G26 holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G26 holster

gouveia25
03-03-2012, 18:29
I was looking into getting a new IWB holster and I've narrowed it down to the crossbreed super tuck and a Theis holster. My question is other than price is there a difference in the two holsters with how they carry. which one would you recommend.

lyodbraun
03-03-2012, 19:05
I would recomend A Whitehat holster over the Theis Holsters, the White hat holsters you can switch out the kydex for other types of guns.... the Theis holsters are very nice Ive had one, but ended up selling it with a old revolver I had... cant really go wrong with either one ...

JimBianchi
03-03-2012, 20:31
I am a huge fan of the CBST, I have two.

That being said, the Theis has a large fan base, many of them also have a CBST. The Theis will be my next holster.

I need a good IWB for my K9, the CompTac Pro Undercover has been "fixed" a few too many times and may be heading to drawer soon.

Brad55102
03-03-2012, 20:57
+1 for the CBST
i love mine.

Mattyd
03-03-2012, 21:04
Well I have two CBST, one horse hide one cow hide. I also have a horse hide White Hat. All are good. I would have to say I am preferring the White Hat.

arushus
03-03-2012, 22:38
Im another white hat fan. They have an antique cowboy horsehide backing that I ordered for mine that is beautiful, plus they put designs on the kydex, which like has already been said, can be switched out for different guns. I got the constitution design on my kydex. At first I ordered mine for my G27, after talking with the owner, tony farah, who by the way isvery customer oriented, he advised me to go with the G23/19 kydex, since I may be buying a 19 soon, the holster for a 23/19 will fit the 26/27 size glocks perfectly also, but not vice versa. He could have been like a lot of other business owners and told me I needed to buy a seperate kydex for a G19 when I get one, instead he saved me some money by informing me that the holster made for a 23/19 would work for the 26/27 also! He treats his customers how he would want to be treated.

gouveia25
03-04-2012, 13:27
I went with the white hat holster. I'll keep you posted.

arushus
03-04-2012, 13:40
I went with the white hat holster. I'll keep you posted.

Good choice! What leather and kydex did you go with?

jb1911
03-04-2012, 14:08
White hat is a great choice, very comfortable. I got the black kydex and a horse hide backing. This holster only adds about 3/16" to the thickness of your pistol. Here's what mine looks like:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7023/6809610045_fed195920b_z.jpg

gouveia25
03-04-2012, 17:08
I got the black kydex with the horse hide backing. If I like the way it carries I would like to get a custom kydex for my Sig or my 1911. Has anyone carried a heavier gun in this holster?

arushus
03-04-2012, 17:36
The owner said he carries a taurus 1911 in his.

robhic
03-04-2012, 18:09
Just got a Remora and I really like it. Fits well and comfortable plus it has the added benefit of being usable in pants without a belt. There's a discussion in the "Carry Issues" forum with a video of a girl using one IN A BIKINI!!! Check it out. (The video alone is worth it! :supergrin:)

tenntornado
03-04-2012, 19:04
White hat is a great choice, very comfortable. I got the black kydex and a horse hide backing. This holster only adds about 3/16" to the thickness of your pistol. Here's what mine looks like:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7023/6809610045_fed195920b_z.jpg
Looks like there is half a hide in that thing.

shockglock
03-04-2012, 19:21
I just recieved a Fusion Pac made by Tacti Pac for my CM9 and like it so much that I will be purchasing one for my 26 here shortly. Does not rely on a belt at all and is very comfortable.

Kevin108
03-05-2012, 11:48
I love my CompTac CTACs but there may very well be better choices by now.

Glockfelty
03-08-2012, 19:41
I just ordered a White Hat super tuck with the velcro clips. I am looking forward to see how well it works.
When I get it I will post picture's and a review .

Zeroskillet
03-08-2012, 21:14
I plan on getting a White hat...looks like quality stuff.

MinnesnowtaWild
03-08-2012, 22:06
I just ordered a White Hat super tuck with the velcro clips. I am looking forward to see how well it works.
When I get it I will post picture's and a review .

Please do!

gouveia25
04-04-2012, 13:35
My new Whitehat holster just came. I'll give you guys an update in a couple of days.

