Help find in-stock DD V3 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help find in-stock DD V3

Kloogee
03-04-2012, 20:59
Hey guys, anybody know of anywhere that has a Daniel Defense V3 in stock for a reasonable price? Seems like everywhere I can find has them listed, but they don't have any in stock. Much appreciated.

Restless28
03-04-2012, 21:16
Try Gunbroker

Kloogee
03-04-2012, 21:46
Try Gunbroker

The only two that come up on a search there are 6.8 SPC. :crying:

Restless28
03-04-2012, 21:59
Keep looking. It took some time to find my XV EZ too.

CourtCop
03-04-2012, 22:10
I just bought a DD V3 from Bud's Gun Shop 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure if any more are in stock. Have you tried a Google Shopping search?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

svtpwnz
03-05-2012, 10:52
They have been selling out everywhere. Buds had a good number of them a little over a week ago but has since sold out. Just keep checking and be patient, one will turn up.

Bimmer1
03-05-2012, 15:04
I purchased my V3 and V5 from Buds. You have to look on Buds site every day at least twice a day to see what they have rotating through stock. Sometimes they restrict Daniel Defense models to VIP members first.

B_RAD
03-05-2012, 15:53
I was in the same boat a while back. I called DD, they suggested Rifle Gear. I ordered mine on a Wednesday and picked it up two days later. I figured DD wouldn't suggest anyone who wasn't A+. Try Rifle Gear. If they dont have any give DD a call and ask for suggestions. They were the cheapest place that had any I stock. $1325 shipped. -$25 if you take their free shipping. I wanted it in two days so I paid the $25.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Bimmer1
03-05-2012, 17:22
Last price at Buds Gun Shop when optional insurance was added and adding 3% for using a credit card was $1,262.39 shipped.

Kloogee
03-06-2012, 13:39
Thanks for the tip on Rifle Gear. They are out there as well, but I added my email address to be notified when they are back in stock.

Has anybody had good experience with Bud's and their email notifier for when something comes back in stock? Is paying the $25 for a VIP worth it?

Bimmer1
03-06-2012, 15:18
The Buds email notifier works well. Of course others might be waiting for email notification on the same gun and may open their email before you. The $25 VIP membership is only worth it if they have a gun you want that is only available to VIP members. Usually, once the VIP members have had a chance to purchase the gun and they don't make the purchase then Buds will offer it to everyone. You just never know what they are going to offer as VIP only. Sometimes the Daniel Defense AR's are opened to anyone and other times they are listed as VIP only.

I see Buds added a M4V1 to their available list today!!!

Boxerglocker
03-06-2012, 16:07
Rainier Arms will match any online price and best it by $5... they have DD M3's in stock.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=ar15rifles_danieldefense&keyword=&pagenumber=1

Kloogee
03-06-2012, 18:30
Rainier Arms will match any online price and best it by $5... they have DD M3's in stock.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=ar15rifles_danieldefense&keyword=&pagenumber=1

Unfortunately if you look closer at the link you posted, the V3 is out of stock. It has the notify button on it and if you click the V3 to get more details, you'll see they more clearly say it is out of stock.

I had also seen they best competition by $5, but it has to be in stock at the competitor. Unfortunately that is my challenge right now. ;)

Kloogee
03-06-2012, 18:35
I see Buds added a M4V1 to their available list today!!!

I saw that too, unfortunately I think I have my heart pretty well set on the M4V3....

Bimmer1
03-06-2012, 20:12
I saw that too, unfortunately I think I have my heart pretty well set on the M4V3....

I understand. I don't think there is much difference at all between V1 and V3 other than slight rail differences and mid-length vs. carbine length gas system. The V1 was available to everyone earlier today now I notice it is only available to VIP members again.

The V3 will show up eventually. Buds has received several in the past two months. Hopefully that trend will continue.......:cool:

bmoore
03-06-2012, 20:23
Rifle gear rocks. Granted I live about 140 miles away but when I order products they are at my door in 36 to 48 hours from the time a click add to cart.

Boxerglocker
03-06-2012, 21:28
Unfortunately if you look closer at the link you posted, the V3 is out of stock. It has the notify button on it and if you click the V3 to get more details, you'll see they more clearly say it is out of stock.

I had also seen they best competition by $5, but it has to be in stock at the competitor. Unfortunately that is my challenge right now. ;)

It wasn't at the time I posted my reply.... I was careful to check. I know a number of the guys at RA, bought 2 rifles from them and a small fortune in accessories.

