New ammo control laws? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New ammo control laws?

esminbritt
03-08-2012, 20:48
I have heard that President Obama and his administration are planning to drastically reform ammunition laws. Maybe just handgun and Type 3 ammo. Is this true? If so, i would obviously want to stock up causing an unforeseen expense and an obvious pain in the ass. I must say though, that I don't blame people who want to limit firearm access. Most of us gun owners (I would like to think anyways) are responsible citizens who enjoy the hobby and the piece of mind. But guns in the wrong hands (criminal gangsters, criminal wannabee gangsters, criminal hillbillies, terrorist, scumbags, etc wreaks havoc in our nation. It reminds me of the Chris Rock bit where he was talking about what it would be like if Bullets cost $1000.00 Talkin' 'bout "I would bust a cap in yo' *****...if I could AFFORD it" :rofl: "You better just wait...I got some bullets on Layaway! :rofl: Anyways, let me know if you all have heard anything. Thanks.

JK-linux
03-08-2012, 21:13

Glockdude1
03-08-2012, 21:21
:rofl:

Jerry
03-08-2012, 21:43
I must say though, that I don't blame people who want to limit firearm access. Most of us gun owners (I would like to think anyways) are responsible citizens who enjoy the hobby and the piece of mind. But guns in the wrong hands (criminal gangsters, criminal wannabee gangsters, criminal hillbillies, terrorist, scumbags, etc wreaks havoc in our nation. It reminds me of the Chris Rock bit where he was talking about what it would be like if Bullets cost $1000.00 Talkin' 'bout "I would bust a cap in yo' *****...if I could AFFORD it" :rofl: "You better just wait...I got some bullets on Layaway! :rofl: Anyways, let me know if you all have heard anything. Thanks.

:upeyes: OK here it is.

This is one of the most ridicules posts I’ve ever seen here. Restricting firearms, let me make this perfectly clear, restricting firearms ONLY “RESTRICTS” HONORABLE MEN AND WOMEN. Criminals ARE NOT RESTRICTED they are CRIMINALS. I just can’t believe how many people can’t get that through their ILLOGICAL heads. Infringing upon the Second Amendment has never and will never stop a criminal from obtaining or using a firearm.

cloudbuster
03-08-2012, 21:53
John Lott. More Guns, Less Crime. Read. Study. Turn in a book report Monday morning.

panzer1
03-09-2012, 02:58

This is one of the most ridicules posts I’ve ever seen here. Restricting firearms, let me make this perfectly clear, restricting firearms ONLY “RESTRICTS” HONORABLE MEN AND WOMEN. Criminals ARE NOT RESTRICTED they are CRIMINALS. I just can’t believe how many people can’t get that through their ILLOGICAL heads. Infringing upon the Second Amendment has never and will never stop a criminal from obtaining or using a firearm.You & I know that but try telling that to the left.

TexasFats
03-09-2012, 17:13
The threat to ammunition has been very real ever since Heller in 2008. If they can make ammo too expensive or hard to get, then, eventually, our pretty guns will become nothing but funny-looking clubs that are of little use for self-defense. If the slime of the gun-control crowd can reach their goals one way, then they will try another, sneakier, way. A lifetime of watching them proves this to my satisfaction.

Jerry
03-09-2012, 19:11
You & I know that but try telling that to the left.

I do! Over and over and over and over again. I actually convinced one. One! :brickwall: :faint:

janice6
03-09-2012, 20:01
You can not convince someone of something they don't want to hear.

JK-linux
03-09-2012, 20:34

bowtie454
03-09-2012, 20:59
Anti-gun politicians have been trying to do this end-around for decades...where have you been? Virtually every legislative session a bill is introduced to restrict/ban ammunition in one fashion or another. This is nothing new.

concretefuzzynuts
03-09-2012, 21:01
:dunno:Same logic they're using for cars. Can't stop people from making/buying big SUV's, make the price of gas higher. Force people to buy smaller, more fuel efficient cars. The difference is I can't store gallons and gallons of gas. But a person could buy cans of 1000 rounds at a time and (as long as they're stored dry) store rounds of ammo. At least that's what a smart person would do.:whistling:

JK-linux
03-09-2012, 21:30

TactiCool
03-09-2012, 23:57
I guess its time to dust off the muskets...

Gunnut 45/454
03-11-2012, 01:00
Funny I don't care! Why? Our State Constitution prohibits any such law taking effect here! So we would just disreguard any such actions by the Feds! Set up our own ammo factory's to supply our state!:rofl: Besides they've already done what the OP is talking about -the Hazmat fees! The already raised the taxes as well.

NEOH212
03-11-2012, 03:02

This is one of the most ridicules posts I’ve ever seen here. Restricting firearms, let me make this perfectly clear, restricting firearms ONLY “RESTRICTS” HONORABLE MEN AND WOMEN. Criminals ARE NOT RESTRICTED they are CRIMINALS. I just can’t believe how many people can’t get that through their ILLOGICAL heads. Infringing upon the Second Amendment has never and will never stop a criminal from obtaining or using a firearm.

It continues to amaze me at how many people can't understand that criminals are criminals because they don't care about the law and certainly don't obey it.

How then do these people equate that more laws or more restrictive laws will change anything?

As I've said, Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Your post hit the nail square on the head.

:agree:

NEOH212
03-11-2012, 03:03
I must say though, that I don't blame people who want to limit firearm access.

Ok.......Seriously?

:dunno:

BobbyT
03-11-2012, 04:06
What's "type 3 ammo"?

Jerry
03-11-2012, 12:37
What's "type 3 ammo"?

The kind that goes in those “EVIL BLACK GUNS”. :50cal: < Uses type 3 ammo :animlol:

Glockdude1
03-11-2012, 15:29
What's "type 3 ammo"?

Sound seeking, hollow point, armor piercing, incendiary, explosive, flesh shredders!!!

:tongueout: