Ordering a RRA upper [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a RRA upper

enukis
03-06-2012, 18:55
Hello all,

I am interested in ordering a 458 socom upper from Rock River Arms but I do not like the exact configurations they offer on their website. Specifically, I would like a low profile gas block with a longer quad rail on the upper.

I realize that I could order an upper that they offer and tweak it later but I figure it makes more sense to have them build it the way I would like from the get-go.

Does anyone know if RRA will take custom orders that deviate from the uppers they offer on their website? I know that I can get this answer directly from the source but I have tried calling and it seems like you have to wait a long time to get through to someone on the phone.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I did some searching for an answer and didn't find anything, so forgive me if this has already been covered in another thread.

Thanks

bullittmcqueen
03-07-2012, 05:16
I don't know for sure, but I think they would be amenable to it if you can talk to someone directly. The first AR upper I ordered was from RRA and it allowed customization through drop down menus on their website. Things such as changing out the handguard, flash hider, barrel steel, etc. There was about a 6 week lead time for them to build the upper and as soon as it was ready a nice lady called me and gave me an update.

Give them a call and just wage through the wait time and talk to them personally.

svtpwnz
03-07-2012, 05:36
If you can't get a hold of them to ask questions about a purchase, how do you think they are going to take care of you with a warranty issue? My suggestion would be to spend a few more bucks and buy a much better upper from a better company with better CS. I would look into a DD or BCM.

GSSF17
03-07-2012, 06:00
Hello all,

I know that I can get this answer directly from the source but I have tried calling and it seems like you have to wait a long time to get through to someone on the phone.

Thanks

= problem. RRA anymore is a lot of $ for what you get, IMO. Especially considering their 'service'.

enukis
03-07-2012, 17:46
Thanks for the responses. You guys have brought up a couple of valid points, definitely food for thought.