"After Armageddon" on History Ch. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "After Armageddon" on History Ch.

TN.Frank
03-06-2012, 09:37
It's on right now, seen it before but I'm DVR'ing it again for my wife to watch. Excellent show about just how things may get after disaster. Not sure when it's coming on again but if you can watch it, you'll be glad you did.

Wolf Spyder
03-06-2012, 12:22
Ya I just caught it as well. It is originally from 2009, and I can never catch the first 20 minutes of it.

TN.Frank
03-06-2012, 12:44
Ya I just caught it as well. It is originally from 2009, and I can never catch the first 20 minutes of it.

I did once and it's basically a Flu Pandemic that breaks out and causes society to fall apart. Lots of good info can be gleaned from watching this show. Lots of other good stuff on History Ch., probably one of my favorite channels on TV.

pmwglock19
03-06-2012, 19:08
I have watched it a couple of times, and I believe that it is very close to what would happen if a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI. I believe it is especially accurate on how they show our reliance on antibiotics for human life.

Donn57
03-07-2012, 11:03
I watched it and while I think the beginning may be accurate, I don't think a flu pandemic would send us permanently back to the 19th century as was shown.

A flu pandemic doesn't destroy anything. Power plants, factories, oil wells, refineries, etc., are all just sitting there waiting to be activated again. Even if there was a loss of two thirds of the population, that leaves around 100 million people. Somebody who is left is going to figure out how to get those things up and running again.

It seemed to me that the experts they had on the show were actually hoping for a disaster that would permanently send us back to a 19th century society.

That's not to say that there wasn't some good information to be taken from the show. It did get me thinking about antibiotics and I'm already taking steps to fill that particular hole in my preps.