PDA

View Full Version : Worth watching.....Iran Nuclear issue coming to a head

LongGun1
03-08-2012, 00:22
Greta interviewing Netanyahu

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1494443641001/

MoneyMaker
03-08-2012, 03:18
just another hoax,hell the miltary base in the next state to me is cutting 700 jobs at scott air force base,whos gonna go fight in the war?

TangoFoxtrot
03-08-2012, 05:02
just another hoax,hell the miltary base in the next state to me is cutting 700 jobs at scott air force base,whos gonna go fight in the war?

Its happened before! All the idiots pushing for war have never fought in one. So its easy for them to be armchair generals and say this or that. Maybe they should step up!

As far as Netanyahu, I think if he runnith his mouth let him go foward without us. Number one we can't afford it! Secondly you can attack a country because you "think " they have a live nuke pointed at you. Didn't we learn our lesson with weapons of mass destraction and over 5000 U.S.troops dead? :upeyes:

cowboy1964
03-08-2012, 08:29
Secondly you can attack a country because you "think " they have a live nuke pointed at you.

You're right. Wait until you *know*. Oops, too late then.

Israel is going to lose a hell of a lot going to war with Iran than then we did going to war over Iraq and they know it. To equate the two situations is ridiculous.

quake
03-08-2012, 16:50
Good book titled, "What in the World is Going On?' by David Jeremiah; worth reading for insights into Israel-related events

pugman
03-09-2012, 08:08
Its happened before! All the idiots pushing for war have never fought in one. So its easy for them to be armchair generals and say this or that. Maybe they should step up!

As far as Netanyahu, I think if he runnith his mouth let him go foward without us. Number one we can't afford it! Secondly you can attack a country because you "think " they have a live nuke pointed at you. Didn't we learn our lesson with weapons of mass destraction and over 5000 U.S.troops dead? :upeyes:

Israel is going to lose a hell of a lot going to war with Iran than then we did going to war over Iraq and they know it. To equate the two situations is ridiculous.

Lets play devil's adovcate for a second.

Imagine Israel attacks and there is in fact no nuclear weapons. None of this "they moved it" or whatever - they in fact don't have a nuke.

Then what?

bdcochran
03-09-2012, 08:20
Nothing is coming to a head.

The US did not have enough bunker busters in inventory. Now, the word is that it will provide the stream of bunker busters to Israel if it does not attack this year. The 1997 cost was about $150,000 a bomb.

Iran is basically shiite. Lebanon, Gaza, 1/2 of Jordan, the West Bank and 1/2 of Syria is shiite. You cannot control radiation once you use a nuke on Israel.

Reminds me of the cartoon of the Polish guy holding up a bank. His arm is around the teller's neck, but the gun is pointed to his own head. "One more step and the Pollack gets it." (disclaimer - my ancestors came from Poland so I can make the joke).

bdcochran
03-09-2012, 08:22
Oh. Why would the US provide bunker busters to Israel. Well, the ruling people in Iran hate the US. There aren't enough Muslims here for them to worry about, but there are a lot of people of other faiths. If I were a Mullah, I would drop the bomb here on LA where most of the former Shah's people hang out rather than on Israel.:upeyes:

Bilbo Bagins
03-09-2012, 08:54

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/sammage/clapping.gif

Thank you. I'm getting sick of non military folks saying, " Yea we need to kick Iran's ass" and if you try to argue with them, you get called a liberal.

Last I checked we are 15 trillion dollars in Debt, and our military is stretched thin, and have been fighting for 10 years now.

The response to 9/11 should have been an all out war. Dump 200,000 troops into Afghanistan, kill bin Laden and Al Qaeda and then go the frig home. None of this "Nation Building" crap, None of this getting our noses in everyone's business. We fought in Iraq and Libya, We still have troops in Afghinstan and now we have 100 to 1000 special forces "advisors" in Uganda right now fighting LRA rebels. We have all this going on and you want to attack Iran, and maybe Syria. Hell why not attack Cuba and North Korea while we are at it, we will just go to our Money tree and the young soldier tree...oh wait we don't have those type of trees.

