Mark Fiornio Civil Rights Suit Settlement: Not about the money ($25,000) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mark Fiornio Civil Rights Suit Settlement: Not about the money ($25,000)

gunslinger3
03-08-2012, 13:24
http://lansdale.patch.com/articles/lansdale-gun-rights-advocate-gets-25k-settlement-from-philly

arushus
03-08-2012, 15:25
Good for him, should have been ten times that amount.

ballr4lyf
03-08-2012, 15:49
IMHO, it should have at least been twice that... It's pretty clear they violated his 2nd Amendment rights, but they were pretty close to violating his 1st Amendment rights as well as his 5th Amendment rights (double jeopardy--he was arrested a second time, for the same charge, after having turned himself in and paid bail the first time... the second time he was arrested at gunpoint).

RussP
03-08-2012, 15:52
gunslinger3, I added to your title for clarity.

I'm not surprised at a settlement. When one reads all of his posts here and on OCDO, all his comments in the news reports, you can see a progression from rightfully angry and pissed off to using the incident to change the attitudes of some in Philly PD towards citizens carrying for self defense. That included retraining department wide on the policy about confronting citizens open carrying. That was done soon after the incident.

Do I still believe Mark went out looking for a confrontation that day? Yes.

Do I think he holds the same attitude now he did then? No.

Do I think he's a better Open Carry representative today. Yes, from what I read.

gunslinger3
03-08-2012, 15:56
gunslinger3, I added to your title for clarity.

Thanks Russ :embarassed:

RussP
03-08-2012, 16:01
Thanks Russ :embarassed::thumbsup: