Appendix carry. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Appendix carry.

NEOH212
03-05-2012, 02:58
Mas, What is your position on this mode of carry? As a women, I find it uncomfortable and I find that the draw is kind of awkward for me and the gun seems to print too much. Am I missing something? Why are there so many proponents of this mode of carry? Is there really a advantage to it?

Thank You! :wavey:

Mas Ayoob
03-05-2012, 09:32
Appendix carry seems to be a love it or hate it thing, with little middle ground. It's true for males, and true for females. Build, wardrobe, and habituation all enter into the decision.

Good news: very close to the gun hand when the latter is at midline of the body...very defensible in an attack for the holstered gun...readily accessible to support hand if gun hand/arm is compromised...relatively easy to reach if you're caught in a bear hug or need to draw while rolling on ground wrestling with opponent.

Bad news: many find it uncomfortable...requires closed front garment for good concealment...seatbelts may get in the way while driving...not allowed on many ranges, or in some shooting disciplines, such as IDPA...and a lot of people just can't abide a holstered gun whose muzzle is oriented toward their private parts or femoral arteries.

Hoping the above has been helpful,
Mas

NEOH212
03-05-2012, 09:46
Very helpful Mas (as always!)

Thank you!