How exactly are we going to avoid an economic collapse and a noticable loss of US lives with a full blow war with Iran? Sanctions, embargos, boycotts, fine I'm OK with that, but I think its someone elses turn this time, The US should retire as the world's policeman. Let the Israelis or someone else handle this one.

racerford
03-09-2012, 09:44
Lets play devil's adovcate for a second.

Imagine Israel attacks and there is in fact no nuclear weapons. None of this "they moved it" or whatever - they in fact don't have a nuke.

Then what?

Point is not to wait until they have one. It is to stop them from developing one. One they have one, you can't do much with a crazy. Look at North Korea, Everybody did nothing and now they have them, now what. The old nut died, and now the younger nut is in his place and needs to prove himself.

The leadership of Iran has stated they would like to destroy Israel. They have have 20% enriched uranium (4-5 times the contration needed for power generation). The step to highly enriched uranium is small. They are doing a great deal to get a delivery system. It appears they have been successful.

Do you wait until the robber shoots at you before defending yourself? Or is the fact he comes in the store hand in his jacket pocket appearing like he has a gun and says, "I am going to kill you, you worthless piece of flesh" enough?

You shouldn't tell another person (or country) that you are going to destroy them and make every effort to show people you can do it (even if you are smiling and saying you don't have a weapon). Don't make the big bet if you are not prepared to lose it.

If Iran gets hit, they have purposely provoked it. They would like to accelerate the coming of the 13th Imam and create a war between Muslims and the non-believers in the rest of the world. It is not, it is really a power play to dominate the middle east at least. If they destroy Israel, it will deliver the right message to their neighbors and they will become more aggressive.

sebecman
03-09-2012, 09:58
As far as Netanyahu, I think if he runnith his mouth let him go foward without us. Number one we can't afford it! Secondly you can attack a country because you "think " they have a live nuke pointed at you.

Iran's leadership have vowed to "erase Isreal from the map." Whose running their mouth?

Secondly,They don't have a nuke pointed at anyone, they are developing one.

I agree with you that the US needs to sit out.

quake
03-09-2012, 10:02
Bilbo - yep; either someone's your enemy or they're not. We're engaged in how many military actions as you pointed out above, yet nobody in DC will even call any group or nation an "enemy". Decades ago we reached the point that we had wars without bothering to actually declare war - basically everything post-WW2. But now we've reached another milestone in pansy-ism and gray-area-ism: the point where politicians not only go to war without declaring war, they go to war without even declaring an enemy. Punks, pukes and cowards all.

Our politicians are willing to send our sons & daughters to shoot people, but they're unwilling to call those people an enemy. How is it that can we be willing to travel halfway around the planet to shoot at a group/nation/whoever, and yet not be willing to speak badly of them...?

The answer is simple - punks, pukes and cowards.

pugman
03-09-2012, 11:16
Point is not to wait until they have one. It is to stop them from developing one. One they have one, you can't do much with a crazy. Look at North Korea, Everybody did nothing and now they have them, now what. The old nut died, and now the younger nut is in his place and needs to prove himself.

Do you wait until the robber shoots at you before defending yourself? Or is the fact he comes in the store hand in his jacket pocket appearing like he has a gun and says, "I am going to kill you, you worthless piece of flesh" enough?

You shouldn't tell another person (or country) that you are going to destroy them and make every effort to show people you can do it (even if you are smiling and saying you don't have a weapon). Don't make the big bet if you are not prepared to lose it.

If Iran gets hit, they have purposely provoked it. They would like to accelerate the coming of the 13th Imam and create a war between Muslims and the non-believers in the rest of the world. It is not, it is really a power play to dominate the middle east at least. If they destroy Israel, it will deliver the right message to their neighbors and they will become more aggressive.

If Iran were to destroy Israel its 1939 all over again.

My point is simple: the U.S needs to stay out of it but this won't happen.

The Obama administration has all but taken out a billboard saying they would assist Israel....not to save American Lives...but to secure Jewish votes in the upcoming election.

racerford
03-09-2012, 12:58
If Iran were to destroy Israel its 1939 all over again.

My point is simple: the U.S needs to stay out of it but this won't happen.

The Obama administration has all but taken out a billboard saying they would assist Israel....not to save American Lives...but to secure Jewish votes in the upcoming election.

This is simplistic and naive. It would not be 1939 again. In 1939 Britain and France had significant control and presence in the area. No one had a nuclear bomb. Mostly the Persians and Saudi's et al did not have air forces, missles, tanks and control of a significant portion of the world's oil production.

I am not suggesting the US should get involved. However, by US showing support it reduces Iran's thinking they can get away with something. It reduces Israel's likelihood of having to go nuclear to save their country. If you do not think they would do it you are mistaken. Israel has shown the resolve to act when others let things go. They do not let bullies push them around. If they did they would not exist.

When Obama has shown disinterest or lack of support of Israel it has emboldened countries like Iran.

If someone was bullying your little brother and you said "I don't care what you do to him" they would continue and escalate. If you said "think long and hard about bullying my brother, if you injure him, you should sleep with both eyes open, as should you whole family" you might get a different reaction if your were 3 times the size of their bully and 10 times as strong.

Perhaps you are right we should stay completely away from it; and allow a nuclear exchange happen. Perhaps our economy would be stronger as a result and our citizens unscathed. All Muslim terrorism against the West would cease. And the Muslims would be content with their corner of the world and they would love us again.

UneasyRider
03-09-2012, 14:33
1) It happens before the election.

2) The U.S. has ABSOLUTLY no intention at all of paying off our debts so it's not about money.

3) Obama will do nothing so Israel will defend themselves.

MoneyMaker
03-09-2012, 18:08
There will be a recession like none of you ever witness before if this happens,As you will not be able to buy fuel,jobs will be at a bigger lost,ect.ect.And he USA will go broke and belly up paying for another war already.Best hope it dont take place!!!

farmer-dave
03-09-2012, 18:50
So many nails, not enough hammers.

humanguerrilla
03-09-2012, 19:58
Iran's leadership have vowed to "erase Isreal from the map." Whose running their mouth?

Secondly,They don't have a nuke pointed at anyone, they are developing one.

I agree with you that the US needs to sit out.

"erase israel from the map." is a neocon invention. The idiom does not exist in persian. Sure there is some craziness but a lot of it has been carefully misquoted and dramatically miscontextualized for effect.

"we'll give you bunker busters if you dont attack until after the election" is as laughably insane as holocaust denying governments.

Lone Kimono
03-09-2012, 21:13
I guess no one in Israel has read Lights Out. No one would have to worry about them for a long time.

UneasyRider
03-09-2012, 21:28
I guess no one in Israel has read Lights Out. No one would have to worry about them for a long time.

Too close.

Bolster
03-09-2012, 21:45
"erase israel from the map." is a neocon invention.

"the Islamic Republic's official English translation rendered the phrase 'Israel must be wiped off the map'"...

The precise words "erase israel from the map" are a translation from journalist Kasra Naji, whose connections include BBC, U of Calif, NPR, and other good leftist sources.

At any rate, read quotes by Khamane'i, Rafsanjani, and Ahmadinejad middle of the page here...the message is pretty clear, whatever particular words you use to express the concept of blowing Israel to smithereens:

http://www.meforum.org/2167/iran-genocidal-incitement-israel

Javelin
03-09-2012, 23:05

And with how this administration has been treating vets and how the VA has been treating those that were wounded in the last decade of fighting will make it harder to get good people to want to go put their butt on the line for this country.

Glockworks
03-10-2012, 19:28

I agree with you, let's wait until they have the means to kill us as they have said they want to do.

They (Iran) have the demonstrated capability to put satellites in orbit. When they get the nukes, their satellites very well might be nukes orbiting overhead, with a remote capability to be detonated.

If you are unable to grasp this easy scenario, well, put yourself in the camp with Chamberlain(sp) and live in your fantasy land as he did.

cyrsequipment
03-11-2012, 07:57
"erase israel from the map." is a neocon invention. The idiom does not exist in persian. Sure there is some craziness but a lot of it has been carefully misquoted and dramatically miscontextualized for effect.

um...

