Buffalo Bore? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bore?

vaquero aleman
03-05-2012, 18:40
I really try hard to stay positive but so many things are always working against that!

I was excited to finally get my Buffalo Bore 45 Super 185gr JHP, just to find out that it was not what I thought I was ordering. From the pictures they have on thier website you think your going to get a GDHP. But I don't even know what it is that they sent to me. I got a brass colored JHP. But I guess maybe I just read to much into it. The ammo is not "specifically" listed as GDHP. But why post the picture of one type of bullet and send you another? What's the point of the pictures? What's the point of the deception? If they had described the ammo as a brass jacketed hollow point, then I would feel like I got exactly what I ordered. Am I being unreasonable?

Brian Lee
03-06-2012, 15:03
You are not being unreasonable.

I also got some BB 10MM ammo (about a year & a half ago) marked as Gold Dots and it turned out to be some other unidentified bullet. I was PISSED because BB ammo isn't cheap and I thought I was paying for what it SAID ON THE BOX!!! I seriously doubt I'll ever buy any more BB ammo just because of that deception - and I call it that because I doubt it could have been an honest mistake.

Double Tap has let me down too, but in different ways. I gotta start reloading my own or it looks like I'll never have a reliable source of ammo that really is what I thought it was supposed to be.

vaquero aleman
03-06-2012, 15:47
I am seriously thinking about getting the 460 Rowland conversion kit because Georgia Arms loads it. I have never been dissapointed by Georgia Arms! And they have the best prices I know of.

Wonder140
03-06-2012, 15:51
Underwood. That's what is in my 10mm. Proven fps. As good or better than bb's numbers. Price, so cost effective I wonder how they do it. Go Underwood and you will be very happy.

vaquero aleman
03-06-2012, 17:15
Underwood. That's what is in my 10mm. Proven fps. As good or better than bb's numbers. Price, so cost effective I wonder how they do it. Go Underwood and you will be very happy.

I checked them out. The 10mm looks good. And, thier 45 Win Mag is the hottest I've seen. But they don't have 45 Super :impatient:

Wonder140
03-06-2012, 18:35
I checked them out. The 10mm looks good. And, thier 45 Win Mag is the hottest I've seen. But they don't have 45 Super :impatient:

Send Kevin an email. I've heard he is open to making what might have a good market. I don't know much about the 45 round. Never carried a 45.

vaquero aleman
03-06-2012, 19:59
Buffalo Bore loads a 200gr @ 1200 fps in 45 Super. According to Wikipedia the load is capable of a 230gr @ 1200 fps. And that has got to be a conservative estimate, some of the hand loaders here talk about hotter loads than that. What got me hooked is that it is done with a 45 caliber bullet, a bigger hole than the 40 caliber bullet and in a Glock size handgun.

vaquero aleman
03-07-2012, 13:41
I sent an email to Underwood Ammo Co. and this was the reply:

Ronald,

That is definitely a round we will be releasing. We are currently looking
into test firearms for the 45 Super. May I ask what you use and if you know
of any drop in conversions for either a Glock or a 1911?

Thanks!
Kevin

So, things are definately moving in a positive direction for 45 Super!

vaquero aleman
03-18-2012, 08:04
deleted.