IDPA Holster with Tall Front Sight ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IDPA Holster with Tall Front Sight ?

ALBin517
03-06-2012, 11:35
I have a G34 with Dawson sights. The rear is adjustable so the front has to be tall.

I tried a Blade-Tech holster with it yesterday and the top of the front sight pushed the slide back (out of battery) before it was "home."

Any suggestions, besides replacing the sights or cutting into the holster?

Thanks

B.Reid
03-06-2012, 11:40
When you holster after the muzzle is in the holster push it the rest of the way in by pushing on the back of the slide, this keeps your finger away from the trigger. Common problem with striker fired guns.

dosei
03-06-2012, 12:07
I have a G34 with Dawson sights. The rear is adjustable so the front has to be tall.

I tried a Blade-Tech holster with it yesterday and the top of the front sight pushed the slide back (out of battery) before it was "home."

Any suggestions, besides replacing the sights or cutting into the holster?

Thanks

Before buying, call and ask if the holster's sight channel is big enough for supressor sights.

Look for holsters that advertise their large sight channel, like this one from Blade Tech:
http://www.blade-tech.com/Black-Ice-Holster-pr-1210.html#product_images

BuckyP
03-06-2012, 12:28
I used to use the tall Dawsons. I ordered a Comp Tac belt holster and asked for a tall sight channel. They certainly obliged, there is more than enough clearance. Whatever the holster, you may just have to ask for it.

davsco
03-06-2012, 12:40
you must have a really tall front sight. i am using bladetech DOH with my g34 and i have .245 tall warren/sevigny competition front fiber optic, and there is not a lot of room, but it definitely has a little room and has never caught or forced the slide back.

i am using fixed rear sight, warren/sevigny competition as well.

dosei
03-06-2012, 13:03
you must have a really tall front sight. i am using bladetech DOH with my g34 and i have .245 tall warren/sevigny competition front fiber optic, and there is not a lot of room, but it definitely has a little room and has never caught or forced the slide back.

Dawson Precision front sights can be quite tall. Sights for the G34 from DP can be up to 1/2" tall.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000C99-1278686009

BuckyP
03-06-2012, 14:35

Dawson Precision front sights can be quite tall. Sights for the G34 from DP can be up to 1/2" tall.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000C99-1278686009

Yep, Dawson adjustable requires .280 or .300.

bigleaf
03-07-2012, 12:27
I used to use the tall Dawsons. I ordered a Comp Tac belt holster and asked for a tall sight channel. They certainly obliged, there is more than enough clearance. Whatever the holster, you may just have to ask for it.

Yup. .300 Dawson front sight and the Comp Tac paddle. Works like a charm.

Sharky7
03-07-2012, 18:56
Comp tac has some gigantic sight channels for their holsters. Check them out. I think they have a whole IDPA package in kydex you can get.