"October 26, 2005

"Israel must be wiped off the map The establishment of a Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world . . . The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of the war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land."

(In an address to 4,000 students at a program titled, 'The World Without Zionism')

cyrsequipment
03-11-2012, 07:59
I have no idea WHY anyone thinks that Iran is not working towards nuclear weapons, they have been pretty clear about their intentions.

They WILL use them once they are ready.

kirgi08
03-11-2012, 18:27
They plan on waiting for the flash and cloud before they'll admit their wrong.'08. :crazy:

Shadyscott69
03-12-2012, 14:35

TangoFoxtrot
03-13-2012, 04:30

No "Ooopps" involved that is why we have clandestine forces and the CIA. War mongering is what gets throops killed. Like I've said its easy for internet generals, senators, and the general public to say "lets kill them all" because you all will never be on the front lines.

As far as Israel. Oh well our leadership dragged us into Iraq. They will have to do what they have to do. Personally I don't think we need to get pulled into someone else's BS. Besides WE CAN'T AFFORD IT!

sebecman
03-13-2012, 07:26

Do your homework.

racerford
03-13-2012, 07:35
No "Ooopps" involved that is why we have clandestine forces and the CIA. War mongering is what gets throops killed. Like I've said its easy for internet generals, senators, and the general public to say "lets kill them all" because you all will never be on the front lines.

As far as Israel. Oh well our leadership dragged us into Iraq. They will have to do what they have to do. Personally I don't think we need to get pulled into someone else's BS. Besides WE CAN AFFORD IT!

I presume you mean we can't afford it.

So you seem to be opposed to putting boots on the ground and jeoparding their lives. However, you are OK with putting Special Forces and CIA on the ground which apparently don't or have lives to put in jeopardy?

You realize on missions like this Israel doesn't insert and leave troops on the ground. They strike from the air or otherwise and get out. The US could do the same, but they choose not to.

So which is it. Do we intervene, or do we wait for a nuclear Iran that will even further destabilze the region and increase volatility of the oil market? If that happens it is our problem, not someone else's BS problem.

quake
03-13-2012, 08:30
Good book titled, "What in the World is Going On?' by David Jeremiah; worth reading for insights into Israel-related events

Again, whether you're religious or not, it's worth reading. A lot of historical contexts and precedents there.

And (IMO, obviously) a lot of things, spread out over centuries, that have to be accepted as mere coincidence if you're not religious.

TangoFoxtrot
03-14-2012, 04:48
I presume you mean we can't afford it.

So you seem to be opposed to putting boots on the ground and jeoparding their lives. However, you are OK with putting Special Forces and CIA on the ground which apparently don't or have lives to put in jeopardy?

You realize on missions like this Israel doesn't insert and leave troops on the ground. They strike from the air or otherwise and get out. The US could do the same, but they choose not to.

So which is it. Do we intervene, or do we wait for a nuclear Iran that will even further destabilze the region and increase volatility of the oil market? If that happens it is our problem, not someone else's BS problem.

Yes I meant can't..... First off Special Op and the CIA are paid to take those risks. They live for those type missions. The U.S. is in econmic dispair, do you really believe U.S taxpayers will support a strike on Iran, after the Iraq lie? Hell no! People are worried about jobs, paying the rent and healthcare.

Another thing where is the UN (useless nations) in all of this? Why is it we are the ones to throw the first rock? We can never just bomb the crap out of them and leave. We always occupy and rebuild every country we invade...once again...WE CAN'T AFFORD IT!!! ...once again..... its easy for internet generals, senators, and the general public to say "lets kill them all" because you all will never be on the front lines. Let war mongers like John McCain and Rush Limbaugh lead the charge! No that will never happen will it?

Remember this from the cold war...One or just two nukes are ever launched.When you target one country you must target all the countries that are a nuclear threat. This was the Ops plan the U.S. used. Iran knows this!

