Politician saying being a Victim is better .... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Politician saying being a Victim is better ....

bymorris
03-08-2012, 20:47
D.C. Politician tells Citizens being a Victim is better than allowing citizens to Own Guns.

http://offgridsurvival.com/dcantigunpoliticiancitizenvictim/

This guy can't be serious!

LASTRESORT20
03-08-2012, 20:53
Thanks for the share...Good quick view...***Interesting comments In the story...!

The guy is a loon...

MinnesnowtaWild
03-08-2012, 22:08
That gun control seems to work really good for Washington D.C.

But seriously, it would be really interesting to see how D.C. would change as far as violent crime if they allowed their citizens to carry. It would be a good test case.

Jim S.
03-09-2012, 11:27
Well then Mr. Deputy Mayor...
Perhaps you should tell your Police Body Guards to leave their guns at home when you are out in public.
Fat chance of that.
I hope someday he has to tell someone he loves that it is better that they were a victim over the horrible act of defending yourself.
What a typical politician jerk he is.
Sad though that they are mostly like him. Out of touch with reality.

geoemery
03-09-2012, 16:32
How do you replace body parts?

SouthernBoyVA
03-09-2012, 16:39
That gun control seems to work really good for Washington D.C.

But seriously, it would be really interesting to see how D.C. would change as far as violent crime if they allowed their citizens to carry. It would be a good test case.

Am I the only one who sees something evil, sinister, and despotic about this statement? Not by the poster here in this quoted piece, but by those whom we hire in government who think like this.

I live about 35 miles from the DC line and I avoid that garbage dump like crazy. The last time I was in that hole was the summer of 2006. There is nothing there I want, need, or desire. When I was a teenager, DC was the watering hole for weekend folly (read that as drinking, bars, and buying to go). But that was a long time ago. I can no more imagine living in DC than living in Iran. Not for me.

fiasconva
03-09-2012, 16:41
I wonder how many times he's gone anywhere without his body guards. He should tell them they are no longer needed.

TexanRon
03-09-2012, 21:13
That is about the scariest thing I have ever seen and heard. Like SouthernBoy said, this is evil incarnate in that this type of thinking is all too prevalent in our politicians. It almost appears as satire, but I know it's not. How depraved a thought process do you have to have to become like this? Sick. Scary.

xmanhockey7
03-10-2012, 03:38
Yeah it's no big deal. Just let 'em rough you up a little bit.

fxstchewy
03-10-2012, 07:43
Nah, i think if i am getting robbed or whatever i am going to do all i can to stop it, That Guy is a IDIOT.

HKLovingIT
03-10-2012, 08:08
Perhaps he would prefer that they wind up like these poor kids.

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom

Google it.

Here is the thing, if three dudes run up on you guns drawn, do they just want your wallet, do they want to take you with them, are they trying to kill you on the spot (not likely or they would have just started shooting, but...)? Like all things its a crapshoot, but you know their intentions ain't good. What you don't know is just how bad their intentions are, maybe just a robbery, maybe worse, maybe much worse.

Where I take issue with the politician's line of thinking is he assumes a little too much the good humor and tender mercies of the criminal and he also does not want a citizen who is so inclined to have an option to defend themselves from predation or someone who is interested in doing more harm than taking some property from you on the street. :faint:

Now to be a bit contrarian...

Cases like the one I listed above in my first paragraph are sensational, scary and horrific, but also extremely, extremely rare. The basic premise of just "give up your wallet and cell" and walk away isn't really terrible advice for most folks. 99% chance it's just a run of the mill street robbery.

If a guy catches me completely flatfooted and unaware, pulls a gun and puts it to my head and says give me your wallet or I'll blow your head off, I'm giving him my wallet. I have no delusions about whipping out a cool commando disarm move or outdrawing a drawn pistol pointed at my face. YMMV. Now if he says go back in that alley or get in this car, - F - no. You do what you gotta do to avoid the move to the secondary crime scene.

bdcremer
03-10-2012, 18:01
Isn't it ironic that with all these politicians that take an oath to uphold the constitution, they live and work in one of the most dangerous cities because they do not uphold the constitution. People get the government they ask for.

Rustin
03-11-2012, 00:35
Simply psychotic.:faint:

writwing
03-11-2012, 05:55
Its all about creating more people dependent on the government for help.