Skeet12
04-06-2012, 22:05
I also tried a MTAC (similar to Crossbreed) for my G26 but could not get comfortable. Too much time to put on. I also had to "work" to reholster, leather grips and closes some. I finally settled on a Galco Triton. Easy on,easy off. Reholstering is great. i wasn't sure if I could tolerate all Kydex as I usaully do not wear a undershirt. I wear this as my EDC for several weeks now and am really happy with it.

dooga
04-06-2012, 22:42
A vote for Tommy Theis
http://img.tapatalk.com/458fbfb5-c5ca-b62c.jpg

heydeerman
04-08-2012, 06:27
I use one of these...

http://www.glocktech.com/

gouveia25
04-08-2012, 17:53
I received my white hat holster on the 4th and, I have to admit that it is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. I know I'm giving up the ease of sliding it on and off with one hand but the weight distribution and comfort is amazing. I've worn the holster all day for the past four days an it hasn't slipped, moved or felt like it was pulling the back of my pants down.

datnvan
04-08-2012, 18:53
used to have a theis and was looking to get a CBST but since the theis one was pretty much a CBST, i went with a comptac minotaur mtac instead and never looked back. i dont have any reholster issues and the fact its fully adjustable for height and cant was a huge plus as i was able to taylor it to exactly how i carried. i had problems reholstering with the theis as the leather was relatively soft and got softer with use. the comptac is dual layered and still stiff in the area behind the kydex but soft where the belt clips are to be flexible. but then again, you dont really know how you'll like a hoster until you wear it daily, but when you do find the right one it makes carrying so much better. i've been thru 5 different primary carry guns from 3 different makers with probably 2 different holsters for each before i found my best match to gun and holster.

Filhar
04-09-2012, 08:10
Look at www.clevelandsholsters.com Not as well know, but same type as the others you're looking at for a better price. I like the chicago screws.

Dooger
04-09-2012, 08:30
I have a Theis and love it. The only thing that turns me off about a White Hat is how much extra leather is above/front of the slide. It's gonna curl around and possible even print/poke.

jb1911
04-09-2012, 12:56
I have a Theis and love it. The only thing that turns me off about a White Hat is how much extra leather is above/front of the slide. It's gonna curl around and possible even print/poke.

I have a Theis and a White Hat and they are equally comfortable. The White Hat leather is finished better and the Theis is smaller and thinner. You can't go wrong with either one.

Lowjiber
05-04-2012, 20:16
Thanks to everyone for their comments.

My new carry piece is a G26. I ordered my White Hat today.

(One can never have too many holsters.:whistling:)

Adamz04
05-05-2012, 19:22
check out pjholster.com. i bought one from this guy who makes custom kydex holsters for 45 dollars shipped. Ive bought three from him and they are fantastic.

Lowjiber
05-20-2012, 08:21
Thanks to everyone for their comments.

My new carry piece is a G26. I ordered my White Hat today.

(One can never have too many holsters.:whistling:)
UPDATE: My White Hat came yesterday. Two weeks from order to delivery and an excellent (horsehide) product.

Glockworks
05-21-2012, 05:06
I use one of these...

http://www.glocktech.com/
Me too, and I love mine. I bought the original and the one that is easier to release. Both are great. I carry IWB (duh) appendix carry, no additional thickness and the strap keeps the G26/G19/G17 from falling.

jon1all
05-23-2012, 08:43
I am a new owner of a G26 and so far use either a Galco Triton or a HolsterStore LT (both clip-on) between 2 o'clock and 5 o'clock (depending on what feels comfortable on a given day and what I am doing).

The Galco is a great holster, but the clip does print a bit (not too bad though). The LT is a thin leather (cheap, $20) holster that is actually pretty comfortable to wear and doesn't print badly. Reholstering is a bit tricky (because of its thinness) but that's not too big of a concern for me.

During work hours I keep my gun in a velco Maxpedition concealed carry holster in my EDC backpack (Maxpedition Lunada) since I can't have a gun at my work. I keep the thin LT in the backpack in case if I need to stop somewhere after work before heading home.

I wanted to get a Don Hume right after buying my G26, but when I called they said they were on 4 months backorder... so I got the Galco and HosterStore LT instead. I'd still like to get the Don Hume too eventually.

Is anyone running the Galco KingTuk? I almost bought that instead of the Triton.

saddlebum
05-23-2012, 14:55
how do ya'll stand those huge pieces of leather against your side when it's hotout?

jb1911
05-23-2012, 16:23
how do ya'll stand those huge pieces of leather against your side when it's hotout?

I thought the same thing until I tried one. It's not a problem for me anyway. It's pretty much between your pants and your drawers.

dhkaiser
05-24-2012, 14:44

Actually I like it, keeps the gun dry.

Lowjiber
05-25-2012, 06:24
I live in Vegas, so I understand "hot".

I wear a tee shirt (tucked in pants). The holster never actually touches my skin.