All I'm saying is "if we really have to do this", we just can't pull the trigger without serious planning. We did it in Iraq and Afghanistan and look at the outcome...not good. All the UN nations need to step up as well. We( the U.S.)must stop being the worlds police dept.

TangoFoxtrot
03-14-2012, 04:53
And with how this administration has been treating vets and how the VA has been treating those that were wounded in the last decade of fighting will make it harder to get good people to want to go put their butt on the line for this country.

I agree I was one of them! No one seems to get this. Morale is at an all time low. The war mongers need to watch the news other than Fox news. Soldiers can't do 3 and 4 tours of duty and expect to do it all over again in Iran. At this rate the will have to enact the draft.

racerford
03-14-2012, 09:49
Remember this from the cold war...One or just two nukes are ever launched.When you target one country you must target all the countries that are a nuclear threat. This was the Ops plan the U.S. used. Iran knows this!

The problem with Iran is that their leadership has not shown itself rational.

Our problem is that we outlawed assassination of leaders of foreign nations that are threats. That would greatly reduce the number of troops that have to die. Maybe we should just have the leaders of each nation get in the ring with chains and knives.:supergrin:

I am not a big fan of boots on the ground for years. I say tell the UN we will go in and scorch the earth of military assets, the rest of the countries can do the mop up and police work.

TangoFoxtrot
03-15-2012, 04:37
Quote: "Our problem is that we outlawed assassination of leaders of foreign nations that are threats. That would greatly reduce the number of troops that have to die. Maybe we should just have the leaders of each nation get in the ring with chains and knives".

Well thats what the government says anyway.:whistling: The U.S. government is one of the most ruthless governments in the world. It will do assassinations if it suits their bottom line. As far as putting leaders in the ring..Absolutely that works for me.:supergrin:

Blast
03-17-2012, 23:49

The leadership of Iran has stated they would like to destroy Israel. They have have 20% enriched uranium (4-5 times the contration needed for power generation). The step to highly enriched uranium is small. They are doing a great deal to get a delivery system. It appears they have been successful.

^^This :agree:

MoneyMaker
03-18-2012, 04:30
Head at the gun show yesterday a lady was telling everyone to get ammo now over a load speaker,30 percent inflation in next 2 months,Winchester rep said they will be holding back sales as they just got a huge contract with the military again as they are stocking up for several possiable conflicts.

TangoFoxtrot
03-18-2012, 07:25
[QUOTE=MoneyMaker;18725262]Head at the gun show yesterday a lady was telling everyone to get ammo now over a load speaker,30 percent inflation in next 2 months,Winchester rep said they will be holding back sales as they just got a huge contract with the military again as they are stocking up for several possiable conflicts.[/QUO

That is just wonder!:upeyes: Gas and guns is what runs this country.:supergrin:

cowboy1964
03-18-2012, 14:50
Head at the gun show yesterday a lady was telling everyone to get ammo now over a load speaker,30 percent inflation in next 2 months,Winchester rep said they will be holding back sales as they just got a huge contract with the military again as they are stocking up for several possiable conflicts.

Yeah, listen to the lady over the loudspeaker at the gun show. :rofl:

And "they" also said there would be a big price spike last June. It never happened.

redbrd
03-18-2012, 15:53

[/COLOR]

Not trying to be a jerk but you aren't the only one thats fought a War, and not everyone that has agrees with you. In fact from were I am sitting most do not.
Iran is doing a good job at destabilizing the Middle East without one so I think it is safe to imagine that they will not be more reserved once the get one.

redbrd
03-18-2012, 16:02
Yes I meant can't..... First off Special Op and the CIA are paid to take those risks.

If you are a soldier you suck. A soldier is paid to take those risks period. Last I checked the pay is the same for a SOF soldier as it is for a PAC clerk of the same rank. You don't like your job get out, its a volunteer service.

wildcat455
03-18-2012, 18:54
If you are a soldier you suck. A soldier is paid to take those risks period. Last I checked the pay is the same for a SOF soldier as it is for a PAC clerk of the same rank. You don't like your job get out, its a volunteer service.

Have you served, or are you just preemptively judgmental ? Base pay is the same, that's it.

