How could this happen? Guns are NOT allowed on campus!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How could this happen? Guns are NOT allowed on campus!!

eselby
03-08-2012, 12:58
I am shocked and amazed that in this climate of gun safety and protection of our children from gun violence that this kind of thing could happen! (http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/georgia-tech-students-robbed-1377719.html)

Guns are illegal on campus! HELLLLOOO!

(and yes, I'm being very sarcastic)

RussP
03-08-2012, 13:07
Shocking...

eracer
03-08-2012, 13:25
Disarming law-abiding citizens is clearly the answer.

(I don't need to put a smiley up to indicate the level of sarcasm in my post, do I?)

saxconnection
03-08-2012, 13:55
Isn't it these kinds of things that help to advance Lawful CC on campus? I would hate to be robbed and above all defenseless like the victims in this story, but it's events like this that help to get the need recognized.

Adam

FL Airedale
03-08-2012, 16:06
I work at a college where both college policy and state law prohibit the possession of firearms.

I work, worry free, because I know that no one would dare bring a weapon on campus.

If someone wants to murder me, they'll have to catch me outside work where it is legal to have a gun.:yuck:

TBO
03-08-2012, 16:19
Disarming law-abiding citizens is clearly the answer.

(I don't need to put a smiley up to indicate the level of sarcasm in my post, do I?)
Is there any evidence the victim was licensed to carry/owned a handgun and chose not to carry based upon that law?

saxconnection
03-09-2012, 01:49
Is there any evidence the victim was licensed to carry/owned a handgun and chose not to carry based upon that law?
Oooohhh. Good Question. :thumbsup:

I work at a college where both college policy and state law prohibit the possession of firearms.

I work, worry free, because I know that no one would dare bring a weapon on campus.

If someone wants to murder me, they'll have to catch me outside work where it is legal to have a gun.:yuck:

Yes, completely agree. Criminals follow all the same laws we do. Nothing to worry about on college campuses. :whistling:

Adam

Semper Discipulus
03-09-2012, 15:11
Isn't it these kinds of things that help to advance Lawful CC on campus? I would hate to be robbed and above all defenseless like the victims in this story, but it's events like this that help to get the need recognized.

Adam

Unfortunately, as of late Georgia Tech has had no shortage of this kind of "help". (The state governmental powers-that-be seem like they might be slowly coming around.) To my memory, this incident is more unique in that it was further inside the campus, rather than around the perimeter where this usually happens.

Makes one wistful for the days in '96 when the Olympic Village was on campus. You could walk around at 3am with dollar bills hanging out of your pockets, with nothing happening. Tall razor-wire fencing and a National Guard perimeter did make a difference.