Para-Ordnance AR Stripped Lowers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Para-Ordnance AR Stripped Lowers

TactiCool
03-08-2012, 00:20
Lately, I've been looking for a stripped lower receiver that is available locally, and after calling my usual gun store, I was told that they had some Para Ordnance lowers for $160 and that they were of good quality and had some special coating on them. However, I have read that their TTR is junk, so should I stay away from these? Thanks for any opinions.

WoodenPlank
03-08-2012, 00:25
Lately, I've been looking for a stripped lower receiver that is available locally, and after calling my usual gun store, I was told that they had some Para Ordnance lowers for $160 and that they were of good quality and had some special coating on them. However, I have read that their TTR is junk, so should I stay away from these? Thanks for any opinions.

$160 for a stripped lower? :rofl:

You can buy TWO stripped lowers from PSA (and I'm sure plenty of others) for that much money. They're nuts.

M&P Shooter
03-08-2012, 10:34
I can get Spikes Tactical lowers local out the door for $120 at Target Master in ChaddsFord, PA and that's high IMO. I have PSA lowers and love them for half the price your looking to spend.

TactiCool
03-08-2012, 10:46
Yeah, you guys are right. I'll probably hold off on buying one, but my own impatience can get the better of me sometimes. I'll probably just wait until the local pawn shop gets one in. The one I usually go to always give me good deals.

TactiCool
03-09-2012, 14:16
So I ordered a PSA stripped lower yesterday after checking them out online. Don't really see how I could go wrong with one. Thanks for the tip guys.

WoodenPlank
03-09-2012, 14:21
So I ordered a PSA stripped lower yesterday after checking them out online. Don't really see how I could go wrong with one. Thanks for the tip guys.

From what I have seen lately, the only way you would have done better was to catch the PSA on sale for $50. :rofl:

Just make sure you get a quality parts kit and trigger for it, and use a mil-spec buffer tube.

glocked1
03-09-2012, 15:23
I'll second PSA or aimsurplus.

bullittmcqueen
03-09-2012, 19:50
PSA frequently has holiday sales and puts their lowers on sale for $49. Patience young grasshopper....

TactiCool
03-09-2012, 20:27
From what I have seen lately, the only way you would have done better was to catch the PSA on sale for $50. :rofl:

Just make sure you get a quality parts kit and trigger for it, and use a mil-spec buffer tube.

I'm getting a Spike's parts kit and a Colt buffer tube assembly. The upper is going to be a Noveske or a BCM. I'll post pics when it's all said and done.