South slammed with tornados [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : South slammed with tornados

mac66
03-07-2012, 18:02
Happened to be in Florida since last Wednesday when I heard about the tornados that went through areas of the south. On the way up I-75 through central Kentucky I saw wrecked trees on the west side of the freeway and when I looked to the east I saw a whole neighborhood full of houses wiped out. Nothing but debrie left. Never saw anything like it. My heart goes out to those left homeless and those who lost family in the storms

Bolster
03-07-2012, 19:15
I've been wondering if we'd hear from our brothers in the areas hit...how are things?

Big Bird
03-07-2012, 21:59
I forgot the body count but its like 30+ something dead in Southern IN and several communities in KY. It was very random and like all tornadoes the damage is isolated (unless you were in the path).

I drive up I-65 to Indy yesterday and passed the town of Henryville IN. It was wiped off the map. Looks like a small nuke went off. 1/2 mile in either direction almost no damage. I was in Eastern KY this AM on business and saw the town of Livingston had been hit pretty hard. Good friend is a claims supervisore for KY Farm Bureau and he's in eastern KY now--said a half dozen small towns got hit all over the map. Said the hail damage is as bad as the tornado damage in some areas. Some places got softball size hail! Ouch! Quite a few people died from being hit by hail too from what I heard.