H&K 4 LIFE
03-11-2012, 06:06
Simply put, these types of people do not take personal responsibility for their own safety and security nor that of their loved ones, so they somehow conclude that others shouldn't be afforded that opportunity.

Sadly, unless these people were to actually become the victim of a violent crime at some point in their lives their screwed up logic will likely remain unchanged. It's real easy to say "just play the victim" when that victim isn't you.

DaverZ
03-11-2012, 06:12
What a complete utter moron.This guy seems to be trying to make the streets safer....for the muggers and other cretens.Is this how they are upholding our constitutional right?Bottom line is that they are willingly or unwittingly trying to give the upper hand to the criminals

M1Garand
03-11-2012, 08:12
Moronic

mymini40
03-11-2012, 08:27
Moronic
+Are you serious??? He's retarded!!!!!!!

Atomic Punk
03-11-2012, 10:12
with some of he downright scary things they say in public. i sometimes wonder what they say in private.

hosieford
03-11-2012, 10:25
I know this is said a lot in response to posts like this but I have to repeat "I'm so glad I live in Arizona!" I carry everyday and take great comfort in the fact that I have the right to protect myself and my family with the proper tools to be effective.

HandyMan Hugh
03-11-2012, 10:53
Without being unduly insulting, this bird is totally out of his mind.

There are more than 2 MILLION citizens who save themselves from harm by pulling their own gun on a crook, every year in America. That's EVERY year! Research indicates that crime victims who don't resist are 2.5 times more likely to be injured by an assailant, than those who do. The rate of injuries to victims who resist with a gun is almost zero. Unfortunately, legislators like this one only listen to one kind of statistic. That is election results when the voters turn them out of office!

Darkangel1846
03-11-2012, 11:05
This guys a turd!

Beretta92guy
03-11-2012, 11:11
these liberal idiots are just UNREAL......

these people need to just move somewhere else, like ENGLAND where they can practice their liberal ways in peace.....

what a jerk who lives in fantasy-land

janice6
03-11-2012, 12:03
He is promoting black stereotypes by saying his constituents are incapable of properly defending themselves.

Misty02
03-11-2012, 13:20
Its all about creating more people dependent on the government for help.

This! Plus hes also a fry short of a happy meal.

The Twilight Zone theme song seems appropriate at the moment.

MikeG36
03-11-2012, 13:40
The deputy mayor must have been smoking crack with former mayor marion barry. Sir - Please put the crack pipe down. :puking::toilet:

poodleplumber
03-11-2012, 15:06
I think every politician who advocates the disarming of the citizenry should be required to foreswear armed security for himself and his family, regardless of office. Haven't seen it happen yet, has anyone else?

ORHunter79
03-11-2012, 15:23
Um, wow. And he is in charge of something other than Bingo? Wow.

Zeker
03-13-2012, 07:21
He got his information from Marian Barry at a recent crack party!

FlCracker70
03-14-2012, 11:11
That guy is simply stating what the anti-gun crowd believes. He is not any more radical that other anti-gun people, he instead was willing to put it into words that people understand. In his mind, its better to have bandits (his words) have there way with honest citizens because it might escalate!

In his mind, my life is no more important that the life of someone who is attacking me. Just give the person what he wants, take a beating, get raped, give up your children as long as there is no escalation of the situation.

A couple of years ago a friend said that nothing in his house was worth being killed over and that he would let a thief take anything in his home before he would risk a confrontation. I let him talk about insurance replacing stolen items etc. I then asked him about his son. He said that of course he would not "let" someone take his son. I replied that he made my argument right there and that having a gun does not obligate you to confront, it simply gives you the means to confront someone when you determine it necessary.

He purchased a Glock 19 less than a week later and although he does not carry, he was able to see through the argument with one simple example.

Every anti-gun person supports what this man said, even if they are too ignorant to think it through all the way.

SouthernBoyVA
03-14-2012, 15:00
I think every politician who advocates the disarming of the citizenry should be required to foreswear armed security for himself and his family, regardless of office. Haven't seen it happen yet, has anyone else?

No, and you won't. Great idea, though.

Brian Lee
03-14-2012, 20:16
Right... But you know he's really hoping it will be someone else who will be the victim instead of himself, and he knows the odds are that it really will be somebody else.

So in other words, he's showing a clear willingness to throw other people to the wolves.

Maybe he just needs to become the victim of an election that doesn't go his way..