Now if you were trying to make the point that hazardous duty pay, and HALO pay are inadequate, therefore the "pay" is essentially the same, I'll go along with that.

P.S. Once you sign and swear, its no longer "Voluntary", is it?

Phaze5ive
03-18-2012, 20:59
I open up one thread and it's, "war, war, war!" I open up another thread and the same people are demanding less government spending.

:whistling:

TangoFoxtrot
03-19-2012, 04:51
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/sammage/clapping.gif

Thank you. I'm getting sick of non military folks saying, " Yea we need to kick Iran's ass" and if you try to argue with them, you get called a liberal.

Last I checked we are 15 trillion dollars in Debt, and our military is stretched thin, and have been fighting for 10 years now.

The response to 9/11 should have been an all out war. Dump 200,000 troops into Afghanistan, kill bin Laden and Al Qaeda and then go the frig home. None of this "Nation Building" crap, None of this getting our noses in everyone's business. We fought in Iraq and Libya, We still have troops in Afghinstan and now we have 100 to 1000 special forces "advisors" in Uganda right now fighting LRA rebels. We have all this going on and you want to attack Iran, and maybe Syria. Hell why not attack Cuba and North Korea while we are at it, we will just go to our Money tree and the young soldier tree...oh wait we don't have those type of trees.

How exactly are we going to avoid an economic collapse and a noticable loss of US lives with a full blow war with Iran? Sanctions, embargos, boycotts, fine I'm OK with that, but I think its someone elses turn this time, The US should retire as the world's policeman. Let the Israelis or someone else handle this one.

Ok thank you! I though I was the only one with this thought process.

TangoFoxtrot
03-19-2012, 04:56

It actually sucks to go to war for people like you. How long did you serve? Were you ever in a combat zone? If no to both questions, then don't judge those who have. The pay may be the same but the roles are different and Spl-Op soldiers know this. And as far as getting out of the service,,, I did with 22 years served, and 2 tours of duty in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom with injuries. How have YOU served your country???? :steamed:

redbrd
03-20-2012, 15:58
Have you served, or are you just preemptively judgmental ? Base pay is the same, that's it.

Now if you were trying to make the point that hazardous duty pay, and HALO pay are inadequate, therefore the "pay" is essentially the same, I'll go along with that.

P.S. Once you sign and swear, its no longer "Voluntary", is it?

Yes I have served. With over 7 years deployed in the past ten I stand by my statement.
The hazard and jump pay is not specific to SOF.

redbrd
03-20-2012, 16:18
First off Special Op and the CIA are paid to take those risks. They live for those type missions.

Clearly you hit a nerve with the above statement. As posted I have served, yes in combat!
I am proud of my service and the people I have served with, some are still around and many aren't. You are right SOF guys do step up, but to imply that they are paid any more then a conventional soldier for soldiering is wrong and yes I still think you suck for saying so, its disrespectful to both SOF and conventional soldiers. Soldier is a soldier Tab or not they signed up to answer the call. Thankfully most soldiers understand that.

How does it suck any more for me to go to war than anybody else? I didn't get that part.

TangoFoxtrot
03-21-2012, 04:48
What you don't get is soldiers are paid to put their life in harms way whether they are SF or a clerk. The only difference is SOF soldier are paid to infiltrate over enemy lines,gather intelligence, take out certain targets, and train others. A clerk is paid to push paper! BUT if the clerk has to pick a rifle a fight so be it he will. Don't make something out of nothing and say "I" suck. My service may have saved some kid from going to battle in BS wars. I served my country even when I thought the president was an idiot for occuppying a country over WMD that never existed and positive proof was never shown. But! I did as ordered, that is what a soldier does. BTW I lost friends as well.

TangoFoxtrot
03-21-2012, 04:57
Yes I have served. With over 7 years deployed in the past ten I stand by my statement.
The hazard and jump pay is not specific to SOF.

If you served in the sand box you should know all soldiers in a combat zone are paid combat (hazard or hostile fire) pay, and most likely the SF will get jump pay ( if they jump).