Colt LE 6940 rollmark question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colt LE 6940 rollmark question

NCHeel
03-08-2012, 19:04
Called my "local" gun store about a Colt LE6940. They are 90 miles away. Says he has 2 in stock, both are LE6940 but different. One has the LEO and Military only rollmark and the other is blank. I asked if it was a SP and he said no, LE serial #. Of course they want more for the restricted one. Has anyone ever seen this? I will see both the AR's Saturday when I go to purchase one.

M&P15T
03-08-2012, 19:17
You're dealing with sheisters.

There is nothing special about the LE Colt 6940s. All current production 6940s are LE6940s. Probably one is older stock, the one that says "Restricted", which it absolutely is not. The one that doesn't is probably current production.

Out of curiosity, how much more are they asking for the "Restricted" model, and how do you think they could sell it if it actually was restricted to LEOs?

Do yourself a favor and download Colt's current catalogue, and educate yourself.

NCHeel
03-08-2012, 19:36
I know it is not restricted to own. I have just never seen a LE6920 or 40 without the restricted rollmark. Just like the mags in my H&K say restricted because they were manufactured in 2004. I expect the restricted rollmark will hold its' value better is all. They want $100 more for it.

If Obama gets a second term I expect some kind of "assault weapons" ban. To many civilian shootings going on for the Liberals to not jump all over it.

EDIT: I just went and looked at some of the pictures from the LE6920's being bought at Walmart. They do not have the Restricted on the one side. I thought they were still putting that on all LE AR's since some LE6940's have it and they were not introduced till the '09 SHOT Show.

WoodenPlank
03-08-2012, 20:48
Heel, all the current LE-series Colt's are coming without the restricted roll marks. As you saw, there's been a lengthy discussion of it in the Colt's at Wal-Mart thread.

NCHeel
03-08-2012, 21:08
Does anyone think it is worth the extra money for the restricted rollmark? I have bought several guns from them so there will be some haggling.

WoodenPlank
03-08-2012, 21:12
Does anyone think it is worth the extra money for the restricted rollmark? I have bought several guns from them so there will be some haggling.

Not unless you really want that roll mark.