Kloogee
03-06-2012, 22:11
I understand. I don't think there is much difference at all between V1 and V3 other than slight rail differences and mid-length vs. carbine length gas system. The V1 was available to everyone earlier today now I notice it is only available to VIP members again.

The V3 will show up eventually. Buds has received several in the past two months. Hopefully that trend will continue.......:cool:

Yeah, I hear ya about the V1 vs the V3, but visually I don't like the rail going beyond the front sight on the V1 and I've convinced myself (probably irrationally) that I want a mid- length over the standard carbine length.

This really is a luxury purchase for me, so I'm looking to get exactly what I want and don't want to compromise just to save a week or two. :embarassed:

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Anybody else have any other sights to keep an eye on?

Kloogee
03-06-2012, 22:14
It wasn't at the time I posted my reply.... I was careful to check. I know a number of the guys at RA, bought 2 rifles from them and a small fortune in accessories.

Interesting because I'd checked them 3 different times today. Guess I just had bad timing. :crying:

Thanks for the feedback on them though. That will make me feel a bit easier to order through them if I catch one in stock.

MrVvrroomm
03-06-2012, 22:28
My wife bought me an DDM4v3 for Christmas. $1184 shipped from http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/daniel-defense-model-ddm4v3-tactical-carbine-dd20009-remington556-nato16-semi-auto-polymer-stock-black-finish-p-28630.html

Out of stock, price went up $150ish.

Bimmer1
03-14-2012, 20:48
Buds currently has a DDM4 V4 listed. That's close!!!

Kloogee
03-14-2012, 21:37
Thanks Bimmer, close but no cigar (mid length)! I'm still holding out for exactly what I want. I have email notifications set for the V3 at Bud's and about 4 other places. I may just break down and pre-order one from RifleGear. I called DD and they said RifleGear is one of their biggest retailers, so I may pull the trigger on them and do the pre-order.

Kloogee
03-14-2012, 21:41
Oh, and Bud's is showing as out of stock on the V4 now! I guess they do go quick!

Also, when talking to the guy at DD, he didn't know anything about Bud's. He said they aren't an official DD retailer.

Bimmer1
03-14-2012, 22:06
That's interesting. Bud's sure sells a lot of Daniel Defense AR's. All of mine have come from there...new in the Daniel Defense hard case with all Mil-Spec advertising tags, test firing date and lubrication date still attached. Along with the Daniel Defense owner's manual and 1 30 round PMAG.

Bimmer1
03-14-2012, 22:14
You can always keep watching here too:

http://www.impactguns.com/dandef-ddm4v3-223-carbine-16in-dd20009-852548002226.aspx

Kloogee
03-16-2012, 12:54
I ended up calling DD again and they pointed me to a place called Western Sport (westernsportonline.com). The DD guy said they had just shipped a V3 to them a couple of days ago and weren't sure if it had arrived yet. I hung up and called Western Sport and the guy that answered the phone laughed saying that he was literally entering the gun into the system right then and it would be up on their site in 5 mins. He confirmed the price and confirmed no shipping costs or credit card costs.

I then went and confirmed approval from the household financial auditor. :rofl:

By the time I got back to the computer, the gun was listed on their website and I snatched it up. $1299.95 total on my credit card.

I received an email from Western Sports about an hour later asking me to have my FFL email or fax the license to them with instructions.

I'm hoping all goes smooth. I usually don't order something so expensive from a company I've never heard of or researched to death. Like one of the previous posters, I'm really hoping DD wouldn't recommend someone they don't have confidence in.

Looks like I should be all in at $1324.94 once I include the $25 jailers fee the FFL charges.

I'll update this thread once the transaction proceeds.

Thanks to everybody for your assistance. Now off to find where to stock up on ammo and mags. Woohoo! :cool::cool:

Kloogee
03-16-2012, 12:59
And for anybody interested, it looks like they've got a V1, V2, and an XV EZ in stock.

Bimmer1
03-16-2012, 13:33
Awesome!!!!! Hopefully it will arrive in perfect condition and you will be enjoying your DDM4V3 ownership next week.

Kloogee
03-16-2012, 18:38
Thanks Bimmer, me too! Now that I've ordered it, I want it here yesterday! Although I'll take perfect condition over timeliness! :cool:

DubfromGA
03-17-2012, 20:17
That's interesting. Bud's sure sells a lot of Daniel Defense AR's. All of mine have come from there...new in the Daniel Defense hard case with all Mil-Spec advertising tags, test firing date and lubrication date still attached. Along with the Daniel Defense owner's manual and 1 30 round PMAG.

That's good to know. I may be using them for a DD M4V1 in the next month or so.

Thanks Bimmer, me too! Now that I've ordered it, I want it here yesterday! Although I'll take perfect condition over timeliness! :cool:

Awesome assistance the DD representative offered. Glad you ran down the one you wanted.

Post up picks when it arrives.

Kloogee
03-25-2012, 19:35
FedEx says my gun is on a truck ready for delivery tomorrow. Unfortunately the FFL I'm using is closed on Mondays! Boo! :crying: :crying:

Oh well, not like I'll be out shooting it Monday night anyways.

Kloogee
03-27-2012, 20:02
Woohoo! I picked up my DDM4V3 from my FFL today. I can't wait to go pop off some rounds with it this weekend!

Thanks again to everybody in this thread for your assistance.

Bimmer1
03-28-2012, 02:57
They look sweet right out of the plastic case!

Kloogee
03-30-2012, 19:22
In case anybody else is looking for a DDM4V3, I just got an alert from the Riflegear.com website informing they now have some in-stock for $1399. I'd signed up for alerts at several sites when I was looking before.

Riflegear.com (http://www.riflegear.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=743&SEName=daniel-defense-m4v3-mid-length-rifle)

I'm still itching to get out to the range this weekend to play with my new toy. :rock::rock:

Airhasz
03-30-2012, 21:25
Woohoo! I picked up my DDM4V3 from my FFL today. I can't wait to go pop off some rounds with it this weekend!

Thanks again to everybody in this thread for your assistance.

Congrads....enjoy! What ammo are you going to purchase? Just wondering what everyone else is shooting...I'm kinda new to the caliber.:dunno:

Kloogee
03-31-2012, 04:59
I'm going to try lots of different stuff to see what it likes and doesnt like. I'm new to the caliber as well. So far I've picked up some Remington something or other and some Federal something or other. Sorry I'm not around it and I don't recall the specifics. However, since the DDM4s have a 1/7 twist barrel, I'll be looking to start off with 62 grain or a bit higher. What I bought right now was 62 grain. I may at some point try some cheapo 55 grain, but with the 1/7 barrel (from what I read) its not a good match for it.

Airhasz
03-31-2012, 06:18
My Colt also has the 1/7 twist and I have been shooting 55g...got another 600 rounds here also. Didn't know I should be firing heavier grains. I will do some reading and hopefully others will chime in and set the record on barrel twists and grains of ammo to use through it...:dunno:

glocksterr
03-31-2012, 08:01
I may at some point try some cheapo 55 grain, but with the 1/7 barrel (from what I read) its not a good match for it.

i have never heard of anybody having a problem shooting 55gr. from a 1/7 twist.

i have seen reports of shooting 40gr. with zero issues. the problem comes from shooting the longer bullets with less than 1/7 twist. your gun may see issues with a 1/9 twist and it may not.

the rest is wives tales...

Kloogee
03-31-2012, 08:44
Uh oh, I hope I didn't lead this thread into a rat-hole..... If we want to have a twist rate vs ammo discussion, let's start a separate thread or resurrect an old one (I'm sure they are out there).

glocksterr
03-31-2012, 08:54
congrats on the new rifle. im a big DD fan. quality is job one.

:rock:

just didnt want you to get the wrong idea about ammo. lots of misinformation out there.

Kloogee
03-31-2012, 14:53
Thanks glocksterr! :cheers:

I just hope the weather cooperates tomorrow, so I can get it out to the range.

boomhower
03-31-2012, 16:23
My V3 eats a steady diet of XM193 but I've feed it Tula without issue on occasion. You'll be fine with anything 55gr and up. I would go any lighter.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Kloogee
04-02-2012, 18:43
I put about 150 rounds through my new V3 yesterday and I loved every one of them! :cool:

For several different reasons, I didn't do any formal sighting-in process. I put a bunch of clays out on the berms at 50 and 75 yards and was just plinking at them. I think it was shooting just a touch low, but close enough to be able to bust up a bunch of clays.

I fed it some Winchester M855 and some Federal XM855 and it all ran just fine. Next time out, I'll take some proper targets and a spotting scope so I can get it sighted in properly.

wellcraft
04-03-2012, 16:08
Hey guys, anybody know of anywhere that has a Daniel Defense V3 in stock for a reasonable price? Seems like everywhere I can find has them listed, but they don't have any in stock. Much appreciated.

there's a shop in my area that has several DD rifles in stock but i don't know what models they are. checkout www.classicpistol.com for their phone number and then give them a call. they don't advertise their inventory on-line but if you call they'll be happy to tell you what they have in stock.