ballots.

But there is definitely an individual Second Amendment right and the DC Democrat shows exactly the agenda promoted by the Party. Be sure to vote in November and take as many like-minded voters with you to the polls. America is just one US Supreme Court justice away from having the Marxist-Leninist-Stalinist elimination of the Second Amendment implemented.:agree:

Rustin
03-03-2012, 12:32
I just wish she'd move here to Virginia where she not only wouldn't have to put up with all of that crap (I have followed her series from the beginning), but she could also exercise her rights freely and at her pleasure. What a difference a river makes.

If she gave up and ran to Virginia with her tail tucked between her legs D.C. would remain the same as it always was. The report indicated that violent crime within the city, as of 2012, is up a staggering 40%! She is ,almost single handedly, helping to restore the constitutional rights for our fellow countrymen in D.C. It is frustrating that no one will fight for their right in these corrupt states. Apathy and cowardice will result in a future where legal gun ownership will be completely forbidden. I've read that what starts out west spreads east. I'm talking about Commifornia and their crazyness. Open carry has been banned in the sunshine state and it's an abhorrent affair. Thanks Emily you are a godsend to our American rights!

Fungunner
03-03-2012, 14:08
Unfortunately, other news sources are ramping up their propaganda machine, reporting increased gun violence in DC, armed robberies, etc.

swinokur
03-04-2012, 06:59
Unfortunately, other news sources are ramping up their propaganda machine, reporting increased gun violence in DC, armed robberies, etc.

Yeah, but none of that crap has anything to do with LEGAL gun ownership.

That's the absolute stupidity of the antis.

SouthernBoyVA
03-04-2012, 12:58
If she gave up and ran to Virginia with her tail tucked between her legs D.C. would remain the same as it always was. The report indicated that violent crime within the city, as of 2012, is up a staggering 40%! She is ,almost single handedly, helping to restore the constitutional rights for our fellow countrymen in D.C. It is frustrating that no one will fight for their right in these corrupt states. Apathy and cowardice will result in a future where legal gun ownership will be completely forbidden. I've read that what starts out west spreads east. I'm talking about Commifornia and their crazyness. Open carry has been banned in the sunshine state and it's an abhorrent affair. Thanks Emily you are a godsend to our American rights!

I think you've missed my point. Firstly, her life and well being is most important and the fact that she has had to wait three months and spend as much time and money as she did in order to purchase a handgun is ludicrous. And she wouldn't be running to Virginia... she'd be leaving idiocy in favor of freedom.

Emily has done her good deed and there's no reason to stay in DC unless her job and her preference demands it in her view, which is fine. The overwhelming demographic mindset in DC is anti gun so regardless of her actions, that garbage dump is still going to be just that... a garbage dump.

BTW, DC is not a state.

Rustin
03-08-2012, 15:10
From what I've read, emily is making strides in D.C. They have finally decided to loosen the gun control scheme they've got going on. I understand your point as I live in a state that allows ccw and open carry. I feel that what she is doing is a major benefit for our fellow countrymen. I don't appreciate the thought of just letting these garbage dump states stay as they are. Yes it's bad there but remember 10 years ago when it was like that everywhere? Did people run away to florida or did they fight for their rights in all the other states? Look at where were at now. It seems to be getting better in this day and age for those wishing to exercise their 2nd amendment right because of outspoken people like emily.

Warp
03-08-2012, 15:22
From what I've read, emily is making strides in D.C. They have finally decided to loosen the gun control scheme they've got going on. I understand your point as I live in a state that allows ccw and open carry. I feel that what she is doing is a major benefit for our fellow countrymen. I don't appreciate the thought of just letting these garbage dump states stay as they are. Yes it's bad there but remember 10 years ago when it was like that everywhere? Did people run away to florida or did they fight for their rights in all the other states? Look at where were at now. It seems to be getting better in this day and age for those wishing to exercise their 2nd amendment right because of outspoken people like emily.

No, I don't remember that. It wasn't like that (D.C.) everywhere, let alone 10 years ago.