Vivos 8 Shelters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vivos 8 Shelters

emt1581
03-08-2012, 06:01
Anyone else catch this on Fox's website yesterday?

What are your thoughts??

http://www.terravivos.com/

Thanks

-Emt1581

Big Bird
03-08-2012, 06:35
Well, if you can afford one of those its pretty swanky. But of course there's some serious coin involved. Why don't you get one and tell us about it? ;)

bdcochran
03-08-2012, 07:19
OK EMT - $25,000 to $50,000 per person for a fractional share.
1st is near Barstow. Let me explain where Barstow is and how easy it will be for you to reach there when shtf.

Barstow is not the end of the world. However, from there, you can see the end of the world. When there is an accident on the freeway to Las Vegas from Los Angeles, this is the freeway that is closed for hours on end. "Another tanker has crashed on the I5 closing it for hours . . ."
When you emerge from the cave, you will not be able to walk anywhere that will support your life.

When you win the lottery, you can build a fairly decent place for yourself (using locally licensed contractors and architects) in your neighborhood. For example, if there are just two people in your family, imagine what you can do for $100,000.:upeyes:

Donn57
03-08-2012, 09:16
When you win the lottery, you can build a fairly decent place for yourself (using locally licensed contractors and architects) in your neighborhood. For example, if there are just two people in your family, imagine what you can do for $100,000.:upeyes:

The advantage of this type of arrangement is of course that you wouldn't be going it alone. And I don't think I could hire a personal physician and dentist, etc., for $100,000.

That being said, I'm not going to be signing up for Vivos anytime soon even at the new bargain price of $10K per person.

bdcochran
03-08-2012, 09:59
Don57 is correct. However, here is my reality as a non millionaire.

I belong to Kaiser. There aren't big stockpiles of medicines at Kaiser. There are many special procedures that require special instruments, machines and skills. When I belonged to a HMO that contracted with UCLA, same observation. In fact I had more "emergency supplies" on hand than the 4 doctor satellite office to which I was assigned. I keep up with my meds. I don't expect any substantial medical care from any health care provider after shtf - whether above ground or paying for the privilege of being underground with perhaps an MD.

I have had both private dentists and dentists at UCLA dental school. Same observations about the practice of dentistry as I had above about medical. Unless the problem can be cured by a simple extraction, I wouldn't count on a high level of the practice of dentistry after shtf. There isn't much that a dentist will be able to do in a cave, other than extract a tooth.